Humble Bundle Thread

Dear Humble Choice Member,

We care about you, and we care so much that we're taking away these two free games from you. We will continue to care so much about you in the future and will totally divert those funds into good things for you and not more money for us.

Love,

IGN

Do that many people install the launcher and use it? I was meaning to try that one game, Signalis or something but that was the only thing that interested me.

Do that many people install the launcher and use it? I was meaning to try that one game, Signalis or something but that was the only thing that interested me.
I can't even get to the games I'm constantly buying from Steam, GOG, EA App, Humble Choice, Humble Weekly Bundles, GMG, Gamersgate, and other stores.

Dunno what makes me think to check out their Humble App.

Don't we have enough client-app's already?

So, yes - never really checked out the Humble Game Collection (HGC) stuff.

I dunno - I got The Quarry and House of Ashes - so yeah, I'm gonna play that stuff. Stuff like Ghostwire and The Outer Worlds: Spacer's; these were Humble Choice leading games. HGC stuff ain't on my mind.

EDIT - Humble wants me to play their stuff? Then they should put their stuff in Humble Choices with keys for Steam or GOG. [shrug]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Quarry - REVIEW.

INTRO.
Took about 15 hours and all, but I finished up The Quarry, which is in current $12 Humble Choice for this October. Really enjoyed it.

If you're not a fan of cinematic-style adventure games like anything from David Cage and Quantic Dream (Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human, etc), Telltale's games (Telltale's The Walking Dead games, Telltale's Batman games, The Wolf Among Us, etc.) and likely anything else from SuperMassive (Dark Pictures Anthology of games & Until Dawn) - I don't think this is going to convert anyone over to this genre of adventure games.

If you like and want a very-well voice-acted & very well-written B-movie inspired horror-movie type of cinematic-game - which I think is obviously purposely hammy, campy & funny b/c this is a game with an 80's to 90's Jason film (i.e. the Friday The 13th movies) - you will probably like this. The story is down-right bonkers, loaded with twists, turns, revelations, and whatnot in the story - and if you care about story & character development more anything, this is going to be for you. If you like movies and/or TV shows - absolutely, this is for you, as most of the time you'll be chilling and watching the story unfold...after you've likely interacted to make decisions & shape the story.

GAMEPLAY.
For gameplay - yes, when it happens - most of this game you'll be doing certain things here, like you'd normally do in this type of game. You will be interacting w/ the game-world & finding things like in most adventure games (or taking items like Lore, Tarot Cards, objects, etc.). You will be taking on QTE's (Quick-Time Events) where you need to slam certain buttons, keys, directions, or whatever on your game-pad or keyboard-mouse during intense cut-scenes & action sequences. I should note here, that I mostly played with a PC gamepad here - either my USB-based and wired Logitech F310 or Xbox 360 Gamepad. More so than anything here, you'll be making decisions that'll be shaping this entire journey of this 10-15 hour story here and its final permutations.

STORY.
So, what's the story here? A bunch of people are at a Summer Camp (Jason/Friday The 13th vibes here!) and all kinds of stuff is hitting the fan basically. This isn't even the half of it here, as there's a Family that has a history to this place & land, monster movie type of stuff here, and more. You, the player, will be bouncing between numerous characters in this big ensemble piece of a story, as you'll be trying to hopefully save as many important characters in this story, so that they'll be alive by the end. You have police man, a fortune teller/tarot card reader, some camp counselors, and more here - whose fates are all intertwined here in, in this horror flick of a video game. I don't want to give too much away here, as there's a ton of stuff going on here. And likely, most players won't be having the same outcome & could be replaying this game a crazy amount of times, as even IGN has said there's around at least 180+ variations here! And also when you talk with other players, there's going to be a good chance your playthrough is going to differ from the next person's playthrough.

GRAPHICS & PERFORMANCE.
The character models and their animations look fantastic. In terms of voice-actors here - likely motion-captured, I'd bet - to look this much like their real-life selves in game, is absolutely uncanny. Absolutely outstanding on this stuff. These are some of the best-looking character models that I've ever seen in a game, for them to look like their real-life counterparts. Ariel Winter, Lance Henrikson, Brenda Song, and Halston Sage look so much like their real-selves here...and it's astonishing how good this game got them down.

The game performed best on my desktop loaded with a 10700KF, 16gb RAM, multiple SSD's & HDD's, and 8gb RTX 3070, with most stuff cranked-up on High settings w/ a few tweaks and changes to the setting to customize it for myself. On my laptop with R5 5600H, 16gb RAM, 1 TB SSD, and 6gb RTX 3060 - well, I had it at mostly Medium settings with some other stuff customized a bit up to suit me. I aim for 1080p60fps, but it wasn't always at 60fps. Sometimes, got performance hits and drops - more so on the laptop than desktop. Regardless, I did have area transition stutters here & there - yes, more so on laptop than desktop. Regardless, the game looked great to me and also so did the environments & lighting here, which so fit the monster movie vibe & Summer Camp vibe here - but the characters models here, more so than anything, took the cake here with their graphics quality on the technical side of things.

OUTRO.
Regardless, I finished-up The Quarry and as a fan of 1980's and 90's horror movies especially & actually these type of cinematic-adventure games (like Quantic Dream's games & Telltale's games), I can add SuperMassive to this list of games of this type that I'll have to play. This game was a blast and given how replay-able this game is, with it's well known that this game has numerous different journeys and conclusions/permutations, I know I'm going to have to give this one another run-through. After my 15 hours or so with this, I can say: this "game" was a total blast and I really enjoyed this one. Yes, I enjoyed it A LOT.
I'm right there with ya. I love the Supermassive games in general, and while I don't think The Quarry was quite as good as Until Dawn, I do think it was close. It was a damn good game. Looking forward to a second play through for Halloween

Can you survive the terror.... THAT IS A BAD SALE?!?!?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
jZVJjz.gif

Bandai Namco's Fights, Frights, and Fantasy Bundle = $10:

-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/bandai-namco-fights-frights-and-fantasy

NOTE = $10 Tier (only Tier) for these Steam games-keys (in Games section) & also some Humble Coupons.

Games:

- Tekken 7 (base) 

- Code Vein (base)

- Katamari Damacy: ReRoll

- God Eater 3

- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

- .hack//G.U.: Last Recode

- PAC-MAN MUSEUM+

Coupons for Humble Store:

- 25% off Tales of Arise

- 50% off One Piece Odyssey

Pretty sure this is the first time Vesperia: Definitive has been bundled.  One of my favorite games, probably in top 5-10 all-time.
Still waiting for them to bundle Ni No Kuni: Remastered.

I already own Tekken 7 Definitive Edition and I've played through Code Vein before, but even not including those (or the fact that two of the items are just coupons) this is still an incredible value for $10 so I had to jump on the deal.

Of course I made sure to adjust the sliders to give the least amount of the $10 to Humble.  Still feels shitty they force people to pay them a portion now.

Have most of these.

Missing God Eater 3 and Pac-Man Museum+.

So, how's God Eater 3?

On Steam, also looks like God Eater Collection and Pac-Man Collection are Complete-A-Bundles on sale too.

EDIT - As for Tales Of games, I have most of these. Don't have Arise. So, where to start? Symphonia? Berseria? Zestiria? Vespiria? I'd guess these are....maybe all Anthologies for each game, similar to most numbered Final Fantasy games?

Great deal for $10.  Thanks for posting.  

Only thing I already had was Tekken 7, so I have an extra key for that if someone wants it.  

As for Tales Of games, I have most of these. Don't have Arise. So, where to start? Symphonia? Berseria? Zestiria? Vespiria? I'd guess these are....maybe all Anthologies for each game, similar to most numbered Final Fantasy games?
With what you have, I would start with either Vesperia or Symphonia remaster. Arise would be fine as well.

Vesperia is my favorite. A good number of others prefer Berseria, but that's best after playing Zesteria as they share a world. Most entries are not connected, similar to the FF games. Arise postgame has lots of character cameos.

I bought the $1 Herocraft bundle to get the DLC keys that I was missing to round out my earlier Warhammer: Space Wolf base game purchase.

I have extra keys for the base game and the DLCs Fall of Karnak, Saga of the Great Awakening, Sentry Space Gun, and Sigurd Ironside that apparently will expire tonight at midnight according to Humble.

If that is the case, I don't mind giving them away, but they need to be redeemed tonight by whomever takes them.

PM me if interested.

EDIT - As for Tales Of games, I have most of these. Don't have Arise. So, where to start? Symphonia? Berseria? Zestiria? Vespiria? I'd guess these are....maybe all Anthologies for each game, similar to most numbered Final Fantasy games?
My first Tales game I played to completion was Symphonia. From there I went on to Abyss and Vesperia. Vesperia is probably the best Tales game ever made. There is little to no connection between games, so won't matter where you start. But if you only play one, play Vesperia.

Bandai Namco's Fights, Frights, and Fantasy Bundle = $10:

-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/bandai-namco-fights-frights-and-fantasy

NOTE = $10 Tier (only Tier) for these Steam games-keys (in Games section) & also some Humble Coupons.

Games:

- Tekken 7 (base)

- Code Vein (base)

- Katamari Damacy: ReRoll

- God Eater 3

- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

- .hack//G.U.: Last Recode

- PAC-MAN MUSEUM+

Coupons for Humble Store:

- 25% off Tales of Arise

- 50% off One Piece Odyssey
Cripes...why can't they make this the monthly? Fantastic deal, as I own none of these games!

Missing God Eater 3 and Pac-Man Museum+.
So, how's God Eater 3?
Can’t give you info on 3 in particular, but the God Eater games are Monster Hunter-likes. They tend to focus more on the story and characters than Monster Hunter, though the gameplay isn’t as polished. As for the tone of the story, it’s very battle animu.

Phantasia. (Generally speaking the most popular titles are Symphonia and Vesperia, though the more modern titles have their fans, as well. I don’t really like the Tales series, so I may not be the best judge, but these are my impressions of what other people are into after decades in the JRPG trenches.)

I don't have any of them so that is an easy buy for $10. Always wanted to try Code Vein, Tales of Vesperia and .Hack.
Trying .hack is a great idea! Trying .hack//G.U. is not. I suppose it would appeal to a certain audience (primarily teenagers who watch anime primarily because they feel like it resonates with the counter culture image they’re cultivating—I say this as someone who wasn’t that far off of being that as a teenager), but it isn’t anything like good. The original .hack// quadrilogy IS good, though—or at least, the story and design work are good enough to support the barebones gameplay and graphics—, so don’t take my condemnation of GU as a reason never to check out the rest of the franchise.

I may be in the minority here but I find the bundles from big publishers like Bamco and Capcom to be much more appealing than the ones with random indies thrown together.

Can’t give you info on 3 in particular, but the God Eater games are Monster Hunter-likes. They tend to focus more on the story and characters than Monster Hunter, though the gameplay isn’t as polished. As for the tone of the story, it’s very battle animu.

Phantasia. (Generally speaking the most popular titles are Symphonia and Vesperia, though the more modern titles have their fans, as well. I don’t really like the Tales series, so I may not be the best judge, but these are my impressions of what other people are into after decades in the JRPG trenches.)

Trying .hack is a great idea! Trying .hack//G.U. is not. I suppose it would appeal to a certain audience (primarily teenagers who watch anime primarily because they feel like it resonates with the counter culture image they’re cultivating—I say this as someone who wasn’t that far off of being that as a teenager), but it isn’t anything like good. The original .hack// quadrilogy IS good, though—or at least, the story and design work are good enough to support the barebones gameplay and graphics—, so don’t take my condemnation of GU as a reason never to check out the rest of the franchise.
About God Eater 3 - after what you said of it being MH-Like and having story/character focus, seeing good reviews, and that it's RPG-long - bought the bundle. Thanks.

Bought the bundle basically for Pac-Man Museum+ and God Eater 3.

Don't have Tales of Phantasia. I see it looks like SNES era game. So, it looks like this has not been ported to PC and is not on PS4?

Start with Vesperia, IMO, if you're limited to new stuff. It's the closest to the classics.

But what about Symphonia you say? Many dislike the modern ports because they perform worse than the original. You can start there, as well, but it's the one time I'd say get it on the GameCube if you can.

And if we're talking any Tales game, it would be Destiny II (USA)/ Eternia (JP), IMO.

I never played Symphonia old-versions on any Non-PC Platforms. I only have Symphonia on Steam.

Any mods to get 60fps out there for it?

I may be one of the very few that prefers Tales games on a 2D Plane like Phantasia, Destiny, Destiny 2, Eternia, etc.... I quite liked all these games, and have only played a few of the 3D ones. I do think Tales of Legendia is a bit weak, and Zesetria is very weak, but I enjoyed enough of what I played of Symphonia (decent on PC with mods). Tales of Graces F was likely my favorite of the newer ones, but I haven't played Beseria or Arise. I like these games enough, but I don't love any of them except for Phantasia and I believe Eternia. Tales of Graces F also had a better story than I saw in the others ones I've played, even if it is a bit tropy as well. 

I may be one of the very few that prefers Tales games on a 2D Plane like Phantasia, Destiny, Destiny 2, Eternia, etc.... I quite liked all these games, and have only played a few of the 3D ones. I do think Tales of Legendia is a bit weak, and Zesetria is very weak, but I enjoyed enough of what I played of Symphonia (decent on PC with mods). Tales of Graces F was likely my favorite of the newer ones, but I haven't played Beseria or Arise. I like these games enough, but I don't love any of them except for Phantasia and I believe Eternia. Tales of Graces F also had a better story than I saw in the others ones I've played, even if it is a bit tropy as well.
I still hope Graces F (and Abyss) come to PC at some point. The 2D games would be nice as well. Seems like Bandai Namco thinks no one wants them, though since they have yet to release some of them such as Rebirth and Destiny 2 JPN.

I highly doubt the PS3 'Tales of' titles ever see a new release.  I don't think anyone is going to invest in that; perhaps a remaster, but they're not hyped favorites. 

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I'll add my voice to those recommending Vesperia first :) It was my first Tales back in 2009 and got me hooked. Great group of characters, skits (banter between party members) are well done, lots of content. It does, in my opinion, take a bit for combat to really open up. It starts very basic and you'll slowly learn skills that add more moves, allow more attacks, etc. Most of the games are self-contained in terms of story, although Zestiria is a prequel of sorts to Berseria.

I'd love a port / remaster of Graces F or Abyss or even the older games that never made it to the states. I don't think any of the Tales games made me laugh as much as Graces F with their skits.

As a bonus, all of the games (minus Arise, but there is a PC mod for it) are local co-op in combat as well. I've played through most of them with a group of friends.

$13 for Alan Wake and an hour’s worth of some other games!
(full disclosure, I bought it the minute I got the email)

The Eerie Comics Collection bundle ends in 6 hours, and I'm still on the fence.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/eerie-comics-collection-dark-horse-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_eeriecomicscollectiondarkhorse_bookbundle

I enjoy reading comics on my old Galaxy Tab 2, I love it when they're DRM-free, and there are a lot of legendary comics artists whose work is included in the collection, but even after reading the samples, I'm still not sure that I'll like these books.

Then, I thought how great it would be if Marvel or DC did a charity bundle.  The only DC comic book that was ever available in a Humble Bundle to my knowledge was a sample of a modern issue of Prez from a few years back.

Anyway, would anyone recommend this comics bundle?

(I went for it.  Physical comic books are so damned expensive these days, and $18 isn't much for all those volumes.)

The Eerie Comics Collection bundle ends in 6 hours, and I'm still on the fence.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/eerie-comics-collection-dark-horse-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_eeriecomicscollectiondarkhorse_bookbundle

I enjoy reading comics on my old Galaxy Tab 2, I love it when they're DRM-free, and there are a lot of legendary comics artists whose work is included in the collection, but even after reading the samples, I'm still not sure that I'll like these books.

Then, I thought how great it would be if Marvel or DC did a charity bundle. The only DC comic book that was ever available in a Humble Bundle to my knowledge was a sample of a modern issue of Prez from a few years back.

Anyway, would anyone recommend this comics bundle?

(I went for it. Physical comic books are so damned expensive these days, and $18 isn't much for all those volumes.)
Marvel and DC probably wouldn't do a charity comic book bundle because they've kind of even moved away from Comixology and they'd rather have you pay $70-80 a year to join Marvel Unlimited or DC Universe.

Shonen Jump's service is still probably the best deal if you care to read any of those- $3 a month.

I'll add my voice to those recommending Vesperia first :) It was my first Tales back in 2009 and got me hooked. Great group of characters, skits (banter between party members) are well done, lots of content. It does, in my opinion, take a bit for combat to really open up. It starts very basic and you'll slowly learn skills that add more moves, allow more attacks, etc. Most of the games are self-contained in terms of story, although Zestiria is a prequel of sorts to Berseria.

I'd love a port / remaster of Graces F or Abyss or even the older games that never made it to the states. I don't think any of the Tales games made me laugh as much as Graces F with their skits.

As a bonus, all of the games (minus Arise, but there is a PC mod for it) are local co-op in combat as well. I've played through most of them with a group of friends.
Berseria is the prequel to zesteria (barely since they take place in the same place but thousands of years apart). It actually makes more sense to play Berseria to get the references in Zestiria.

Living In A Simulation Bundle

$15 Tier

Builder Simulator
Farming Simulator 19

Firefighting Simulator - The Squad

House Flipper

House Flipper Garden DLC
House Flipper Luxury DLC

$10 Tier

Electrician Simulator
Fresh Start Cleaning Simulator
Juno: New Origins

Lumberjacks Dynasty

Not really into these types of simulators myself unless they come very cheap in other bundles. I know some people like these.

Sid Meier's Ultimate Collection bundle is up. $15 price for everything.  

Includes Civ VI with Gathering Storm and Rise and Fall DLC (along with some Scenario Packs)

Civ: Beyond Earth

Civ V: Complete

Civ IV: Complete

Civ III: Complete

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Sid Meier's Starships

Sid Meier's Railroads

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol

Sid Meier's Colonization

Sid Meier's Covert Action

I feel this bundle could have used some tiers. I own everything but Beyond Earth. I always wanted to try it, as I was an Alpha Centauri fan. Not trying it from this bundle at least.

I feel this bundle could have used some tiers. I own everything but Beyond Earth. I always wanted to try it, as I was an Alpha Centauri fan. Not trying it from this bundle at least.
I was debating it because I'm missing a good deal of the Civ VI DLC, but even still... it's just tough to buy when you have to figure out what to do with so many of the other keys.

The original iteration of it actually had four tiers including a dollar tier. Given that this is the third time they've run this bundle you'd think they'd at least have added the remaining Civ VI DLC to it instead of a coupon. I guess there's always someone new to PC gaming but at this point it seems a strange and pointless bundle to keep flogging. But hey, I guess if even one person is able to get this amazing deal for the first time it's worthwhile.

The price for it isn't bad on eneba if you just want that.

bread's done
Back