Humble Bundle Thread

Since I don't pay a lot of attention to... much of anything these days, here are my reactions to the first trailer of each game available in the bundle itself. For the record, these reactions are coming from total ignorance of the games themselves (I mean, I've seen some of the titles before, but I haven't actually looked into any of them before), and I'm almost certainly going to regret posting this as soon as I hit the post button.

The Ascent:

Oh, look, it's yet another isometric sci-fi shooter.

Hotwheels Unleashed:

Oh, so I don't actually get to see any gameplay here? That's neat.

A Plague Tale:

Well, that was dramatic, sure, but what's the actual game?

Gas Station Simulator:

First person, so it's gonna make me barf.

In Sound Mind:

First person, so it's gonna mak—wait, all these stupid clips of streamers are supposed to get me interested in this, aren't they? They really just make the game look like trash, though.

Mind Scanners:

Is this one of those dystopian big-brother-esque games? Not too much of a fan of that setting.

Emily Is Away:

I don't bother with social media in real life, I can't get myself interested in fake social media, I'm sorry.

Omno:

I like the atmosphere, but there's not really much gameplay being demonstrated, is there? Also not a huge fan of the actual look of things.

Ascent is alright. I recommend co-op likely because the difficulty at the time didn't seem balanced for single player, but this was a while back. I want Emily is Away and the Cyberpunk game. I'll likely bite, but not the most exciting bundle. I may pause and hope for a discount.

I guess Plague Tale: Innocence fits into the theme of this month's charity because it's so annoying having to drag Hugo around everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, its rare that a bundle gets a resounding wet fart from everyone.  Even I cannot defend this one, either.

Way to go, Humble.  Really bringing a community together!

I'd be much higher on this bundle if half the games weren't already on Game Pass at one point or another. But then again I suppose you could say that about nearly every Choice bundle for the last three years.

It's actually not awful. Plague Tale is fantastic. Omno was fine. Mind Scanners was interesting. Haven't played Emily is Away

The Walking Dead - 10th Anniversary Bundle:

NOTE - All keys for Steam.

Tier #1 = $1:

- TWD: Season 1

- TWD: 400 Days (DLC for Season 1)

- TWD: Season 2

Tier #2 = BTA:

- TWD: Michonne (Mini-Series Game / Spin-Off Game)

- TWD: A New Frontier (Season 3)

- TWD: The Final Season (Season 4)

Tier #3 = $11:

- TWD: The TellTale Definitive Series (Remastered Collection of S1, 400 Days, S2, S3, S4 & Michonne)

- TWD: Saints & Sinners (VR Headset is required for this game)

Interesting bundle. You are getting the normal version of the series and the definitive version of the series in the same bundle. Very redundant. Not sure who is going to get this who doesn’t opt for the top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dev's should always bundle old-versions w/ the new version. Never know what mods are out there for in the old-versions and never got moved to the new version; and/or never know what old-versions mods do NOT work in the new one.

Though, I doubt TWD series got tons of mods though. [shrug]

Plus, older-versions can likely run on older systems & potatoes, which newer version might not work on - depends on how far they go w/ the re-release/remaster/remake/etc etc with if they re-did assets, moved game to new engine (or not), what their target for the new version is, etc etc. 

But, new version of TWD Definitive is probably easier for carrying saves from one season to the next. I remember it was a pain going from one season to the next, once TellTale's servers went down when they went out of business the 1st time. 

Humble: "Don't sell or trade our keys but also we're giving you the same games twice but they're only for gifting so don't you dare go splitsies."

The Walking Dead - 10th Anniversary Bundle:

NOTE - All keys for Steam.

Tier #1 = $1:
- TWD: Season 1
- TWD: 400 Days (DLC for Season 1)
- TWD: Season 2

Tier #2 = BTA:
- TWD: Michonne (Mini-Series Game / Spin-Off Game)
- TWD: A New Frontier (Season 3)
- TWD: The Final Season (Season 4)

Tier #3 = $11:
- TWD: The TellTale Definitive Series (Remastered Collection of S1, 400 Days, S2, S3, S4 & Michonne)
- TWD: Saints & Sinners (VR Headset is required for this game)
w1yke.jpg

euEBKsb.jpg

I have questions about a TTRPG bundle that puts the base rules in the $1 tier and the character sheets in the $18 tier
What kind of Old-Skooler are ye!! Open your Trapper Keeper, grab that Mead wide-ruled notebook with the Charlie's Angels cover. Rip a sheet out and take your no. 2 pencil and your dice and start rolling and writing down your stats... IN ORDER, YOU PLEBE!!!

or maybe the sheets are made from the ashes of Gary Gygax!

I thought the woke crowd made the word "female" offensive?

Can't support this

Smh my head

Of everything I'm missing (3, 6, 7, Revelations 2), the only one I'd want is RE3. So that's a pass. But a great deal nonetheless. Too bad the Village coupon is essentially worthless seeing as it doesn't stack with sales and is $25 right now at Fanatical.

Y’know, I’ve been holding back on getting REmake 2 because I figured it and 3 would be Hambled eventually, but that is so much more money than I’d be willing to pay for the both of them when literally the only other game in there I might boot up and don’t already own is in the $1 tier.

Pretty good.  Might get the $10 bundle for RE5 and RE6.  I played 2 and 3 back in t3h day and not interested in paying an additional $20 for the remakes plus RE4 (which is apparently getting a remake?) and 7 which I never thought fit the theme/tone of the original games.

Tough one. I own everything in tier 1 & tier 2 but Rev 2 Deluxe and own nothing in tier 3 besides RE4 so I'd have to sell off around $10 worth of stuff just to pay the intended price.
It'd be an easier buy if RE7 was the Gold Edition or RE2 was at least the Deluxe..
As a heads-up, RE7 is crossbuy on Xbox (one purchase gets you a copy for Xbox/Series and the PC Windows Store) and the Gold Edition has been $15 a number of times.

Depending on what you're missing here - hard to go wrong w/ most tiers here.

The $1 and $10 bundles are great. $30 is where it gets dicey.

Revelations 1 for a $1 is insane. Rev 1 is even better than RE6, IMHO. Well, almost anything RE-based is better than RE6 pretty much, namely b/c RE6 is so bloated.

RE 5: Gold; RE6; and Rev 2: Base & Pass is great for $10. RE5 is really good and Rev 2 is severely underrated IMHO. And yes, RE5 Gold and Rev 2 are both better than RE6.

RE6 - I loved Leon and Ada's campaigns in RE6 - but ugh, Chris and Jake's is so repetitive for the areas, boss fights, and more...that those 2 campaigns (especially back-to-back) almost ruin the game. RE6 probably could be good, if you could skip certain sections you do in one campaign and will basically re-do in another campaign - especially in Jake campaign and Chris campaign.

Unfortunately, you should play all the campaigns before Ada's campaign, as Ada's fills in a lot of the blanks and missing stuff plot and story-wise from the other 3 campaigns. 

If RE: Village was the actual game and not a coupon, Top Tier would be solid. Top Tier is still good, basically provided you are missing both RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake. RE2 Remake is probably the best RE game period IMHO and RE3 Remake is good but still nowhere as a great as RE2 Remake.

And since RE4 is sadly stuff in $30 tier - well, RE4 version on Steam (aka RE4: Ultimate HD Version) is the best version of RE4 period on PC period (puts OG RE4 Retail disc port Ubi commissioned to shame), as the Steam-version also has real mouse-look support. Combine that RE4 Steam-version w/ the RE4 Tweaks Mod to get real English subtitles on - you're golden. You can do a lot more w/ RE4 Tweaks and all feature-wise and graphically - but that's a great start there. Played this recently and loved this RE4 Remaster.

I really wish they'd flat-out remake RE1 Remaster and RE0 Remaster as new-RE4 style games w/ those controls and whatnot - but ugh, I am having a tough time trying RE0 and RE1 here w/ old-school fixed-camera angles and tank-controls, since RE4-style camera and aiming & their evolution since them makes it hard to try RE0 RM and RE1 RM.

I bit. I somehow had ZERO of these RE games on my steam account (on consoles is another story...) I have to say that this bundle is a win for me just to tinker around and see what kind of performance I can get out of these on PC.  

Was wanting RE2 and 3 in a bundle for a long time, but $30 is too much considering I'm only missing those and 8 (which is only a coupon in this case). RE3 has been $10, and I'm sure RE2 will hit that price as well.

Idk why they couldn't do better on the RE8 coupon. It's cheaper by itself on Fanatical right now

Steam already changed the MSRP to $40 so if it was half off of that, it would be fine. But it's half off of $60...

Anybody buy the big bundle and able to sell/trade RE2? Will trade $5 Amazon gift card for it. Already posted in the steam master trade thread, but figured I'd ask here as well.

I already have all the other games in this bundle.

Paradox Turn-Based Bundle:

Note - All Steam keys.

Only Tier for $12:

= Age of Wonders III: Planetfall - Premium 

= BattleTech: Mercenary Collection

= BattleTech: Shadow Hawk Pack DLC

= Pillars of Eternity: Definitive

= Shadowrun Trilogy

= Knights of Pen & Paper 1 and 2 Collection

Humble's been pumping out the bundles for the last 1-2 months. They aren't all winners but it's a far cry from how barren that Games bundle section felt not that long ago. The ones live right now do all seem quite good, though.

Paradox Turn-Based Bundle:

Note - All Steam keys.

Only Tier for $12:
= Age of Wonders III: Planetfall - Premium
= BattleTech: Mercenary Collection
= BattleTech: Shadow Hawk Pack DLC
= Pillars of Eternity: Definitive
= Shadowrun Trilogy
= Knights of Pen & Paper 1 and 2 Collection
Hmmm. I might actually have to bite on this and POE2 when Fanatical repeats its flash sales, though I’m still right at the beginning of Kingmaker.

Hmmm. I might actually have to bite on this and POE2 when Fanatical repeats its flash sales, though I’m still right at the beginning of Kingmaker.
I went 40 hours in Pathfinder KM and was STILL only on Chapter 3.

Still, not even CLOSE to the end.

Probably gonna take another 60 hours to finish that damn game, whenever I get back to it; it's LONG.

I went 40 hours in Pathfinder KM and was STILL only on Chapter 3.
Still, not even CLOSE to the end.
Probably gonna take another 60 hours to finish that damn game, whenever I get back to it; it's LONG.
Bitch I’m 40 hours into Kingmaker and I’m LEVEL 3.

To be fair, I’ve restarted from the beginning of Chapter 1 three times now. I’ve spent so many hours just making and reworking character builds, and I keep going back to accommodate the reworks, since I’m still so close to the start. I’m a big fan of D&D3e/Pathfinder 1e, so I’m having fun just making the builds.

I think Knights of Pen & Paper collection is missing the DLC. The paradox IG bundle was a better value for me, and slightly cheaper since I already own the Shadowrun trilogy. Never thought I'd see the day where a IG bundle is better than Humble

Well my three months of humble choice for $18 is over. I am about to cancel my membership in hopes that they offer me another $4 to $6 off the upcoming choice. Has anyone received any new offers for the upcoming choice? Is now a good time to cancel or should I just wait until the day before they charge me for the upcoming month?

Well my three months of humble choice for $18 is over. I am about to cancel my membership in hopes that they offer me another $4 to $6 off the upcoming choice. Has anyone received any new offers for the upcoming choice? Is now a good time to cancel or should I just wait until the day before they charge me for the upcoming month?
I got a one month for $8. I've been holding out for something better, but it doesn't seem to be coming.

bread's done
Back