Humble Bundle Thread

Apparently, Humble ran out of Steam keys for the Chroma Squad game in the Humble Plug In (and Play!) Digital Bundle.

I guess this is where they plug us.  :booty:

Was looking at the $1 tier and thought NeuroVoider looked cool. Then I realized I've had it on Steam for about two years...
I did the same thing with Anarcute but then realized I had it both from Twitch Prime and the itch.io bundle.

Also worth noting:

• Anarcute was in the Itch.Io Racial Justice Bundle.
  • Sundered was also free on Epic before.
It was? There were so many games in there, I didn't notice. I had gotten my copy in a Groupees bundle and it was a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

That Racial Justice bundle was hard to handle for sure. I have played quite a few, but even then I don't have any idea of some really good ones are in there I'm missing. I'm likely to play Wide Ocean Big Jacket next, but yeah it's a nightmare to figure out what's in that bundle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjjaGpjwsA

Control, XCOM: Chimera Squad, ELEX and Wildfire (Humble published) in the March Choice bundle next week.

EDIT: Full list:

Control

XCOM: Chimera Squad

ELEX

Kingdom Two Crowns

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Hotshot Racing

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind

Cyber Hook

Pesterquest

Wildfire

Boreal Blade

Ageless

Last edited by a moderator:

Control, XCOM: Chimera Squad, ELEX and Wildfire (Humble published) in the March Choice bundle next week.

Control

ELEX

Kingdom Two Crowns

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Hotshot Racing

Cyber Hook

Pesterquest

Wildfire

Boreal Blade

Ageless
meh

Actually seems like a pretty good list to me.  Here is to hoping Control activates as the ultimate edition on steam since there isn't a listing for just the base game as far as I can tell.  Elex and Peaky Blinders are both wants plus Wildfire doesn't look half bad.  Makes me wish I didn't buy Chimera Squad for $10 on release and still haven't touched it (or Xcom2 for that matter).  For $6 this humble choice is definitely a win in my book.

Control - Awesome. Own that on Epic Store. Wouldn't mind putting that gem on Steam, if it is a Steam key.

ELEX - Already bought it (for Steam). Barely played, but liked the few hours I did play. Need to give it more time.

XCOM: CS - Really good. Bought it when it first came out b/c it was so cheap.

Peaky - Backlogged. Own that from some Fanatical bundle. Ain't touched it.

Great bundle, if you don't own any of the first 3 things I just mentioned.

Can't speak on #4 for Peaky: MM.

The other stuff - don't own.

I guess I'll probably end up w/ this for WWE Battlegrounds and some of the other Indies. [shrug]

Tales of Love & Adventure Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/tales-love-adventure

Note - All STEAM Keys.

$1 Tier:

• Tales of Monkey Island: Complete Pack

BTA Tier:

• Batman: The Telltale Series - Shadows Edition
    (includes Telltale Batman Season 1 & 2; and each Season's Shadows DLC's)
  • NeoCab
  • Half-Past Fate
  • Reventure

$12 Tier:

• Blacksad: Under the Skin
  • HiveSwap: Act 2

$15 Tier:

• Indivisible

Control
ELEX
Kingdom Two Crowns
WWE 2K Battlegrounds
Hotshot Racing
Cyber Hook
Pesterquest
Wildfire
Boreal Blade
Ageless
I thought this was the new weekly at first and I still wasn’t interested.

Monthly bundle looks somewhat meh to me. Control is being whored all over the place being free on PS+ and all. Also not being a complete edition is cheap arse Humble at its worst. Most of the rest is on my maybe list with some actually being on my wishlist (XCOM and Wildfire). Some I would never buy, but are interesting (WWE game, ELEX, Peaky Blinders), with some bad looking ones (Boreal Blade and Ageless). So it's a buy, though not a fun high buy. The new bundle though looks pretty solid. I was going to buy Half Past Fate on the Switch, so this is nice. I'm going the high tier as I want Blacksad and Hiveswap 2. Solid bundle IMHO.

Edit: I meant $12 tier. I didn't even see the high tier and that's not a game I want since I got it from a monthly.

If you look on the bundles page and hover over the new bundle it says Paradise Killer is one of the games.  I wonder if it got pulled at the last minute or someone just typed in the wrong game.   

I would like the weekly bundle a whole lot more if I didn't already have half of it, but I've been interested in Blacksad so I may talk myself into it anyway.

The new monthly seems solid for $6, but I also wish I hadn't bought Chimera Squad with its launch discount.  Oh well.

Didn't get the $6 deal, and I already have Control on PS+ and haven't played it at all, so passing this month.

In other news, I finally installed an SSD (SATA, my motherboard so old, it don't even have an M.2 PCIe slot) in my gaming rig and don't know what the fuck is wrong with me that I didn't do this earlier. Night and day. Boots instantaneously instead of in twenty minutes. When I launch into IntelliJ in the morning, it loads up before it's noon.

Okay actually the process took like twelve hours because I didn't clone my drive correctly the first two times, and I had an old Linux dual boot on my system so I first had to wanted to get rid of that and repair UEFI etc etc etc. So yeah, I understand why I didn't go through all that earlier.

That and I only ever used to use this computer for gaming, so I never really used to care about loading stuff being speedy (I can wait for games to open). 

Also I borrowed two mounting screws from my PS4 to get this done, so leaving myself a reminder here to go buy some screws in another four years.

Elex is great, just need to give it some time and basically cheat at the beginning to balance the insanely frustrating and difficult start. Probably one of my favorite non-AAA studio games of the last generation. If you stick with it, it’s a really great game and it appears the studio is getting ready to release a sequel sometime in the next year or two.

If anything is consistent about Piranha Bytes with their RPG's - well, other than Gothic 3 out-the-box, being a buggy mess - even though I still do like that game and it's in a much better state now - they're usually good at the very least. 

I really should play some more of ELEX.

Okay actually the process took like twelve hours because I didn't clone my drive correctly the first two times, and I had an old Linux dual boot on my system so I first had to get rid of that and repair UEFI etc etc etc. So yeah, I understand why I didn't go through all that earlier.

You can clone dual boot though. I usually use GParted/Clonezilla.

You can clone dual boot though. I usually use GParted/Clonezilla.
Fair point. I just wanted to get rid of Linux anyway, haven't used it in quite a while. And with the SSD being half the size of my HDD, something had to go, and that seemed the right place to start.

Fair enough. I usually put my home directories on HDD so the Linux partition is usually like 2x RAM (1x for swap).

I took Linux off my 1TB SSD also, but I forgot what I did. I want to say Windows 10 overwrote the boot sector itself.

Control

ELEX

Kingdom Two Crowns

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Hotshot Racing

Cyber Hook

Pesterquest

Wildfire

Boreal Blade

Ageless
If it's the ultimate edition of Control, great. If not, not sure I'll go for it. I'm mildly interested in Elex and Kingdom Two Crowns, but it would annoy the living shit out of me if it was just the base game of Control when they only sell the complete pack. I still have nightmares about that goddamn Tomb Raider that was just the base game from Humble despite not having a store listing.

Fair enough. I usually put my home directories on HDD so the Linux partition is usually like 2x RAM (1x for swap).

I took Linux off my 1TB SSD also, but I forgot what I did. I want to say Windows 10 overwrote the boot sector itself.
I was told vociferously to just give up on dual booting entirely because Windows would just overwrite it. I never actually had any problems, but I haven't booted into Linux since forever ... well, really since I found that Windows subsystem for Linux was suiting my development needs. Although lately my toolchain has changed a lot and I've been developing just in Windows itself a lot more. Just the Windows desktop and my MacBook have been suiting me.

Sweet. I've been lookin' for the Linux thread!

So, umm....what's the best flavor of Linux for PC Gaming and WiFi/Internet connection in the modern era?

And what's the most basic & lean Linux for just straight-up Internet access w/ an old PC (with WiFi or hard-wire connection) and fast OS boot-times even on old-mechanical HDD's?

6K88GYd.png

+ this SteamDB listing seems to indicate this will be the base game. Can only assume they'll add an option to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition next week.

Lame month. Control not even being the Ultimate Edition means that Chimera Squad and Elex are the only games I care about.

Control

ELEX

Kingdom Two Crowns

WWE 2K Battlegrounds

Hotshot Racing

Cyber Hook

Pesterquest

Wildfire

Boreal Blade

Ageless
All those games for $6? MEH!

SAID NO SANE PERSON EVER!

Rather than buying more games that I didn't need, I finally downloaded a bunch of those comics from the comics bundles that I've been buying on Humble for the past couple of years. It also gave me a reason to break out an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that I own.

And it's amazing how much money a person can waste on comic bundles while trying not to miss a good deal, but the Archie, Dynamite Comics, Hasbro, IDW, and Image stuff was worth reading on a snow day. I'm still hoping DC or Marvel will do a bundle someday. :pray:
Considering they have their own services, you can pretty much count on them never doing a bundle unless there's some sort of Cinematic Universe tie-in.

6K88GYd.png

+ this SteamDB listing seems to indicate this will be the base game. Can only assume they'll add an option to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition next week.
Yep, and just a couple of hours ago they added the DLC AppIDs for Awe and The Foundation.

That's pretty shitty to make changes like that and not be forthcoming about it. I know it doesn't claim that it's the ultimate edition, but seeing as how that's the only version offered on Steam at the time of advertisement... what would anyone expect?

So Control Ultimate is only $10 more than just the base game. If you have the base game and want to buy the dlc its an additional $25 (based off the humble store). On sale the ultimate edition has been around $17. If this is just the base game its an awful deal if you want to play the dlc unless they go on sale for 75% off, which as far as I can tell they haven't really been on sale individually.

Sweet. I've been lookin' for the Linux thread!

So, umm....what's the best flavor of Linux for PC Gaming and WiFi/Internet connection in the modern era?

And what's the most basic & lean Linux for just straight-up Internet access w/ an old PC (with WiFi or hard-wire connection) and fast OS boot-times even on old-mechanical HDD's?
There are a bunch of distros built specifically for gaming (kernel built for lower latency, proprietary GPU drivers and support for Windows applications built-in etc), but I've never tried them.

I'd start by looking at Lubuntu or Xubuntu for the older machine, unless it's a 32-bit machine?

https://twitter.com/humblesupport/status/1364327606846382085?s=19

Only version of Control on Steam is the ultimate edition so that should be the version we get presumably.

There are a bunch of distros built specifically for gaming (kernel built for lower latency, proprietary GPU drivers and support for Windows applications built-in etc), but I've never tried them.

I'd start by looking at Lubuntu or Xubuntu for the older machine, unless it's a 32-bit machine?
64-bit PC's.

Thanks, I'll have to look into these all! Much appreciated.

I actually use Xubuntu no matter the machine. I just like the general lightweight-ness and Xfce.

If it's too plain, add some Conky panels.

bread's done
Back