Humble Bundle Thread

Narrator: It was.
Still, I'll probably grab it though.

VTM: Shadows of New York; and Pathologic 2 are here.

I actually liked VTM: Coteries.

Buying this bundle also stops me from buying Ancestors: THO from Tim Sweeney's Epic Store (for $5-6 or so, after the coupon). Glad I waited to see HB put it in on a Choice, as a Steam key - or else I'd probably have 2 copies of this (Steam and Epic), as I often seem to buy HC's most of the time anyways.

Not so sure about the rest of the bundle though - but still probably worth it for me, for the other titles I mentioned being interested in, in previous paragraphs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I waited to see HB put it in on a Choice, as a Steam key - or else I'd probably have 2 copies of this (Steam and Epic), as I often seem to buy HC's most of the time anyways.
I bought off Epic but never installed or played so I've submitted for a refund. I did the Six months for $6/mth thing so the refund from Epic will just about cover this month. Could be worse.

Warhammer Chaosbane is a decent Diablo clone if you've ever wanted to play Diablo with the Warhammer IP but it is basic in most ways so when it does something clever it makes you wander why they didn't do it more.

Act 1 boss is actually one of the better bosses I've seen in D clone. The others are a step down... One is straight out of a bullet hell shoot'em up. (It's orginal but brutal. I played with a mouse.)

Story: Simple but well done.. I liked the drawn art of the cutscenes.

Note: Gear won't really change your character's appearance... IP issues.

I got 70 hours out of it.

VTM VN I'll play and I do love myself a generic likely poopy Diablo clone in Chaosbane. I don't want to build PCs for sure.....kind of a lame bundle, but not the worse. Also I think an animu metroidvania, which is fine.

nitrosmob said:
I don't want to build PCs for sure...
I'm wondering if 3080 RTX and all the other new cards will be in the game... or if its a true real world simulator where those cards simply don't exist?

(See my comment above your for my thoughts on Chaosbane. I see they have a witch hunter class DLC now... I might actually pick that up.)

Not Tonight actually sounds interesting. Looks & sounds similar to Papers Please.

Side note: I still have Papers Please backlogged too.

I'm wondering if 3080 RTX and all the other new cards will be in the game... or if its a true real world simulator where those cards simply don't exist?
Joke reminds me that PC Builder has a fucking ludicrous $50 in paid DLC available. Not on sale, either!

Paying to use real life brands sounds a lot like paying to advertise to yourself.

I like how they don't even try to put a headliner/feature game in these anymore.
Prepare for 5 more months of DISAPPOINTMENT unless you were SMART and got in on the $6 a month deal!

Looking to sell a buck worth of cards from the bundle too. SO MUCH WINNING!!!!

I did not wait long enough to renew my sub to get the $6 deal but with 12 games I do not have, several of which were wishlisted, I'm fine with this month even at $11 or whatever it cost me.  But I had super low expectations and this month definitely doesn't look exciting even if it had some stuff I wanted.  I do notice it has no clear headliner though which is probably going to be a trend.  Wish Chaosbane included DLC.  You can get the bundle with all DLC outside of Steam cheaper than you can get the DLC on Steam by completing the bundle while already owning the game.  Sigh.

Yeah, this is a six dollar bundle for me.

I'd have probably been okay with it had I gone for the 6/6 offer. No doubt some of the other months will be worse though. I did get an offer for $8 though when I went to pause. It might be worth trying if you really want this bundle.

Not that big of a bundle but I still got it for the fact that some of the games are on my wishlist and I wouldnt get any of these games individually otherwise.

So wait, I had a membership at $12 a month that runs out this month.

All of the people who paid $8 a month or $6 a month have been getting every game like I do with my $12 sub.

I don't get any credit offers whenever I pause, I don't get any bonuses or rewards for being subbed for 2 years, and I'm locked into renewing my sub at $12 instead of $6.

IGN has no concept of rewarding veterans for their loyalty. Pretty trashy that I would've been better off creating brand new accounts.

I haven't paused a single month from the start till this one. I admit some of that is laziness but still. This bundle is garbage. Would have kept it if Chaosbane was the Slayer Edition. 

I hate when there’s 1 game you kind of want but the rest are meh ... almost worse than a universally bad month because you’re tempted. Luckily this month was mostly awful.

So wait, I had a membership at $12 a month that runs out this month.

All of the people who paid $8 a month or $6 a month have been getting every game like I do with my $12 sub.

I don't get any credit offers whenever I pause, I don't get any bonuses or rewards for being subbed for 2 years, and I'm locked into renewing my sub at $12 instead of $6.

IGN has no concept of rewarding veterans for their loyalty. Pretty trashy that I would've been better off creating brand new accounts.
One reason I skipped the $6/mo promo -- other than the fact it does not let you pause -- is that I think it might convert the grandfathered 'Classic' plans into the new plans so that when the six months run out, you are required to pay the new price of $18 or whatever it is now. Could be wrong, though. Of course there is also the issue that Fanatical has been offering better price-per-value in its bundles than IGN/Humble has in the last several months.

One reason I skipped the $6/mo promo -- other than the fact it does not let you pause -- is that I think it might convert the grandfathered 'Classic' plans into the new plans so that when the six months run out, you are required to pay the new price of $18 or whatever it is now. Could be wrong, though. Of course there is also the issue that Fanatical has been offering better price-per-value in its bundles than IGN/Humble has in the last several months.
Had I been paying attention, I would have gotten the $6 per month promo on a brand new account, while perpetually pausing my grandfathered Classic plan.

Then once the 6 months run out, just abandon the $6 per month promo account and go back to my grandfathered Classic plan I had been pausing, if no better offer comes along.

It's very unlikely that there will be any month at all, let alone in the next 6 months, where the trash that fills out the second half of the bundle would be worth the extra $6, so I wouldn't be worried about perpetually pausing my grandfathered account as long as possible.

Paused my main account. Created a new account. Problem avoided. MONEY SAVED!!! NO RISK!!!!! I, and I alone, came up with this plan with MY YUGE A-BRAIN!!! No one knows deals better than I do!!!!!

Paused my main account. Created a new account. Problem avoided. MONEY SAVED!!! NO RISK!!!!! I, and I alone, came up with this plan with MY YUGE A-BRAIN!!! No one knows deals better than I do!!!!!
That's definitely the way to do it. I wasn't even really paying attention when they were offering the $6 stuff so stuck with my classic plan that may end up in perpetual pause anyway if they keep throwing this level of crap up.

That's great and all.. until you forget to pause for a month and end up with a month you don't want

Eh, too much work to both pause my main account every month AND keep up with a secondary account. Humble doesn't deserve THAT much mental attention, along with all the regular bundles that come out.

Eh, Total Tank Simulator and Chaosbane are worth it. Ancestors might be fun to try for an hour or two, same with Pathologic2 and PC Build Simulator.

That's great and all.. until you forget to pause for a month and end up with a month you don't want
Eh, too much work to both pause my main account every month AND keep up with a secondary account. Humble doesn't deserve THAT much mental attention, along with all the regular bundles that come out.
I have the very best memory. Very best. I aced the memory test remember? Person, woman, man, camera, TV. See? I STILL REMEMBER! People are amazed at my memory! Person, woman, man, camera, TV ... see! Still got it! BidenCat probably doesn't even remember where the WhiteCatCondo is. Very low IQ individual!

I went for it with my classic account, read through the small print and it looked like it's just a coupon that gets applied to your normal plan each month. Pausing/cancelling stops the coupon train but then it should go back to normal. I'll update here in 6 months or if I bail earlier.

Ancestors is the only game I'm interested in, and not interested enough to play $12 for it.

Don't think I ever got the $6 offer, and not sure I would have taken it given how often I pause.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

I guess Humble finally wised up and made the coupon you get from threatening to pause only valid for that particular month. Got one for $4 off but it expires on February 5th. Previously it would last for 2-3 months.

I guess Humble finally wised up and made the coupon you get from threatening to pause only valid for that particular month. Got one for $4 off but it expires on February 5th. Previously it would last for 2-3 months.
That’s the day the next bundle drops. Curious whether it’ll apply for that bundle if you “buy” it that same day, or if it’ll expire with the current bundle.

That’s the day the next bundle drops. Curious whether it’ll apply for that bundle if you “buy” it that same day, or if it’ll expire with the current bundle.
The Six for Six offer expired the minute (i.e. Jan 1st at 10am PST) the January reveals took place so I assume this is the same.

Paused the monthly... they actually offered me another $4 coupon after I just used one a month ago.  They must be getting desperate.

Paused the monthly... they actually offered me another $4 coupon after I just used one a month ago. They must be getting desperate.
I paused the monthly and they offered me a go at MysterD's mom. I said I already get that for free, so they offered me $4 and I took it.

3qWQ.gif

bread's done
Back