Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, EA server overload should be expected by this point. It's not excusable, but it's not the end of the world if I can't activate my keys for a day or two.

Why are folks saying that buyin for $1 now will get the bonuses later? Don't you always have to BTA for bonuses? I'm confused.

Maybe just a coincidence, but at the same time the Steam SUBs for Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Crysis 2, and Burnout were being updated for this sale
Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, MOH: Airborne, and Red Alert 3: Uprising
also received updates. Maybe one or more for bonus(es)?

The deduction won't mean much unless you itemize, and most of us are not itemizing.
Just noting that no buyers are actually giving directly to a charity, but to Humble Bundle, Inc. so they and EA are the ones who can deduct.

Why are folks saying that buyin for $1 now will get the bonuses later? Don't you always have to BTA for bonuses? I'm confused.
If you pay $1 before bonuses get released, you get them free when released.

If you pay after the bonuses get released, you need to BTA to get bonuses.

o5oln.jpg

Ummm....

So I don't buy digital PC games because my computer is not going to be able to run them.  Seriously, just looking at the thread title I'm positive my computer can play a grand total of none of those.  But I'm wondering:

Can I buy this (Beat The Average, of course), redeem the games to my account, and download later when I finally have a new computer that isn't only good for browsing the web?  Or would these games all have to be registered to THIS computer and I couldn't download them later?

And I'm talking LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --- TER, so also is there a time limit to how long I can (re?)download the game if I can download later?

Ummm....

So I don't buy digital PC games because my computer is not going to be able to run them. Seriously, just looking at the thread title I'm positive my computer can play a grand total of none of those. But I'm wondering:

Can I buy this (Beat The Average, of course), redeem the games to my account, and download later when I finally have a new computer that isn't only good for browsing the web? Or would these games all have to be registered to THIS computer and I couldn't download them later?

And I'm talking LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --- TER, so also is there a time limit to how long I can (re?)download the game if I can download later?
you tie the games to your origin/steam account, and can download and play them as long as you have access to that account.

Ummm....

So I don't buy digital PC games because my computer is not going to be able to run them. Seriously, just looking at the thread title I'm positive my computer can play a grand total of none of those. But I'm wondering:

Can I buy this (Beat The Average, of course), redeem the games to my account, and download later when I finally have a new computer that isn't only good for browsing the web? Or would these games all have to be registered to THIS computer and I couldn't download them later?

I don't know about Origin as i've heard stories about accounts that are inactive for over 2 years, but i've also heard of accounts inactive for that long that didn't have any problems.

But, basically what the person above me said. The games are permanently tied to your account. As long as you have the account you can log in and download the games anytime and on any computer. Problems start to arise with games that have DRM, like Securom and Tages, which sometimes comes with a limit to the number of installs (usually an activation is only used up if you download the game on a new computer). For instance Crysis 1 and Warhead used to have a five machine install limit till Crytek upped the limit to 50. Finding out if a game has DRM can be a pain in the ass if it's not clearly documented. Though i don't think many of the games from this bundle have any sort of shitty DRM. Maybe Dead Space 1 IIRC.

you tie the games to your origin/steam account, and can download and play them as long as you have access to that account.
Cool!

Also to any computer you want, none of these games have a download limit.
COol!

Appears that the redeem code issue has been resolved

COOl!

As has Humble's Paypal issue.
COOL!

But seriously, okay. I guess I'l play some pretty great games..... next year. $5 it is.

I hope that Dead Space 2 gets added since that trilogy is THE games I will start with.

Because Steam doesn't break every time they try to run a big sale. :roll:
Ive had a good gaming rig for 4 months. Steam has never given me issue and Origin has 3 times. So my point stands that you can't lure customers when your service does things like this.

Just sayin.....

Never thought I'd see the day where EA has a humble origin bundle with everything going to charity.

Huge move on EA and Battlefield 3 is only 2 years old, though people will complain for no reason anyways.

Ive had a good gaming rig for 4 months. Steam has never given me issue and Origin has 3 times. So my point stands that you can't lure customers when your service does things like this.

Just sayin.....
Every time I've had a problem Origin has always given me a free game, they go out of their way to help even calling me up and letting me know they were working on it.

Yes, downtime sucks and if I only had one game that would be awful but I have more than one on more than one service. Does this means it's not bad? Of course it's bad, it's just that when things go bad Origin tries to make the best of it for the customer.

Just sayin.....
Well I wanted to redeem the Steam keys on the Steam website but I couldn't remember my password for the account that I made a bajillion years ago for I don't even remember what (since my computer probably couldn't run whatever free game they were giving away). It told me I had to install Steam just to get my password (I've since wiped my computer and had no reason to reinstall Steam). I couldn't just get it sent to me from the site.

That's an issue.

THEN when I downloaded it, it said it wouldn't run without updating. Makes sense. "Please connect to the internet to run Steam."

:\ ???

Where am I now then, the outernet??

That's an issue.

I just redeemed the Origin keys. Without any issues. If that did not invalidate the Steam keys I'll try to sort it out tomorrow, but if it did then oh well, no biggie.

Never thought I'd see the day where EA has a humble origin bundle with everything going to charity.

Huge move on EA and Battlefield 3 is only 2 years old, though people will complain for no reason anyways.
I thought Dead Space 3 in Tier 1 = CRAZY.

That game only been out since 2013!

I figured it'd be reversed - w/ Dead Space 3 in the BTA (Tier 2); BF3 in Tier #1.

Shows what I know, even though BF3 is 2 years old (like you said).

BF3 has been $5 before on Origin.

Just curious - 

I got this for my bro's wife - she's a sims fan - donated above the average - it accepted the transaction but we never got an email or anything. Her bank account says pending. 

Is this just one of those things that's going to take some time to go through because so many people are doing it? 

Thanks. 

Ooh, great deal. I'll probably get this one, though I won't bother with the BTA games. I have BF3 on my PS3 and I have the Sims 3 in physical form. The expansion pack included is pretty nice, but not nice enough for me to use Origin for it. I'll stick with the Steam Key games.

Awesome deal.  Decided to BTA and gave away a few games I already had.  Great way to support the American Cancer Society too.  I'm really shocked EA isn't making any money off of this.  Smart PR. 

Can't wait to see what the bonus content turns out to be.  :D

Origin would be nice if it works, I install it and get "Error installing Origin" after clicking the EULA agreement.
Installing Origin right now isn't a good idea as their servers are getting worked at the moment due to high traffic from this deal. Wait until later tonight or tomorrow.

Doesn't the Ultimate Box come with all the DLC? I could be wrong on this, but that was the impression I had.
Unfoutnatly that is not the case. I don't know exactly what the ultimate box gets you exactly, maybe the motorcycles. Anyway there were several cars that until recently could not be obtained in the PC version. (They were not inclued with your ultimate box purchase and could not be purchased because they closed the in game DLC store.) They finally gave you a way to purchase them ouside of the in game store.

Although the biggest bummer for me personally is that the Big Surf Island DLC was never ported over to the PC version.

I got this for my bro's wife

Her bank account says pending.
Scandalous!

It could just be slow going through. I've had Humble Bundle do that to me once. Worst case scenario if you haven't gotten it in a week you could either contact support or just buy another.

If I order and select "send me a gift code" (I want to buy them for another origin account), would i get separate keys for each game? or one key for the whole bundle? I'm thinking of doing it just to get the sims for my daughter and DS3 for myself.

If I order and select "send me a gift code" (I want to buy them for another origin account), would i get separate keys for each game? or one key for the whole bundle? I'm thinking of doing it just to get the sims for my daughter and DS3 for myself.
That would send you a code that would gift the bundle itself to whoever used it, not the games.

It sounds like what you want to do is just buy the bundle normally, because (In this bundle at least) all the games have individual keys so you can divvy them up as you want among your family/friends.

Humble will send you a link to a page with the exact same download link format as when you buy them for yourself. ie, no difference, one code per game per platform it's available on.

Any ideas if Sims 3 pack comes with 1 key bundled or the base game + DLCs are separate keys? It's itching me to get the BTA too, but I overspent the past month and I'd rather hold myself, if I can...

Do they usually add more BTA games in a week, or just regular "Pay what you want" games? Or does it vary?

Thanks!
If you buy into the bundle before the extra games are added you'll get them, no matter what you paid. If you wait until they're announced, then you'll have to beat the average to get them too. That's the way it's always worked in the past.

If anybody doesn't need their BF3 key I'd love a copy but my paypal is borked right now and it's where my funds are.  :(

Have various codes I can trade though, including some from older bundles and such.  Long time CAG who'd be ever so grateful. 

The bonuses during the 2nd week will be:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

dHgtwGC.png

EDIT: Don't kill me if the info ends up being wrong, I got it from SPUF ;)

bread's done
Back