Humble Bundle Thread

Hoping for a decent monthly Humble Choice like...

tenor.gif
ftfy

(it's gonna suck)

I'm excited. Not because I think the selection will be good, but because I'll finally be able to buy the games in my Steam cart without fear of them getting bundled.

Another pause for me. Much, much worse than June.

On the other hand, if this is how it's going into the future, maybe those of us with months remaining should start thinking about cutting our losses, stop pausing and just cash out now, as the potential value in our remaining months only keeps going down month after month. 

What was the bonus game for June? Can't even tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Choice July 2020 choices:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Deluxe Edition
Basingstoke
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season One
Beat Hazard 2
Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive
EARTHLOCK
Metal Unit
Railway Empire
Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
Verlet Swing
Void Bastard
Yuppie Psycho

With Subscription:
Boundless

DRM-Free Stuff:
Grotto
Popup Dungeon Sneak Peek

Easy buy. Wanted Void Bastards and Yuppie Psycho, but they were in high tiers in weak bundles. Earthlock and Verlet Swing (Already owned) are going to be my passes. I played the Popup Dungeon demo when Steam had it, and it was mediocore IMHO. More of a Dungeon Maker's Toolkit than a game.

this bundle is so bad. i rarely skip because i sell games i dont want in the cess pool but the only game i think i would want here is void bastards which even that im just like eh, dont know if this is worth the trouble for me

Meh. If anyone is selling Basingstoke, Void Bastards, and/or Beat Hazard 2, send me a PM.
Void and BH2 looks like the best ones in this bundle, TBH.

EDIT:

Okay, Basingstoke also. Dunno how I missed that.

I'm less wild about BH2.  BH1 is a fun time waster and I'm sure BH2 is solid but it's nothing I'd go out of my way to acquire.

this bundle is so bad. i rarely skip because i sell games i dont want in the cess pool but the only game i think i would want here is void bastards which even that im just like eh, dont know if this is worth the trouble for me
There's a few good items in here - but yeah, it's missing a real KO of a headliner or something I've dying to play to make me say "Go buy this now!"

I would've jumped if even something like No Man's Sky showed-up here...just to "own" it (even though it's in Xbox Pass).

Heck, even Fallout 76 or Anthem would've been an "okay" headliner; something I'd be curious enough about, despite the issues, to say: "Oh, what the hell? I'll give it a shot."

EDIT:

Age of Wonders: PF look cool, but....there's already 2 DLC's/expansions for this one. Would've been nice, if it was a Complete Ed.

Surprised people aren't more excited about the usual Paradox offering with a mass amount of DLC. About half this bundle is on my wishlist, but my wishlist is relatively deep too. I'm actually most excited by Yuppie Psycho. Void Bastards looks fun too. There is a lot of interesting games though. Kind of disappointed there is no weird puzzle games in there.

It's way past time for No Man's Sky to be in a bundle.
Never too late.

I've played it in Xbox for PC Game Pass - and I like it. For a low-key game and something to basically chill & do some stuff, despite feeling like a big sandbox and repetitive, it's...just cool. Something about it is cool.

It definitely isn't spectacular and isn't horrible either - but, it's cool.

It does have some amazing & unforgettable things & moments to it, if you can...stick with it or just goof around in there, for a while.

I really enjoyed the whole seamless transition from jumping in a ship (once it's repaired), taking off into space, flying past planets in space, picking a planet while in space, and then actually landing it...ALL SEAMLESS w/ no cut-scenes. That was awesome.

Someday... someday...  It looks like a solid indie game that got way too much hype at one of those awards shows and the list price doubled for no good reason other than said hype.  It'll hit a bundle eventually.  Beat Hazard 2 will probably be bundled a dozen more times in the future.  Just procured Void Bastard and Basingstoke.

Pretty meh. Was hoping for something like Yakuza Kiwami 2, but that will probably be end of the year, based on the past titles. 

Hellblade from last month looks interesting and I never did end up getting it, but I'm getting the sense that Epic Games Store will give it away at some point. 

Also, there hasn't been a Ubisoft headliner since AC: Origins last year. 

None of these were on my radar or wishlist, but having the Classic Plan makes the games cheap enough for me to keep them. Even if they don't look great, I'll give them a try at $12 for 11.

Definitely not worth $20 for 9, though.

Bought it, skipped Yuppie Psycho LOOKS TERRIBLE!!! and Metal Unit NOT COMPLETE EARLY ACCESS!!! There's another bonus game TO BE REVEALED!!! Happy enough with 11 games for $13. KEEP HUMBLE GREAT!!!

Been paused for 2-3 months but this one's definitely worth it to me. 2 games I actively wanted and then multiple games that scratch my "Looks interesting if it's cheap in a bundle" itch. Sigma Theory's the best example, didn't even know it existed before this bundle but now a spy board/strategy game in a sci-fi world made by the people that did Out There sounds well worth a look.

Bought it, skipped Yuppie Psycho LOOKS TERRIBLE!!! and Metal Unit NOT COMPLETE EARLY ACCESS!!! There's another bonus game TO BE REVEALED!!! Happy enough with 11 games for $13. KEEP HUMBLE GREAT!!!
Only the best survival crafting games, folks. I know survival crafting games, and Boundless is a total winner. Any news of low player counts is fake news!!

Gross. All virtual doorstops for me.

Basingstoke looks like it could be fun, but the rest of these are not my thing.

I've played BH2 during free weekends and have been pretty disappointed by it, but I still love the franchise enough that I knew I'd get it someday. I really disagree with some of the choices in the game, but I like the streaming music integration and it does have a big progression model if you're into that kind of thing. This whole bundle is cheaper than BH2's previous low, so I went ahead and unpaused for the first time since Choice started up.

Picked up Verlet Swing and Metal Unit since those both looked like something I would play. Already "have" Void Bastards and Planetfall via game pass, so I sold off my other choices for $13. Pretty happy with that turnout.

Hi all, here's a bunch of unused/unwanted keys from the Racial Justice bundle a few weeks ago:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:34273]

Got Football Manager 2020, Pesterquest, and My Memory of Us. Also tried for FRAMED but was claimed. Thanks for the drop!

Worth it if you're into strategy games, especially Planetfall. I knew I'd get burned buying Void Bastards last year, same with Railway Empire and both are still in the backlog. Deadlock looked interesting but not worth full price to me. So not a horrible month I guess.

Actually really really like this month's bundle.

Sold planetfall, railway, yuppie for most of the cost of the bundle.

Beat Hazard, Metal Unit, and Battlestar Galactica were all games on my wishlist that I probably would have bought individually on steam but was hoping they'd eventually be bundled.  BSG in particular is a fantastic deal because the key comes with all of the Season 1 expansions. That full Season 1 bundle has never been below $35 on steam.

The rest of the games seem worth a try as well. I passed on Earthlock because even though I like JRPGs, the characters look stupid and this would never make it to the top of my backlog under any circumstances. Also passed on Sigma Empire.

I can see why people hoping for AAA games in the popular genres would hate this month but it's great for me.

Protip -- do not get Verlet Swing if you have VR. I thought it looked sort of neat from the trailers and with the art design, but it will hold your interest for less than 5 minutes if you've played windlands 2. No VR support even though it desperately needs it.

Pretty meh. Was hoping for something like Yakuza Kiwami 2, but that will probably be end of the year, based on the past titles.

Hellblade from last month looks interesting and I never did end up getting it, but I'm getting the sense that Epic Games Store will give it away at some point.

Also, there hasn't been a Ubisoft headliner since AC: Origins last year.
Hellblade is an absolutely stunning looking walking simulator / tech demo with extremely mediocre combat and very little else ... and a ‘deep’ story about mental illness or something ... I honestly found it prettt awful to be honest, and I’m a fan of that developer’s previous work. I would wait to get it for free / very little and/or pick up the sequel when it comes out on the next gen Xbox (assuming they address what was lacking in the first game).

Oh and yeah, bundle sucks for July but I say that every month. Kind of want to own Planetfall though ... hmmm

I am happy with it.  Classic plan and had three of the games wishlisted too though.  I sometimes wonder why people do not like the bundle forgetting a lot of people are not on classic.  I'd be disappointed with most months if I wasn't.

It's a shame the season pass isn't included with Planetfall as is typical for Humble. I wish they'd only include games without DLC if they're not going to provide the complete package.

Last edited:
It's way past time for No Man's Sky to be in a bundle.
I was on the verge of buying it with GatesBux for Xboner, but then it appears on Game Ass. Was really looking forward to trying it out and did so the first two days it was on there. I dunno, just not pulling me in..
Almost too much procedural generation?

I was considering NMS for $15. I would have been disappointed with that purchase.

Went back to The Witcher 3 and Far Cry 5. FarCry 5 was a given once it hit sub 15. I'm not completely regretting it.... It's serviceable, but tired. While I wasn't really needing an AC 'refresh', I'm thinking it might be good to apply some of that wax to the FarCry series.
Maybe give the protagonist in FarCry 6 a hidden blade and make him an assassin in a secret society... Something fresh like Dat!

I was on the verge of buying it with GatesBux for Xboner, but then it appears on Game Ass. Was really looking forward to trying it out and did so the first two days it was on there. I dunno, just not pulling me in..
Almost too much procedural generation?

I was considering NMS for $15. I would have been disappointed with that purchase.

Went back to The Witcher 3 and Far Cry 5. FarCry 5 was a given once it hit sub 15. I'm not completely regretting it.... It's serviceable, but tired. While I wasn't really needing an AC 'refresh', I'm thinking it might be good to apply some of that wax to the FarCry series.
Maybe give the protagonist in FarCry 6 a hidden blade and make him an assassin in a secret society... Something fresh like Dat!
Rumor is Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) might be the villain for Far Cry 6:

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/rumors-are-heating-up-that-giancarlo-esposito-is-the-far-cry-6-villain-596308.phtml?

That Far Cry 5 expansion looks more interesting to me. But... Denuvo, so not considering it unless it's in some bundle.
Maybe, but I have to make it through the base game first and the expansion needs to hit sub $10 and MysterD's mom has to show me a good time (e. g. Read me MysterD's list of games from 2010-current in order of disk space required from highest to lowest.)

bread's done
Back