Humble Bundle Thread

I have a year sub with only 1 month left and paused at the beginning of this week. I then got the $6/3 mo coupon to that account. Decided it was worth it to try to unpause, but can't tell if there's a way to see that it actually applied the coupon for future months. I assume there's no way to apply it for the current month. Oh well, if I want next month for $6 I'll hit up CS and see if they can make it happen.

I have a second account that gets these offers regularly, but don't think I'd previously gotten the offer on the account that still had time left on a sub even though I pause almost every month.

The mapmaking bundle is back, only this time it’s even more expensive.

4-AA5-AF30-8-A0-C-466-F-A681-8-C252130-CEFF.gif

So according to Steamgifts it looks like Humble has been revealing some of the December games on Twitch.  The games they've shown so far are:

Due Process

Project Wingman

House Flipper

BPM (Bullets Per Minute)

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Wingspan

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

Timelie

Simplerockets 2

Mobius Front '83

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble underwhelms again. And only 10 games. 

Last edited:
Wingspan I want (board game is good) and Turnip Boy (wouldn't pay much for a shorter game), so looks OK so far if that's true.
Those are the only two games that I own and would want to trade. If you aren't buying the bundle and want to trade let me know...

I like this bundle although I own two games. 5 games on my wish list and the other three look good!

Pretty sad they lead with a 1st person multi-player shooter I'd never play. I'm only really interested in Wingspan and Timelie, so a pass.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

I think it might be time to simply cancel my Humble subscription. I'm tired of having to pause it every month.

Edit: I didn't even see etcrane's post above. We had the exact same thought

Looks great for $6 to me. Looked even better at first glance when I thought one of the games was "Trump Boy Commits Tax Evasion"

Still looks great though.

Huh, I want like 8 of the 10 games, so I guess this one is for me.  But I love indie stuff and have a classic plan, so guess that's fine for me!

And I got the $4 off coupon, so $8 for 8 games.  Nice.

My annual sub from last Black Friday is finally up, so I paused for the first time in ages.

Good time too, this is easily one of the worst bundles they've offered yet. Worth $6, tops.

Interested in BPM.

Wingspan I want (board game is good) and Turnip Boy (wouldn't pay much for a shorter game), so looks OK so far if that's true.
Good board games don't always translate well when adapted to videogames, glad to see the reviews on Steam are so good.

Also glad to hear Turnip Boy is short, maybe I'll actually give it a shot.

I'm convinced that this is actually a 12-game bundle, but for some inexplicable reason the two true headliners are banned in the US and therefore aren't being shown for me. That's the only explanation for this.

I'm convinced that this is actually a 12-game bundle, but for some inexplicable reason the two true headliners are banned in the US and therefore aren't being shown for me. That's the only explanation for this.
I went to see if they have a history of perhaps short changing November bundles due to forthcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, but...

November 2020
- Crying Suns
- Darksburg
- Darksiders III
- Darkwood Deluxe Edition
- Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
- Little Misfortune
- Rover Mechanic Simulator
- Smile For Me
- Townsmen - A Kingdom Rebuild
- Tsioque
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Youropa

November 2019 (Perhaps still one of the best bundles ever)

- 11-11 Memories Retold
- Call of Duty: WWII

- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Evergarden

- Shenmue I&2

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy

- Synthetik

November 2018

- 7 Days to Die

- Dead Island Definitive Edition

- Hard Reset Redux

- HITMAN: The Complete First Season

- Hollow Knight

- Resident Evil Revelations

- Sniper Elite

- Sniper Elite V2

- The Dwarves

November 2017

- Dead Rising 2

- Emily is Away Too

- Quake Champions

- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

- Silence

- ESO: Tamriel Unlimited

- World to the West

November 2016 (Arguable the weakest)

- Beyond Eyes

- Broforce

- Kathy Rain

- Pirate Pop Plus

- Rebel Galaxy

- Stardew Valley

- Styx: Master of Shadows

November 2015

- Besiege

- Legend of Grimrock 2

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition

- TowerFall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

2016 getting what appears to be no major AAA game is similar to now, but having the indie darling and massively popular Stardew Valley, which came out in February 2016, was a big get.

The 2021 Choice Bundle, regardless on my feelings of it being worth it, is likely the worst in six years of "November Bundles." House Flipper, while popular to an extent, is no where near the same as Stardew Valley, even, thus if you're strictly a AAA type gamer, this is a valid criticism.

But history does support that perhaps the less games in the bundle the better quality they may be...?

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this, as I'm not well versed in how Humble does things:

I'd checked out the Humble Monthly offerings on mobile and saw that it was showing $12 for the month. Thought that was decent, especially if I could get one of those $4-6 off coupons to pop up if I tried to pause. Hopped on my PC proper to check, and it's showing that I'd be charged the normal $19.99 for this billing cycle. Tried pausing and "accepted" a $4-off coupon, just to be sure, and it's only showing $15.99 now.

Is the $12 price only showing for "new"/non-logged in people, or is this months set supposed to be $12 considering it's only 10 games?

thx.

Is the $12 price only showing for "new"/non-logged in people, or is this months set supposed to be $12 considering it's only 10 games?

thx.
Some of us have a cheaper price because we're on "Classic Plans," which means we've been suckers of Humble since prior to the Choice introduction.

Looks great for $6 to me. Looked even better at first glance when I thought one of the games was "Trump Boy Commits Tax Evasion"

Still looks great though.
I've been wanting to play Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. It looks fun. Also, I was going to make that joke, so now I'm suing you.

I almost bought Wrath, which I believe is still EA, so this bundle barely gets my approval. I wont play the co-op/multiplayer ones though.

So according to Steamgifts it looks like Humble has been revealing some of the December games on Twitch. The games they've shown so far are:

Due Process

Project Wingman

House Flipper

BPM (Bullets Per Minute)

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Wingspan

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

Timelie

Simplerockets 2

Mobius Front '83
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Ngk2GxtbQ

Re: indie games.  There's good indie games -- which Humble used to consistently feature -- and then there's the stuff you can find in Fanatical for a third of the price in one of their bundles.  And the comparison to Fanatical is being generous because Humble is starting to approach Indie Gala/Poopees level.

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this, as I'm not well versed in how Humble does things:

I'd checked out the Humble Monthly offerings on mobile and saw that it was showing $12 for the month. Thought that was decent, especially if I could get one of those $4-6 off coupons to pop up if I tried to pause. Hopped on my PC proper to check, and it's showing that I'd be charged the normal $19.99 for this billing cycle. Tried pausing and "accepted" a $4-off coupon, just to be sure, and it's only showing $15.99 now.

thx.
Well, the $12 a month usually refers to those of us on the Classic plan (people who were actively subscribed when Humble switched from their old system to their new system, and were essentially grandfathered into a special plan where we get 10 or more games a month for $12). Otherwise it's Lite, Basic and Premium plans for $4.99, $14.99 and $19.99 a month respectively.

Sometimes they'll do promos where you can get the Premium plan for $12 and get all the games available for the month. I THINK it's only good for that month (unless the promo covers multiple months, which they've done before). If you did this promo previously it might not allow you to get this next month for the $12. It might only apply to new members or members with non-active subscriptions.

I can't say for sure since I've been on the Classic plan since they switched over. Maybe someone else in the thread can verify this for you?

Re: indie games. There's good indie games -- which Humble used to consistently feature -- and then there's the stuff you can find in Fanatical for a third of the price in one of their bundles. And the comparison to Fanatical is being generous because Humble is starting to approach Indie Gala/Poopees level.
If you are in it for the price of bundles, sure fanatical is cheaper if you are willing to be patient and wait to pay less for a game that has been bundled three times prior. If you are in it for quality of games, humble is the cream of the crop.....still, even with their quality going down. I am not even sure how this point is even debatable. Did we already forget the fanatical bundle fest week from a few weeks ago where literally 90% of the games in each bundle were bundled multiple times?

I could even argue that humble is cheaper than fanatical, but one would need to be willing to buy and sell humble bundle games as well. On many occasions I can buy a full bundle, sell half of the games, keep the other half for free.

Well, the $12 a month usually refers to those of us on the Classic plan (people who were actively subscribed when Humble switched from their old system to their new system, and were essentially grandfathered into a special plan where we get 10 or more games a month for $12). Otherwise it's Lite, Basic and Premium plans for $4.99, $14.99 and $19.99 a month respectively.

Sometimes they'll do promos where you can get the Premium plan for $12 and get all the games available for the month. I THINK it's only good for that month (unless the promo covers multiple months, which they've done before). If you did this promo previously it might not allow you to get this next month for the $12. It might only apply to new members or members with non-active subscriptions.

I can't say for sure since I've been on the Classic plan since they switched over. Maybe someone else in the thread can verify this for you?
Yeah, I took advantage of a 3-months Premium for $8/month promo back in May, and I've been paused since it ran out. Checking in an incognito tab right now (not logged in obv), it appears that there's a 40% off promo for the Premium sub @ $12 a month for 12 months.

I'm curious if flat-out cancelling my subscription (instead of pausing) will show that price instead of the normal $20 for Premium.

Is there even any reason to "keep" subscribing if I'm just gonna pause for a 4th month in a row?

*edit*

To clarify, I'm just wondering if cancelling vs pausing has any other side-effects since I'm already defaulted to the normal $20 pricing for Premium, and therefore won't be losing out on a promotional discount.

Thx.

Is there even any reason to "keep" subscribing if I'm just gonna pause for a 4th month in a row?
If you're on the Premium plan and not on a special promo anymore (i.e. you're back to paying $19.99 a month), then yeah I don't see a reason to pause instead of unsubscribing. If you unsubscribe and resubscribe later on the worst case scenario is you're back to paying $19.99 a month. Those of us on the Classic plan keep pausing cause if we ever cancel it we'll never get it back.

Like I said, though, I'm not sure if you can unsubscribe and then re-subscribe with the new promo. Hopefully someone who knows more can chime in.

If you are in it for the price of bundles, sure fanatical is cheaper if you are willing to be patient and wait to pay less for a game that has been bundled three times prior. If you are in it for quality of games, humble is the cream of the crop.....still, even with their quality going down. I am not even sure how this point is even debatable. Did we already forget the fanatical bundle fest week from a few weeks ago where literally 90% of the games in each bundle were bundled multiple times?

I could even argue that humble is cheaper than fanatical, but one would need to be willing to buy and sell humble bundle games as well. On many occasions I can buy a full bundle, sell half of the games, keep the other half for free.
I'd still disagree. Haven't seen a Humble Choice I've been remotely interested in for several months now. Last one I bought was in May -- and looking at the games in it I think that might have been because I forgot to pause the sub. Either that or I got a coupon and thought $6 was good for Metro Exodus despite the other garbage. The quality has nosedived.

All I can say is that for the past four or five years, I've been buying way more Fanatical bundles than Hambles. Doesn't particularly matter to me if a game has been bundled before if it's never been in a good bundle.

Literally 9 of 10 games I have ignored on steam already from doing discovery queues and the third month in a row that the majority of the offered games are on my steam ignore list.  I guess these might be worth $6 total but I'm just going to attempt to offload most.

I'd still disagree. Haven't seen a Humble Choice I've been remotely interested in for several months now. Last one I bought was in May -- and looking at the games in it I think that might have been because I forgot to pause the sub. Either that or I got a coupon and thought $6 was good for Metro Exodus despite the other garbage. The quality has nosedived.
The best indicator at the end is what the market dictates. The resale markets for bundled games (Reddit/CD Keys/Etc) almost exclusively have humble bundled games. You can even take a look at the steam trade thread on this site. The majority of games people are looking to acquire are humble games. When one tries to sell humble games you often make a profit, the same can’t be said with fanatical games.

Also I am not debating if Humbles game bundles have declined in value. It clearly has, significantly actually. But even with that said, it is still far superior to any other site that bundles games and looking at the market shows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if Gamepass is eating Humble from both ends?  They are pushing for subscription based services, which means less reason to buy bundles, and at a similar monthly price as Humble.  And as it gains more popularity, games will want to be on Gamepass and not in bundles (or may not appear in bundles until they leave Gamepass?).

I don't like game subscriptions, it's why I love bundle sites.  Luckily my backlog is gigantic, thus if push comes to shove, I'll be playing that until I croak.

House Flipper is a pretty decent game. I bought it earlier this year.

I just started getting into renovating my own home, so it appealed to me more than it might appeal to others. It's kinda interesting in that regard, if you're a person who knows absolutely nothing about home improvement but want to be introduced to the very basics in a very simplified, gamified simulation. Or maybe you want to use it to experiment with interior design and that kind of thing. It's very far out of my normal wheelhouse, so I found it pretty interesting.

Wonder if Gamepass is eating Humble from both ends? They are pushing for subscription based services, which means less reason to buy bundles, and at a similar monthly price as Humble. And as it gains more popularity, games will want to be on Gamepass and not in bundles (or may not appear in bundles until they leave Gamepass?).

I don't like game subscriptions, it's why I love bundle sites. Luckily my backlog is gigantic, thus if push comes to shove, I'll be playing that until I croak.
I don't like game subscriptions either. If you like niche titles and older games chances are, they'll be delisted. It's nice to be able to revisit old favorites and tackle the backlog. I worry that there will be fewer and smaller discounts as subscriptions increase.

Last edited:
Wonder if Gamepass is eating Humble from both ends? They are pushing for subscription based services, which means less reason to buy bundles, and at a similar monthly price as Humble. And as it gains more popularity, games will want to be on Gamepass and not in bundles (or may not appear in bundles until they leave Gamepass?).

I don't like game subscriptions, it's why I love bundle sites. Luckily my backlog is gigantic, thus if push comes to shove, I'll be playing that until I croak.
Probably the better stuff's going to Game Pass, yeah.

And it also seems Amazon Prime's been getting the assortment of better games per month for their bundles too.

It seems like a lot of developers/publishers (both Indie and AAA) would rather tie their game to Game Pass for ~12 months and take a paycheck for it, as opposed to putting their game in a Choice bundle and devaluing Steam keys significantly for the future. And that's just one of the reasons why the offerings have been relatively weak for a while now. It certainly isn't due to a lack of effort. It's not like Humble doesn't want to include better games in their bundles. They just can't get/afford them.

It seems like a lot of developers/publishers (both Indie and AAA) would rather tie their game to Game Pass for ~12 months and take a paycheck for it, as opposed to putting their game in a Choice bundle and devaluing Steam keys significantly for the future. And that's just one of the reasons why the offerings have been relatively weak for a while now. It certainly isn't due to a lack of effort. It's not like Humble doesn't want to include better games in their bundles. They just can't get/afford them.
Gamepass kinda is all positive sides of Humble bundle without negative sides (tanking value on Steam, not being able to sell game later) and as bonus you may get millions rather than tens or hundreds of thousands

Gamepass kinda is all positive sides of Humble bundle without negative sides (tanking value on Steam, not being able to sell game later) and as bonus you may get millions rather than tens or hundreds of thousands
I want to get on board with gamepass too but my only gripe is that the games don't stay permanently on game pass.

Probably the better stuff's going to Game Pass, yeah.

And it also seems Amazon Prime's been getting the assortment of better games per month for their bundles too.
Prime has definitely gotten some really, really cool stuff, but I haven't kept track of it on a month-by-month basis because Prime Gaming is not a deciding factor for me on whether I keep by Amazon Prime membership. The games are truly free-free for me. Some months they'll have just a ton of ported arcade games or old point-and-click (not even remasters) that definitely wouldn't fly with people on Humble, but whatever it is I'm never complaining on Prime.

Between Prime, Epic, and just general giveaways, the one thing about Humble Bundles recently is that quite a lot the games I've been interested in from Humble Bundles have ended up free on one of those other platforms before I've ever gotten around to playing them.

Remember when everyone was pissed about Control standard edition being in the March 2021 bundle? Well, in the following months Control Standard has been free on Epic, and this month Amazon Prime gave away GOG keys for Control Ultimate.

Prime has definitely gotten some really, really cool stuff, but I haven't kept track of it on a month-by-month basis because Prime Gaming is not a deciding factor for me on whether I keep by Amazon Prime membership. The games are truly free-free for me. Some months they'll have just a ton of ported arcade games or old point-and-click (not even remasters) that definitely wouldn't fly with people on Humble, but whatever it is I'm never complaining on Prime.

Between Prime, Epic, and just general giveaways, the one thing about Humble Bundles recently is that quite a lot the games I've been interested in from Humble Bundles have ended up free on one of those other platforms before I've ever gotten around to playing them.

Remember when everyone was pissed about Control standard edition being in the March 2021 bundle? Well, in the following months Control Standard has been free on Epic, and this month Amazon Prime gave away GOG keys for Control Ultimate.
Thanks to all of the freebies, I rarely buy games anymore. I'm sure this is really hurting the selections being offered by Humble. Although I did buy the $1 tier for the Sonic bundle.

The majority of games people are looking to acquire are humble games. When one tries to sell humble games you often make a profit, the same can’t be said with fanatical games.
Counterpoint: Fanatical bundles tend to be cheap so, if I want a single game, the $4 average bundle cost isn't hard for me to swallow. I'm willing to throw down my four bucks and get the game I want and give away the extra keys or use them to backlog or card farm or lay upon them in a heap like a cyber dragon.

Humble Monthly bundles are potentially up to $20 if you're not grandfathered in or have some other promotion. The cheapest "Pick 3 games" price is $15. Even for $12, I'm more likely to seek an individual game on a secondary market than eat the rest of the cost.

I have to say for me personally this may be the best Humble Choice ever since there's actually 2 games in the bundle I want: BPM and Wingspan. Since they went from the Monthly to Choice I don't think they've had a single month where there's been more than 1 game I really wanted. Sadly the rest of the bundle doesn't interest me that much although I might check out Turnip Boy.

I still love Humble way above Fanatical, but Game Pass has really destroyed the value of these bundles. Also, even though I'm going to get this month's bundle, I could see BPM being in many future Fanatical Bundles and Wingspan being in many future Humble board game bundles.

I contacted CS about the $6 offer I got last month and they wouldn't give it to me for this month since my annual wasn't up yet last month. I went ahead and had them cancel my order for last month since there wasn't anything I was really excited for and I'll use the last month of my annual on this month's bundle instead. I do wonder if I should wait a few weeks to claim anything just in case my other account gets a good offer this month.

CS had me give them the info for my order so I had to dig around to see when my annual sub was made: March 2018. So I got that annual to last over 3.5 years. I did buy a few months on my other account when I got good offers though.

bread's done
Back