Humble Bundle Thread

Play Pink, huh? Thought it was charity for tebow's mom at first, but then I remembered that her downtown is brown town. There might've been some pink in that burger at some point, but it's well done now!

/waltersobchak

I think Magic the Gathering is still my favorite 2 player card game, but only play every now and then on Magic the Gathering Arena. It's expensive as well. I'm not loving this new set either. Seems very favored towards some of the colors.
Eh, Arena's only expensive if you're bad at Magic or overly serious about being competitive.

I think Magic the Gathering is still my favorite 2 player card game, but only play every now and then on Magic the Gathering Arena. It's expensive as well. I'm not loving this new set either. Seems very favored towards some of the colors.
Cribbage is where it's at, bruh.

Eh, Arena's only expensive if you're bad at Magic or overly serious about being competitive.
I'm more of an old school guy so I do best of 3 most of the time. I only do drafting now so some drafts are really good and some are really bad. This new Innistrad set Midnight Hunt is pretty average. Not as bad as the Dungeons and Dragons set, but very tilted towards some colors. I don't go crazy so I'm usually at the 55% win rate or so.

Play Pink, huh? Thought it was charity for tebow's mom at first, but then I remembered that her downtown is brown town. There might've been some pink in that burger at some point, but it's well done now!

/waltersobchak
walter-john-goodman.gif

I got one of those $6 a month for three months offers too, main thing holding me back is I don't trust them not to fuck up my $12 a month classic plan if I take them up on it, otherwise I'd probably go for it.

I got one of those $6 a month for three months offers too, main thing holding me back is I don't trust them not to fuck up my $12 a month classic plan if I take them up on it, otherwise I'd probably go for it.
I got that offer on my alt so I went for it and paused my classic sub on my main. I pay about $8.25 monthly (I bought a $99 yearly plan a while ago) and I don't think the current bundle is worth $8, but it's barely worth $6

I've done it a few times with the classic plan, it works no problem. It just applies a coupon to your current bill. After x months the coupon stops getting applied.

I've done it a few times with the classic plan, it works no problem. It just applies a coupon to your current bill. After x months the coupon stops getting applied.
Thanks for the heads up, might go for it then. Just was concerned it was a trap to knock me off classic.

I don't so no. But then I'm very cheap. A choice between the game by itself for a $1 or the game plus some DLC for 9 times that or the game plus all the DLC for fifteen times that is a no brainer for me.
I like the way you think, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a cheap ass either.

Do I get to play as a bear and maul things?
No, but you can piss off a bear and get it to charge you and then you can try to kill it before it kills you.

To be honest, most of the predators aren't that aggressive and would rather run than attack you. Not a predator but Cape Buffalo will charge like crazy.

Wolves, particularly the Grey Wolves of the Yukon map, will try to fuck you up by encircling you and attacking as a pack. This is actually one of the best things in the game.

Would everyone here recommend the dlc plus the game?
Yes, without a doubt.

Rancho, great map if you like to kill small game, also the best map for Whitetail Deer.

Bloundhound, makes tracking wounded animals easier which is pretty useful as a new player. (The dog can be annoying.)

Te Awaroa, worst map in the game but you are getting it for free.

Silver Ridge Peaks, maybe the best map in the game. Good map for new players due to slight lines. It easy to find animals.

Smoking Barrels, M1A, one of the most versatile rifles in the game.

Cuatro, solid map, lots of unique species.

Trophy Lodges, you need someplace to show off your kills.

High Tech, eh, not much use if you ask me.

Weapon Pack 3, Not bad. Farming geese with the .22 pistol is a great way to unlock in game pistol equipment.

Yukon, Grey Wolves! It can be fun to not be the hunter.

Treestands, hard to use, tripod, extremely useful and easier to use.

Weapon Pack 2, some interesting stuff nothing that feels required.

Parque Fernando, another nice map.

Duck and Cover, eh duck hunting in game is sort of rough.

Savanna, Lions, Cape Buffalo, nuff said!

Wild Goose Chase, excellent addition.

Weapon Pack, not bad.

ATVs, useful for exploring.

Tents, yes, these are fast travel zones and the ability to change time of day.

Medved, another solid map... but it could use more animsl types.

Tldr, yes, it would cost more to buy the good stuff later on in sales than to just get it all at once for 15 bucks here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't play as a bear, remember. Unless the bear is crying because it's a game about murdering wildlife, in which case I appreciate your post. In terms of stress relievers, a game about murdering things that look more like the people we hate in society seems more therapeutic.

You can't play as a bear, remember. Unless the bear is crying because it's a game about murdering wildlife, in which case I appreciate your post. In terms of stress relievers, a game about murdering things that look more like the people we hate in society seems more therapeutic.
It's a shame Naughty Bear is a console-exclusive series. The only other game I can think of where you play as a violent bear is Tekken (as a bonus you can also play as a grizzly or a panda).

I'm surprised that someone hasn't made a bear simulator yet.  There's already goat sim and there was that short lived little girl goat sim. 

I'm surprised that someone hasn't made a bear simulator yet. There's already goat sim and there was that short lived little girl goat sim.
There actually IS a Bear Simulator on Steam. There's a whole story about how the dev Kickstarted Bear Sim to the tune of $100k+ but then the game didn't live up to what he promised. People complained and Pewdiepie ragged on it in a video and the dev said he felt so attacked that he was taking his ball and going home, retiring from video games forever (I hope he went off to live with Phil Fish). The game is abandoned with a bunch of stuff left unfinished or broken.

From what I gathered, part of the criticism was "We wanted Goat Sim wackiness but with bears" and this game has silly hats and stuff but otherwise is more straight. But there's also legitimate criticism that the dev didn't deliver on his $100k Kickstarter promises about the game's scope and rewards, etc.

There actually IS a Bear Simulator on Steam. There's a whole story about how the dev Kickstarted Bear Sim to the tune of $100k+ but then the game didn't live up to what he promised. People complained and Pewdiepie ragged on it in a video and the dev said he felt so attacked that he was taking his ball and going home, retiring from video games forever (I hope he went off to live with Phil Fish). The game is abandoned with a bunch of stuff left unfinished or broken.

From what I gathered, part of the criticism was "We wanted Goat Sim wackiness but with bears" and this game has silly hats and stuff but otherwise is more straight. But there's also legitimate criticism that the dev didn't deliver on his $100k Kickstarter promises about the game's scope and rewards, etc.
So what you're saying is it met a grizzly end because it did not panda to the right crowd? Sounds like pooh to me.

Also, I only know about the game because I also thought "Weird that there's no bear simulators" and that was the hit on Steam and the top review gets into the drama.  At least it had a semi-interesting bit of game dev drama.

Also, I only know about the game because I also thought "Weird that there's no bear simulators" and that was the hit on Steam and the top review gets into the drama. At least it had a semi-interesting bit of game dev drama.
Yeah, seems pretty grizzly...

This bear simulator game looks like it runs like shit in the woods. Pawly optimized and struggles to bearly run at 30 frames paw second.

Fighting Juggernauts Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fighting-juggernauts-bundle

Note:

- All keys for Steam...

- Yes, even Killer Instinct 2013 here also is for Steam.

Tier 1 = $1

One Finger Death Punch 2

Tier 2 = BTA

Mortal Kombat XL

Slap City

Tier 3 = $12

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition

Killer Instinct (2013) [Steam-version]

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (base)

Soul Caliber VI (base)

70% off Coupon for Soul Caliber VI: Season Pass 1

60% off Coupon for Soul Caliber VI: Season Pass 2

It's kind of awful.
This bundle could be great, provided gamers don't own some of these - MK XL and Injustice 2: LE are awesome.

Chances are: many do already own these; especially fighting game fans.

This could've been a solid buy for me, if the actual Season Passes for Soul Caliber were here...instead of coupons.

I would've loved to have seen all the Tekken 7 Season Passes in this - but nope, that's missing; and that game ain't even in here.

As someone who isn't into fighting games at all, this seems like a pretty decent deal to me. The $12 tier, at least.
The problem is that SC6 has been monthlied (in one of the last really good months), Power Rangers base game has very little content, and hasn't Injustice 2 base game been free at some point?

Killer Instinct only goes as low as $10 alone and is not sold outside Steam, so that already makes the bundle worth it. Essentially, IJ2 Legendary and KI are $4 each, with Power Rangers and the SC + coupons being $2 each. Everything else is just a bonus.

I regret buying a key for Injustice 2 Legendary now, but I imagine the resale value on it will eventually go back up.

My only complaints are Power Rangers should have included some DLC, and SCVI should have been the Deluxe Edition or the coupons should have been better.

Easily one of the better bundles Humble has put out lately.

The problem is that SC6 has been monthlied (in one of the last really good months), Power Rangers base game has very little content, and hasn't Injustice 2 base game been free at some point?
The first Injustice has certainly been free before, can't find anything on the sequel. The Legendary Edition has been as low as ~$10 from what I can tell.

bread's done
Back