Raiden V: Director's Cut

Dirftland: The Magic Revival

Turok 2

Truberbrook

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut

Shoppe Keep 2

Capitalism 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any interest in Hitman 2, so this is an easy pass.  Truberbrook looks interesting, but the only other game I have interest in is Gris and that one's on Gamepass.

A lot of these games aren't necessarily my cup of tea, but Hitman 2, Gris, Bards Tale 4, and Turok 2 isn't a bad 4 games at all. Hitman 2 is a good headliner but I haven't even touched Hitman 1 yet lol

Yeah, Hitman 2 is really it for me. Gris is fairly good but I played it on Game Pass a month or two ago. Don't think I'd care for Turok 2 much since I quickly got tired of the original. None of the others do much for me, unfortunately. But Hitman 2, for me at least, is the most exciting headliner in a while. Only the standard edition but that's good enough for now.

Also, I see people on Reddit saying you'll receive a bonus game on May 1st if you subscribe. Everyone gets the game bonus game which isn't one of the 12 already revealed and doesn't count as a selection for the month. Can't find exactly where it's mentioned on the website, though.

I swooped Hitman 2 during the Steam Winter sale otherwise I'd for sure be unpausing my sub this month. Sadly, another pause for me. Although that bonus game seems interesting depending on what it is

I have the only two games I want, so it's the easiest pass for me ever.

Edit: Actually, Driftland looks interesting, but eh. Maybe I'll visit the garbage dump.

FWIW, the Humble Store is having a well-timed Hitman franchise sale at the moment. Hitman 2 Expansion Pass which includes the two DLC maps (The Bank, The Resort) and some other junk I'll never care about is $10.19 after subscriber discount. For Classic subscribers that works out to ~$22 for Hitman 2 Gold + the rest of the games.

Where do you see this?
From the Steam page:

The Bard's Tale Trilogy is FREE for launch week with all Standard edition purchases! Buy the Standard edition of The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut before 9am PDT on September 3 to receive a free copy of the remastered The Bard's Tale Trilogy on Steam.

So it probably doesn't apply at this point, many months later.

Not the most exciting mainly cause I bought Gris already on the Switch (and will likely play it there). Hitman 2 is cool. I'll get to it after going through the originals and 1...so not for a while. Also Capitalism 2 really? I'm not super excited about this, but decent enough.

Turok 2 already?!? I've only just backlogged Turok 1!! Surely no one needs THAT much Turok. Where is all the Turok going? Maybe it's walking out the back door? Someone needs to look into this!

Not bad, but nothing I don’t already have in one form or another. Bummer, really hope they bring back some major headliners in future months or the constant freezing is going to become a final cancel.

Had a terrible time deciding which game looked worse to decide my final pick. Opus Magnum or MOLEK-SYNTEZ. Both looked terrible. No one want's these kinds of games let me tell you. Neither had trading cards. HAD TO FLIP A COIN! That's the way a stable genius makes the boring kind of decisions that don't involve making me richer or my base happier. I'd give myself a 10/10 for that though. The games 0/10. SAD!

From the Steam page:

The Bard's Tale Trilogy is FREE for launch week with all Standard edition purchases! Buy the Standard edition of The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut before 9am PDT on September 3 to receive a free copy of the remastered The Bard's Tale Trilogy on Steam.

So it probably doesn't apply at this point, many months later.
Still works. The key I got for Bard's Tale IV is for this sub, which includes the trilogy. Automatically increases the value of selecting that game.

Turok 2 already?!? I've only just backlogged Turok 1!! Surely no one needs THAT much Turok. Where is all the Turok going? Maybe it's walking out the back door? Someone needs to look into this!
Best thing I've read all day. Made me laugh out loud and the techs look at me funny.

Hitman 2 will likely be enough to get me to resub but I still have the first one sitting around unplayed and lonely. I suppose giving it another hitman to commiserate with would be the humane thing to do.

Turok 1 is now on Twitch Prime, and I bet the same will happen to the second game soon. Some games really cycle through these services.

A lot of these games aren't necessarily my cup of tea, but Hitman 2, Gris, Bards Tale 4, and Turok 2 isn't a bad 4 games at all. Hitman 2 is a good headliner but I haven't even touched Hitman 1 yet lol
From the numbered reboots, Hitman 1 and 2 are both great. If you loved Blood Money, you'll love these.

Best thing I've read all day. Made me laugh out loud and the techs look at me funny.

Hitman 2 will likely be enough to get me to resub but I still have the first one sitting around unplayed and lonely. I suppose giving it another hitman to commiserate with would be the humane thing to do.
You can take all of your Hitman 1 Reboot levels and import them right into Hitman 2 Reboot.

There are more benefits & new features in Hitman 2's engine, so you can use those for Hitman 1's content that you can pull right into the H2 Engine (i.e. pop-ups that let you know what's going on in certain scenarios if you have that feature on, the briefcase, graphics features, etc etc).

I don't think you can take Hitman 1 Reboot progress and import those saves & unlocked items/weapons/stuff into Hitman 2 Reboot though.

EDIT 2:

I also backlogged Turok 1 from month's bundle. And surely, I'll have no problem backlogging Turok 2 from this bundle.

Backlogs on top of backlogs on top of backlogs. #BacklogGamingLife.

I'm really interested in Hitman 2 and Bard's Tale IV. The rest... I dunno.

Does anyone have anything really good to say about any of the others? I looked them up on Steam and I got the idea that most of them were kinda niche or Zachtronics (2 smart 4 U) puzzlers.

Probably grabbing this for at least four of the games listed.
ChillyAnimatedEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

I keep waiting for things to go back to the way they were and then I check the new Humble Monthly and realize that this is the new normal.

I searched the thread a bit but I'm still a bit confused.

I prepaid for a year of Humble Choice Premium. If I buy the Covid Bundle, will it give me a code for HC I can gift to a friend? If I buy the bundle on an alt account, can I gift the HC sub to myself for a free month?

I searched the thread a bit but I'm still a bit confused.

I prepaid for a year of Humble Choice Premium. If I buy the Covid Bundle, will it give me a code for HC I can gift to a friend? If I buy the bundle on an alt account, can I gift the HC sub to myself for a free month?
I bought it on an alt account and gifted my main account the free month. If you buy the bundle on your main you won't get the free month at all.

I see glowing reviews for Turok and Turok 2 on steam. Is this because of people who loved the originals and have nostalgia and how well the remasters were done? Or is the game play really that good for today's standards? I am trying to figure out if I want to use my choices for those two games.

Thanks

I see glowing reviews for Turok and Turok 2 on steam. Is this because of people who loved the originals and have nostalgia and how well the remasters were done? Or is the game play really that good for today's standards? I am trying to figure out if I want to use my choices for those two games.

Thanks
I understand that this is gonna come across as rude, but it's not intended that way. You said "choices," but it's only Turok 2 that you can choose from. This isn't for the bundle as far as I can tell. But if it IS, then you're getting double the value, and it's only 1 choice. I'd choose it based on that alone. Otherwise, you'd have to weigh your preferences for any remaining single choice between this fun-looking game, some 2deep4u puzzlers, and an antiquated sim. I'm assuming those are the only ones that aren't givens on what to take from this monthly.

As far as the positive reviews go, I'd say it's the former. People are buying the game because it's Turok, ergo nostalgia, and the remaster just happens to be better than the original. So it's a great niche nostalgia game, rather than a great game that can compete with today's great games, like Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I understand that this is gonna come across as rude, but it's not intended that way. You said "choices," but it's only Turok 2 that you can choose from. This isn't for the bundle as far as I can tell. But if it IS, then you're getting double the value, and it's only 1 choice. I'd choose it based on that alone. Otherwise, you'd have to weigh your preferences for any remaining single choice between this fun-looking game, some 2deep4u puzzlers, and an antiquated sim. I'm assuming those are the only ones that aren't givens on what to take from this monthly.

As far as the positive reviews go, I'd say it's the former. People are buying the game because it's Turok, ergo nostalgia, and the remaster just happens to be better than the original. So it's a great niche nostalgia game, rather than a great game that can compete with today's great games, like Horizon: Zero Dawn.
I read it as using a March choice for turok and an April choice for turok 2.

I'm in the same boat with Duke 3d - yes it looks slightly better and there are some new levels, but am I really going to enjoy replaying a game I spent a bunch of time with in high school? It's less than 2 bucks but still... FPS specifically have made a lot of advancements in the past 20yrs and this seems like it would be a nostalgia play rather than an enjoyment play.

bread's done
Back