Humble Bundle Thread

I looked at that and it mentioned it couldn't do it with unredeemed things on Choice, I should've been more clear. My bad.
oh yeah, that would be a lot tougher since you don't own them yet. outside of going to your keys and seeing how many choices you have left in a bundle i'm not sure how you would do it.

edit:

speaking of which - if anyone wants any of the trash fine quality products that have been sitting in my keys for any number of years let me know.

<snip> see remaining list in post below

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, that would be a lot tougher since you don't own them yet. outside of going to your keys and seeing how many choices you have left in a bundle i'm not sure how you would do it.
I suppose I could click to redeem everything, then do it from there? The codes I clicked on and activated show in my keys, and when I click redeemed keys those disappear. Time to experiment I guess.

HUMBLE DEAD OF WINTER BUNDLE

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/dead-winter-bundle

$1+ TIER

Friday the 13th: The Game

BTA TIER

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

White Day VR: The Courage Test

The Painscreek Killings

Daymare 1998

$11+ TIER

Golden Light

Dead Estate

Dead Estate alone makes this bundle worth $11 since it's not only supposed to be a great game, but it's fairly new, hasn't been bundled yet and the lowest price to date has been $13.49.  I'll probably end up picking this up, myself.

HUMBLE DEAD OF WINTER BUNDLE

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/dead-winter-bundle

$1+ TIER

Friday the 13th: The Game

BTA TIER

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

White Day VR: The Courage Test

The Painscreek Killings

Daymare 1998

$11+ TIER

Golden Light

Dead Estate

Dead Estate alone makes this bundle worth $11 since it's not only supposed to be a great game, but it's fairly new, hasn't been bundled yet and the lowest price to date has been $13.49. I'll probably end up picking this up, myself.
Easy buy for me. The only game I own in it is White Day. The two $11 tier games look great, never been bundled and have excellent reviews.

Damn, my experiment didn't work. Was hoping clicking 'get game' in Choice would put it into the key queue, but also list it as 'unredeemed' if I hadn't already actually used the key in steam. No such luck; it puts the key in the queue, but also hides it when I hide redeemed keys. Meh.

If you haven't played Dead Cells it's such a fun platforming action rogue lite. The new DLC needs to be bought by me on PC and Switch. It's cheap and they keep refining their game with more good stuff.

Also for those who don't own any Dead Cells the complete pack is $19.59 with choice discount.

Also for those who don't own any Dead Cells the complete pack is $19.59 with choice discount.
I ended up getting the base game from GamersGate for $8.xx and the DLC from Humble for a little cheaper, but I'm pretty sure this is the best deal now that GG is OOS.

Played a couple years back on Game Pass and loved it, put ~40 hours into it. Then I went back to it a year later and all my stuff was gone because of course the GP version has no cloud saves. Starting back up now and I'm reminded of why it's such a great game.

Reposting the leftovers - it's a free for all!!!  Take this junk before it rots in my account forever!!!

Battle Islands Commanders - E3 Exclusive Crate
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Bravery Pack
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Fear Not Pack
HAWKEN – Prosk Starter Bundle
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Life Is Strange™ - Episode 1
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep

Reposting the leftovers - it's a free for all!!! Take this junk before it rots in my account forever!!!

Evergarden
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Kingdom: New Lands
Metrico+
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator
Riders of Icarus E3 Heroic Ranger's Fury Pack
Rock of Ages 2 – Classic Pack
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
Snake Pass
Splasher
The Corporate Machine
The Political Machine 2016
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Can I get Splasher please? 😁

Reposting the leftovers - it's a free for all!!! Take this junk before it rots in my account forever!!!

Evergarden
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Metrico+
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
Snake Pass
Splasher
The Corporate Machine
I'd be interested in Metrico+ and/or Purrfect Date

Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Outward - Soundtrack
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
The Corporate Machine
Rock of Ages 2 would be great, thanks!

Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Outward - Soundtrack
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
The Corporate Machine
I'll take that outward soundtrack off your hands if you still have it.

Has anyone played Dead Estate or Golden Light in the Dead of Winter bundle? I am mainly missing those top two (and one is in EA bleh), so I'll likely wait for rebundles as getting the missing games this isn't super cheap, but just curious how they are.

Changes on the way to Humble Choice. Main takeaways:

- Classic is dead, now $12/month for everyone. You get all games for the month. # of games varies per month.

- New Humble app for Windows. Games added monthly. Part of Choice subscription. Also includes DRM-free games (i.e. Trove).

- Store discount no longer same for everyone. Gets progressively larger the longer your subscription is active. Minimum 10%, caps at 20% after 12 months.

- Classic is dead, now $12/month for everyone. You get all games for the month. # of games varies per month.
It’s kinda retarded this took as long as it did. I can’t imagine they were picking all that many people up at $20 for what they’ve been offering the past couple years.

- New Humble app for Windows. Games added monthly. Part of Choice subscription. Also includes DRM-free games (i.e. Trove).
Oh, good, MORE clients. Ignoring this.

- Store discount no longer same for everyone. Gets progressively larger the longer your subscription is active. Minimum 10%, caps at 20% after 12 months.
And this just means I’m going to have even less incentive to unpause each month. I mean it’s never happened before, but I always thought the 20% off coinciding with a sufficiently attractive sale on the store would eventually make me go in on a relatively weak month. At 10%, that’s a lot less likely.

We'll see if the games they include actually count as "Leveling up." IGN took early humble from Lv99 on a downward trajectory towards LvGroupees.

I'm not seeing any improvements haha
In an ideal, perfect scenario: Cheaper bundles for everyone leads to more subscribers. That, plus the possibility of fewer games in a given bundle, leads to a better cut and more money for the publishers/developers involved. And that leads to a better selection of games. But I doubt it plays out this way.

Wouldn't be shocked if February is a less-exciting version of the first Choice bundle a couple years back: Strong month to promote the changes, try to get subscribers started on the way to the next tier of store discount and get them using the app, then things go mostly back to normal.

iVj1Bf4.png

This might be a good move for Hamble and customers alike, but as you say it could also just be a trap by having one or two good months to get an uptick in subscribers.

We'll see if the games they include actually count as "Leveling up." IGN took early humble from Lv99 on a downward trajectory towards LvGroupees.
It won't be long until Hamble says, "If we can't meet the monthly commitment for the Choice subs, we will extend the timeline and combine two months into one bundle."

We got to give them some credit here, at least until we see what the results are. They did ask for feedback, now they are executing on it. Not many companies would take this path.

I saw on reddit that someone is saying that another change is that the keys are no longer steam only keys??? That is a big negative for me if they are going to include epic/origin/ubisoft keys now....

Losing the 20% discount, something I have used a lot, is really disconcerting.   I will likely cut back my Humble purchases if that happens.

There's also this in the FAQ

unknown.png
I'm sure since they now want to give us maximum bang for your buck they'll start including the complete editions of games that have DLC. I also think EA will stop producing annual sports games.

Last edited:
In an ideal, perfect scenario: Cheaper bundles for everyone leads to more subscribers. That, plus the possibility of fewer games in a given bundle, leads to a better cut and more money for the publishers/developers involved. And that leads to a better selection of games. But I doubt it plays out this way.

Wouldn't be shocked if February is a less-exciting version of the first Choice bundle a couple years back: Strong month to promote the changes, try to get subscribers started on the way to the next tier of store discount and get them using the app, then things go mostly back to normal.
My takeaway is more of an askance perspective on what you posted. I'm expecting fewer games to equate to less overall value in the bundle per month after the first month because the price for all games lowered by 40%. More emphasis will be placed on the subscription-only client with all of its HamPass games (you owe me a Coke for the name suggestion, Humble), and more value will be signaled for the increases to percentage off on the store. It's like the percentage off store purchases is being used as leverage for subscriber retention, which is a stupid idea, since we used to have sliders that allowed us to give 20% to charity or receive 20% off.

The only thing I can say I'm looking forward to is seeing all you jerks pay the $12 per month I was locked in at, instead of all those stupid promotions your jerky jerkfaces kept getting for threatening to cancel. Started subscribing in 2016 and they never gave me nothin'!

If they cut down the number of games some months to have a better headliner, I'd be ok with it. A lot of months, the headliners have been games I've already had, so the rest of the bundle became absolute trash.

I agree with a lot of what's already been said. The bottom line for me is this:

Give me better games / better value in the bundle. The store discount is a non-issue to me, as I often found whenever I entertained the idea of buying something at Humble, I wasn't subscribed to whatever garbage they were peddling that month. I also don't care about their dumb app.

In fact, those last two things, to me, are stones around the neck of Humble Choice. My purchase is subsidizing their store and publishing side-gig, neither of which interest me. Separate those things from the HC bundle and put all the effort into making those good.

But I know... that's exactly how IGN views the HC Bundle. It's a vehicle to drive their other ventures.

Humble is becoming less and less relevant. This decision pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for me. I hope the games they offer are decent, but I'm not seeing the value as much anymore. Usually a game or two is good enough, but not wanting to waste money on that. These are likely to look more like Killer Bundles now, which could be good, but will be overpriced likely.

They can frame it however they like but bottom line is there will be less games period. And it's not like the headliners will notably improve outside of maybe the first month or two, so it ultimately amounts to the consumer getting less

And they've done non-Steam games before. I still have a duplicate Uplay key for Assassin's Creed Origins from a previous monthly. But if they start doing Epic keys... 🤢🤮

They can frame it however they like but bottom line is there will be less games period. And it's not like the headliners will notably improve outside of maybe the first month or two, so it ultimately amounts to the consumer getting less
And they've done non-Steam games before. I still have a duplicate Uplay key for Assassin's Creed Origins from a previous monthly. But if they start doing Epic keys...
They had at least one Epic store game so far, and it wasn't even a key so you were pretty much stuck with it.

They had at least one Epic store game so far, and it wasn't even a key so you were pretty much stuck with it.
Which one was it? I remember they let you select between steam and epic for at least one (Control being the one I remember), but I don't remember any that were only offered as Epic

Can't say I'm much of a fan of this change. 

I'll probably give it a few months... if you're going to make a drastic service change, you already must have planned it out and made sure that the first couple months are absurdly good, right? 

I saw on reddit that someone is saying that another change is that the keys are no longer steam only keys??? That is a big negative for me if they are going to include epic/origin/ubisoft keys now....
They've done this several times and it's annoying. Now if it's them and not the people behind the game making the decision it's bullshit. If it's the people behind the games, they are doing it knowing that people would rather have it on steam and are hoping people will buy it instead.

Which one was it? I remember they let you select between steam and epic for at least one (Control being the one I remember), but I don't remember any that were only offered as Epic
World War Z GOTY

Last edited:

And they've done non-Steam games before. I still have a duplicate Uplay key for Assassin's Creed Origins from a previous monthly. But if they start doing Epic keys...
It's in the FAQ https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139#games_types

bread's done
Back