Humble Bundle Thread

It's crazy, but I already bought Spongebob and If Found. Looking to pick up Planet Zoo on the cheap since I have a friend where that's their main game. I gotta know!

I had a fun couple hours with Spongebob - it's not half bad...and if you love the license then the title is a bit closer to excellent.

If Found....is a great visual novel. Here's what my Steam review had to say about it. "If Found...'s simple story shines bright through the presentation of extracting information through erasing a journals past. Kasio's story via diary allows us to unravel the story gradually. Erasing the past journal memories felt like Kasio was getting help with a traumatic past and working through it, and the player has a role in uncovering it with erasing. Although erased, I get the impression it's still there, but just lives on in a vacuous black hole, affecting us, but the memories and trauma remain just an amalgamation of matter - not to be in this side of the universe anymore.

A wonderful delivery of a visual novel."

Visual novels are perfect games...

...for watching on YouTube!
giphy.gif

Visual novels are perfect games...

...for watching on YouTube!
It's true. - I do feel that most visual novels are more "experiences" than games. - If Found... is way less click the textbox and has a bit more individuality than that.

And sometimes that experience is worth supporting the creator.

But this is CAG so bless up to watching visual novel let's plays/unnarrated.

Diabetes Bundle

Single tier, $12 for the following:

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

We Happy Few

Sam & Max Save the World

Observation

Super Meat Boy Forever

Pine

Bartlow's Dread Machine

Gauntlet Slayer Edition

Stories Untold

RAD

Super Meat Boy

Saturday Morning RPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright. Some very low value games (SMB, Saturday Morning RPG), with some stuff I would want (RAD is OK on Switch would be better on PC, and Super Meat Boy Forever). I'll probably end up getting it anyway. Wish it had both Sam & Max released so far, but that's not Humble. Being cheap is the way.

It's alright. Some very low value games (SMB, Saturday Morning RPG), with some stuff I would want (RAD is OK on Switch would be better on PC, and Super Meat Boy Forever). I'll probably end up getting it anyway. Wish it had both Sam & Max released so far, but that's not Humble. Being cheap is the way.
I played smrpg and got to the power plant dam area and encountered a bug with the lifts and couldn't proceed further. So warning for that one. Other than that it was a decent little game. Prettysure I only paid 99 cents or something for it at least. The qtes could be a little more generous though. I will give them points for the cute references like zebra gum.

Handheld PC Power Bundle

$10 tier:

Parkasaurus

Paint the Town Red

Exanima

Orcs Must Die! 2 - Complete

$20 tier:

Orcs Must Die! 3

Neon Abyss: Deluxe Edition

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - Deluxe Edition

They're really leaning into higher base tier prices, it seems. I want Parkasaurus, but I don't think I want to pay $10 for it.

Handheld PC Power Bundle

$10 tier:

Parkasaurus

Paint the Town Red

Exanima

Orcs Must Die! 2 - Complete

$20 tier:

Orcs Must Die! 3

Neon Abyss: Deluxe Edition

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - Deluxe Edition

They're really leaning into higher base tier prices, it seems. I want Parkasaurus, but I don't think I want to pay $10 for it.
Humble Inflation Bundle. Got a couple deluxe editions in there, but of course not Mechwarrior 5 and Orcs Must Die 3.

Well, this is A LOT better than the Humble Choice this month.

EDIT:

I wish that THIS Handheld PC Bundle here was this month's Humble Choice.

Mutant Year Zero base-game was free on Epic before; and I seem to own the base on Steam already. Has anyone played MYZ DLC? Is it any good?

Also have Neon Abyss [base-game] on Steam and Epic. I think the base-game was an Epic freebie. Only missing OST and Alter Ego DLC on Steam. Anyone played Alter Ego DLC?

EDIT 2:

I really liked MW5: Mercs on PC Game Pass, back when it was on there - is it still there?. Really wish it was a Complete Package here in this bundle, but it ain't. Still....tempting me here b/c I loved Mechwarrior 2: Mercs back in the day and really want more Merchwarrior: Mercs style games.

Also looks like MW5: Mercs's cheapest was $15 or so on WinGameStore for only base-game, according to ITAD. None of the 2 DLC's been cheap either.

And Paint the Town Red and Exanima look cool enough.

Yay, another bundle that makes me wish I hadn't bought Orcs3, MW5 or PaintRed last year. Paint the Town Red is fun though. If you have any interest in those games $20 is a steal. If I remember right you get a discount on steam for the mw5 expansion if you own the base game.

I would rather Humble Bundle just move to what Fanatical does and just give me three tiers for this price for that many games.

Repeats suck and the stuff I don't want in the bundle is a real drag. 

I already have Neon Abyss and I don't want it's DLC.  If I could axe that, and a few others, and get the ones I want down to $10~$15?  Sure.

If bundle prices continue to rise, they'll lose their impulse purchase threshold so many of us get suckered into enjoy. 

I liked this bundle a lot. Many games from my wish list.

It looks like these $20 bundles are becoming the norm for games that are newly bundled. This seems to hold true with Fanatical too. While the lower priced bundles are for games that have been bundled several times with sprinkle of a game or two that is new in the top tier. I guess the cost of doing business has gone up even with game bundles :/

I liked this bundle a lot. Many games from my wish list.

It looks like these $20 bundles are becoming the norm for games that are newly bundled. This seems to hold true with Fanatical too. While the lower priced bundles are for games that have been bundled several times with sprinkle of a game or two that is new in the top tier. I guess the cost of doing business has gone up even with game bundles :/
Game bundles on average haven’t been worth a damn in years. I legit feel bad for anyone trying to get into PC gaming because of the Steam Deck, game prices on PC these days are barely better than they are for consoles.

Yeah this is too expensive. I would like Paint the Town Red, Orcs Must Die 3 (barely) and Mechwarrior whatever. That's not really worth over $6 per game for what I want. Also the Alter Ego DLC for Neon Abyss is extra characters you can play as. You can play as each character in a different way. It's OK, but worth about 2 or 3 bucks max. An easy pass.

I want Mechwarrior but I cant really justify paying $20 when I already have Neon Abyss and OMD3. Orcs Must Die 3 was like $6 on release on the gray market.. anyone that really wanted it probably has it by now

Humble Bundle Transformers Final Phase IDW bundle $20 for 53 items.

They're losing this IP, so here comes a bunch of comics. I read a few volumes of Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye. These are some of the wordiest comics I've ever read, but the stories seemed pretty decent enough and the art was good. Worth it IMHO. I liked this comic and the Power Rangers comic when I bought comics more often.

I bought a couple of these Transformers bundles in the past, enough to have most of the Phase 1 comics (and a lot of Phase 2), and I gotta say it never really grabbed me. I wouldn’t call it bad, but I’d also say it’s nowhere near as good as the most enjoyable Transformers shows. The main problem is that it’s all over the place and takes a long time to consolidate any kind of cohesive plot, with main characters dropping out of the story entirely at the drop of a hat. I read through... I don’t remember exactly, but I read up to the Autobots seemingly winning the war, I think that was the end of Phase 1. Maybe Phase 2 is better if it doesn’t have to deal with that, but I read a bit into those comics and they also weren’t grabbing me, so I gave up on it.

Yeah I read about 4 or 5 trade paperbacks and I barely remember the story. The best thing IDW has right now is TMNT. I haven't read in a while, but I went through quite a few trade paperbacks. I'm willing to hope there is something good in the Transformers bundle for the $20.

Battles of Yore Bundle

$1:

CROSSBOW: Bloodnight

Tyranny - Deluxe Edition

BTA:

Plebby Quest: The Crusades

Ember

$13:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Enhanced Plus Edition

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Royal Ascension DLC

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - The Wildcards DLC

Gordian Quest

Field of Glory: Empires

The top tier is so close to being a no-brainer for me, but they just had to not include two of the Pathfinder DLCs.
Mind be worth a shot if it ever goes on sale again...

There is a "Complete A Bundle" section on Steam right here for the PF: KM Complete Imperial Edition over here:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11193/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__Imperial_Edition_Bundle/

Also, historically, on ITAD for the important missing DLC's:

Varnhold's Lot DLC at its cheapest has been $2.79 alone - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pathfinderkingmakervarnholdslot/info/

Beneath The Stolen Lands also at its cheapest has been $2.79 alone - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pathfinderkingmakerbeneathstolenlands/info/

Pathfinder: KM is HUGE. Literally stopped some 40 hours into it....and I was barely on Chapter 3! There's like 8 or so Chapters here.

The game's like a modern BG1 & BG2 - but yeah, a HUGE undertaking to do it all at once. Really good though.

Mind be worth a shot if it ever goes on sale again...
There is a "Complete A Bundle" section on Steam right here for the PF: KM Complete Imperial Edition over here:
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11193/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__Imperial_Edition_Bundle/

Also, historically, on ITAD for the important missing DLC's:
Varnhold's Lot DLC at its cheapest has been $2.79 alone - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pathfinderkingmakervarnholdslot/info/
Beneath The Stolen Lands also at its cheapest has been $2.79 alone - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pathfinderkingmakerbeneathstolenlands/info/

Pathfinder: KM is HUGE. Literally stopped some 40 hours into it....and I was barely on Chapter 3! There's like 8 or so Chapters here.

The game's like a modern BG1 & BG2 - but yeah, a HUGE undertaking to do it all at once. Really good though.
Imperial Edition is literally 25¢ more than this bundle on Hamble’s store right now, so it’s like: am I more interested in the BTA and top tier stuff in this bundle or the missing DLC? And then when I can’t really answer that, I inevitably start to feel like I shouldn’t buy either.

Imperial Edition is literally 25¢ more than this bundle on Hamble’s store right now, so it’s like: am I more interested in the BTA and top tier stuff in this bundle or the missing DLC? And then when I can’t really answer that, I inevitably start to feel like I shouldn’t buy either.
I have not gotten to Varnheld's Lot or Beneath DLC.

Wildcards DLC gives you another class, race and (awesome) companion (or two) - and the companion are basically two twins which you can switch between in that one party slot, once you get them into your party. They're pretty good. Not a long story, but you really want them in your party; they should've been there in the base-game, TBH - similar to Shale's DLC from DAO, in that sense. Their short-story is good, but short - but they're useful as can be in the party for sure and also once you start doing the Management Part of the game.

Varnhold's DLC - supposedly 6-12+ hours of content. You're supposed to do that before you finish Chapter 3 - namely "after you have completed the main events of Season of Bloom and before the The Varnhold Vanishing". Supposed to go back to main menu and then start it from there. Then you can import that & grab the rewards in the main game.

Stolen Lands DLC - You can do it on its own; or in the Main Story if you meet a certain character. Again, another DLC I ain't tackled.

Royal Ascension DLC - Don't own it. Only thing I'm missing.

Ain't gotten that far though, only some 40 hours into it - and I still ain't finished Season of Bloom in the Main Game.

EDIT -> PF: KM Base Game was actually given away before on Epic Store. If you don't tolerate Epic - ignore all of this mess. If you tolerate Epic Store and its freebies - might just wanna check it out over there and see if you grabbed it...and then decide if you're okay w/ Epic's version; see if you want DLC's on Epic Store if you own base-game there already; see if you want to spend $ to eventually put it on Steam or go Imperial; and/or whatever the case might be.

The top tier is so close to being a no-brainer for me, but they just had to not include two of the Pathfinder DLCs.
It's missing most of the DLC as far as actual in game content goes. Royal Ascension barely has any in game content in it, unless you care for the 2 portraits or red panda. IMO Pathfinder and Tyranny are the "filler" of the bundle, and the rest of it is the main course.

I might buy the bundle but I'd be selling Pathfinder and Tyranny. I'd only keep the Royal Ascension DLC

I kind of want Plebby Quest. I own Gordian Quest (Early Access okay deck building RPG with multiple characters). I haven't played it in forever and am waiting for it to release. Sadly I already have Pathfinder and have bought some of the DLC.

I really enjoyed Tyranny. Its too bad it didn't do all that well and is owned by paradox (if I remember correctly). We'll likely never see a sequel or anything else set in that universe, but for what it was I thought it was great. Very easily worth $1 even if you only somewhat tolerate isometric rpgs.

I really enjoyed Tyranny. Its too bad it didn't do all that well and is owned by paradox (if I remember correctly). We'll likely never see a sequel or anything else set in that universe, but for what it was I thought it was great. Very easily worth $1 even if you only somewhat tolerate isometric rpgs.
Yup, Paradox owns it - https://www.pcgamesn.com/tyranny/tyranny-2-obsidian-paradox

Might never see a true-blue sequel, unless say Microsoft buys out the IP for Obsidian or they (Microsoft) straight-up buy-out Paradox.

And the ending or Tyranny really sets up for a sequel, too. Awesome game. I really wish there'd be a sequel.

Also, IIRC - Tyranny was a freebie on Epic Store before too: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/pillars-of-eternity-and-tyranny-are-this-weeks-epic-store-freebies

Yup, Paradox owns it - https://www.pcgamesn.com/tyranny/tyranny-2-obsidian-paradox

Might never see a true-blue sequel, unless say Microsoft buys out the IP for Obsidian or they (Microsoft) straight-up buy-out Paradox.

And the ending or Tyranny really sets up for a sequel, too. Awesome game. I really wish there'd be a sequel.

Also, IIRC - Tyranny was a freebie on Epic Store before too: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/pillars-of-eternity-and-tyranny-are-this-weeks-epic-store-freebies
Stop trying to make me play games! I already told you I am a game collecting junkie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually preferred Tyranny to the other isometric RPG's that released around the same time (ie Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin). Game play mechanics weren't as strong, but the story/characters were more interesting. 

bread's done
Back