Humble Bundle Thread

It’s funny how New Tales From the Borderlands is the only game that doesn’t have its Steam rating displayed. It really should be in the lowest tier, no one wants that junk.

Does anyone know if the Payday3 20% off coupon was there originally with the September choice bundle? I don't remember seeing it until now.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like it is just the standard 20% discount if you're a Choice subscriber. What a great incentive...a coupon that you would already get. Nevermind that the game was 15-17% off elsewhere.

Oh, and FYI, Sept. charges go out tomorrow, the 26th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the $7.99 deal, so I went ahead and bought this month's Humble Choice, despite the fact that it says For New Members Only right in the fine print of the email. So if you got it and you were wondering... it works.

I've played all the Borderlands stuff and I just know I'd eventually get Tiny Tina one day, despite my wavering interest. This seems cheap enough and it comes with plenty of other games I'll never play.

Not yet. Usually this guy has it 1-2 days before drop.

https://twitter.com/billbil_kun
Every time I click on a Twitter link I'm reminded of a what a dumpster fire that site has become. Why do I want to see a person's tweets in some sort of non-sequential order? Newest should always be the default option (unless something is pinned by the user.)

Social media is the worst.

Every time I click on a Twitter link I'm reminded of a what a dumpster fire that site has become. Why do I want to see a person's tweets in some sort of non-sequential order. Newest should always be the default option (unless something is pinned by the user.)

Social media is the worst.
Yup. Thats done to get you to sign up for Twitter/X these days.

Twitter has always been a dumpster fire.
Come on guys, it's X, not Twitter...

4ce.gif

Already have Metal Hellsinger (great game) so this is the easiest skip ever for me since I don't do spoopy and the add-ons look poopie too.

Yeah, played the Quarry awhile ago … didn’t particularly enjoy what I played. The only truly great game in that series was Until Dawn imo … but a good deal for those who like Supermassive’s style.

I love Supermassive's games, but have all but The Devil In Me on PS4. If I end up getting a 3 month discount later, I may be tempted to double dip, but otherwise this month is a pass for me.

So the one rumor I saw two days ago for the Quarry/Metal was right tho wrong on SCP game. I remember liking the hellsinger demo and I think I got the other two dark pictures games from the monthly so maybe its worth it. Rebel Inc. looks interesting.

Definately a meh bundle overall.

Wish System Shock would show up in one of these bundles … that would have made it an immediate buy for me.
Nightdive Studios games are always ripe for bundles. Just depends how long to wait. Generally the remasters get bundled within a year. Since this is a remake who knows.

Oh, man; I'd love to see System Shock Remake in a Humble Choice. That's an insta-buy for me just for that game alone.

Also, hopefully Dark Pictures: Devil In Me hits a Humble Bundle soon too.

Another skip for me. I desperately want Metal Hellsinger but everything else is not for me. Why two Supermassive games? Maybe cuz one doesn’t work on steam deck I guess.

Maybe I can trade some of the other games and keep Metal Hellsinger, otherwise going to keep waiting for a good sale on that one.

That may be the worst bundle I've seen in a long time, for me.

I suspect we'll see some kind of promo later in the month, but I'm pretty sure they can't offer me a price I'd take.

Can't believe how many folks are disliking this bundle. This is the first bundle in a long while I think I may sign up for. I love the supermassive games though. Played through them all on Xbox but I think they're deck compatible. The Quarry was great so def want to give that another go

I mean 4 of the games in the Monthly are on my wishlist but none of them particularly seem like "headliner" quality to me, though I acknowledge The Quarry is a big-budget game.

Can't believe how many folks are disliking this bundle. This is the first bundle in a long while I think I may sign up for. I love the supermassive games though. Played through them all on Xbox but I think they're deck compatible. The Quarry was great so def want to give that another go
MysterD's mom loves my supermassive bundle... She doesn't need one from Humble!

AMIRITE?!?!?

Eh, it's not that it's necessarily bad, it's just that if you aren't a big fan of Supermassive games, it's a lot of "Ok".
It's not a bad bundle, but for me there's not really one game that I'd actually go and buy on it's own.

That may be the worst bundle I've seen in a long time, for me.

I suspect we'll see some kind of promo later in the month, but I'm pretty sure they can't offer me a price I'd take.
For people that don't like horror games, this is awful. Didn't hesitate through the 17 clicks they make you go through to pause the month.

I had Wonderlands last month, and The Quarry this month, so there's not exactly much for me.

They all say redeem on Steam and I don't think any of the Steam versions of that software (or really anything on Steam at all) is only a limited time license.
I actually didn’t notice that they were Steam keys. That’s kinda weird for software, but I guess there’s a bit of a gaming bent to them? Or at least to Gecata.

The Quarry - REVIEW.

INTRO.
Took about 15 hours and all, but I finished up The Quarry, which is in current $12 Humble Choice for this October. Really enjoyed it.

If you're not a fan of cinematic-style adventure games like anything from David Cage and Quantic Dream (Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human, etc), Telltale's games (Telltale's The Walking Dead games, Telltale's Batman games, The Wolf Among Us, etc.) and likely anything else from SuperMassive (Dark Pictures Anthology of games & Until Dawn) - I don't think this is going to convert anyone over to this genre of adventure games.

If you like and want a very-well voice-acted & very well-written B-movie inspired horror-movie type of cinematic-game - which I think is obviously purposely hammy, campy & funny b/c this is a game with an 80's to 90's Jason film (i.e. the Friday The 13th movies) - you will probably like this. The story is down-right bonkers, loaded with twists, turns, revelations, and whatnot in the story - and if you care about story & character development more anything, this is going to be for you. If you like movies and/or TV shows - absolutely, this is for you, as most of the time you'll be chilling and watching the story unfold...after you've likely interacted to make decisions & shape the story.

GAMEPLAY.
For gameplay - yes, when it happens - most of this game you'll be doing certain things here, like you'd normally do in this type of game. You will be interacting w/ the game-world & finding things like in most adventure games (or taking items like Lore, Tarot Cards, objects, etc.). You will be taking on QTE's (Quick-Time Events) where you need to slam certain buttons, keys, directions, or whatever on your game-pad or keyboard-mouse during intense cut-scenes & action sequences. I should note here, that I mostly played with a PC gamepad here - either my USB-based and wired Logitech F310 or Xbox 360 Gamepad. More so than anything here, you'll be making decisions that'll be shaping this entire journey of this 10-15 hour story here and its final permutations. 

STORY.
So, what's the story here? A bunch of people are at a Summer Camp (Jason/Friday The 13th vibes here!) and all kinds of stuff is hitting the fan basically. This isn't even the half of it here, as there's a Family that has a history to this place & land, monster movie type of stuff here, and more. You, the player, will be bouncing between numerous characters in this big ensemble piece of a story, as you'll be trying to hopefully save as many important characters in this story, so that they'll be alive by the end. You have police man, a fortune teller/tarot card reader, some camp counselors, and more here - whose fates are all intertwined here in, in this horror flick of a video game. I don't want to give too much away here, as there's a ton of stuff going on here. And likely, most players won't be having the same outcome & could be replaying this game a crazy amount of times, as even IGN has said there's around at least 180+ variations here! And also when you talk with other players, there's going to be a good chance your playthrough is going to differ from the next person's playthrough.

GRAPHICS & PERFORMANCE.
The character models and their animations look fantastic. In terms of voice-actors here - likely motion-captured, I'd bet - to look this much like their real-life selves in game, is absolutely uncanny. Absolutely outstanding on this stuff. These are some of the best-looking character models that I've ever seen in a game, for them to look like their real-life counterparts. Ariel Winter, Lance Henrikson, Brenda Song, and Halston Sage look so much like their real-selves here...and it's astonishing how good this game got them down.

The game performed best on my desktop loaded with a 10700KF, 16gb RAM, multiple SSD's & HDD's, and 8gb RTX 3070, with most stuff cranked-up on High settings w/ a few tweaks and changes to the setting to customize it for myself. On my laptop with R5 5600H, 16gb RAM, 1 TB SSD, and 6gb RTX 3060 - well, I had it at mostly Medium settings with some other stuff customized a bit up to suit me. I aim for 1080p60fps, but it wasn't always at 60fps. Sometimes, got performance hits and drops - more so on the laptop than desktop. Regardless, I did have area transition stutters here & there - yes, more so on laptop than desktop. Regardless, the game looked great to me and also so did the environments & lighting here, which so fit the monster movie vibe & Summer Camp vibe here - but the characters models here, more so than anything, took the cake here with their graphics quality on the technical side of things.

OUTRO.
Regardless, I finished-up The Quarry and as a fan of 1980's and 90's horror movies especially & actually these type of cinematic-adventure games (like Quantic Dream's games & Telltale's games), I can add SuperMassive to this list of games of this type that I'll have to play. This game was a blast and given how replay-able this game is, with it's well known that this game has numerous different journeys and conclusions/permutations, I know I'm going to have to give this one another run-through. After my 15 hours or so with this, I can say: this "game" was a total blast and I really enjoyed this one. Yes, I enjoyed it A LOT. 

I just received this email.

An update on your Humble Choice membership

Humble Choice member,

Starting next month on November 7, we’ll be retiring the Humble Games Collection membership perk. On that day, you’ll no longer be able to access games from the Collection through the Humble desktop app for Windows PC, though you will still be able to access the DRM-free titles available in the Vault.

We’re regularly evaluating our offerings in light of the ever-evolving landscape of gaming and what matters most to our Choice members.

Going forward we’ll be continuing to focus on curating great games that are yours to own, offering you exclusive Humble Store discounts, seeking out unique special offers we think you’ll enjoy, and looking for ways to bring Choice members the best entertainment value we can.

–The Humble team

The enshittification of all things continues. Higher prices, less features, lower quality.

The good times are gone. I miss the old Humble Bundles. The numbered ones that would have folks scrambling...

Bundles were never financially viable longterm. Those days have been long dead. It was great while it lasted.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Bundles were never financially viable longterm. Those days have been long dead. It was great while it lasted.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Bundles were and are great for games from three years ago, past their zeitgeist, and the only way to get advertising for new sales (or hype for a sequel) is to bundle them.

That still has value, same as ones for indie developers to get noticed.

But the big boy bundles are gone. The last great one was likely the recent Resident Evil bundle. The one I remember being too good to be true was the Spyro/Crash bundle with Steam keys.

bread's done
Back