Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
The bonuses during the 2nd week will be:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

dHgtwGC.png

EDIT: Don't kill me if the info ends up being wrong, I got it from SPUF ;)
Damn... I like Bulletstorm and have wanted it on PC, and i'm glad they're adding Dead Space 2 to complete the collection but... I was hoping for other things lol. Like Kingdoms of Amalur Complete, Crysis 1/Warhead/3 or any of the Need for Speed games. Oh well.

Already got most of these from the Origin glitch last year, but still got this anyways. Sims 3 Starter Pack, & then MoH/Burnout on Steam is perfect. Beast mode deal.

I just got BF3 through PS+ and already have the base PS3 disc of Sims.  I have played neither of course.  Anybody know if the PC versions are better than the PS3 versions of these games?  I bought tier 1 of the bundle but am thinking about adding more to bta.

Sims 3 pack is 1 key bundled and there 1 key for BF3
Thanks man, this was helpful.

I just got BF3 through PS+ and already have the base PS3 disc of Sims. I have played neither of course. Anybody know if the PC versions are better than the PS3 versions of these games? I bought tier 1 of the bundle but am thinking about adding more to bta.
BF3 has drastically better graphics on PC, but you will need a killer machine to run it properly. Sims 3 I haven't played on console, but I imagine controls with gamepad might be harder, I believe that's a natively PC title. But, I might be wrong, considering I usually prefer keyboard + mouse over gamepad anyway.

PS: Also would love if they include ME3 or, well .. SimCity, considering the latter got probably the worst release date reviews I know of, and the first will be a good ad towards getting original ME collection. There is hope.

Man I hate these bundles :/

Too many great deals that I just have to buy hoping that my utter gaming pc will play them

and I remember to redeem them :|

thanks

Here's hope for NFS: Most Wanted as a bonus title. On the Origin Store, it's the same price as all the other games in the bundle @ $19.99 (not counting DS3 for $39.99), it has a bunch of DLC (for extra income after the bundle), and it's not on Steam so it would not have been on the list that Spoder posted.

Edit: I forgot to add that I still won't be content until EA adds Underground 2 to its Origin garage.

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

dHgtwGC.png

Well I don't have Medal of Honor Airborne, so that's nice.

Oh and I loved Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, but C&CRA3: Uprising was a real disappointment. The campaigns feel like they just threw them together (which apparently, they kinda did) and the actors all appear to be just mailing it in. Not that the acting was academy award material in C&CRA3, but there was a lot of campy fun in that game. And that fun is frankly missing in Uprising. They even managed to make Gemma Atkinson look kinda average when compared to her appearance in C&CRA3. And if that wasn't enough, they made the rather curious decision to turn the Japanese campaign into a third person action game. I couldn't bring myself to finish it despite logging 60+ hours into C&CRA3.

Obviously the game is basically free, and that's good. But IMHO, C&CRA3: Uprising is the weakest game in this bundle (assuming that the leak turns out to be correct).

Is anyone having trouble launching Battlefield 3 from Origin? When I click Play, it says Launching, syncing Cloud Data, then takes me to the Battlefield website and that's it. I don't get a screen flicker or any instance of the game running whatsoever.

Is anyone having trouble launching Battlefield 3 from Origin? When I click Play, it says Launching, syncing Cloud Data, then takes me to the Battlefield website and that's it. I don't get a screen flicker or any instance of the game running whatsoever.
It's supposed to launch the battlelog website when you launch BF3 from origin, you have to update your browser to support battlelog then you can find servers via battlelog in your browser to find games.

It sucks...but that's how it works.

Those wouldn't be a total let-down (DS2 was on my "probably'll be included" list anyway), but ME3 and Jade Empire would be amazing.

It's supposed to launch the battlelog website when you launch BF3 from origin, you have to update your browser to support battlelog then you can find servers via battlelog in your browser to find games.

It sucks...but that's how it works.
That's... stupid. That's really stupid. But alright, that's good to know. Shouldn't the game launch before that pops up though? What if I just wanted to play single player? Do I have to select that from the site as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Play Campaign button on Battlelog. Really, really, really stupid.

That's... stupid. That's really stupid. But alright, that's good to know. Shouldn't the game launch before that pops up though? What if I just wanted to play single player? Do I have to select that from the site as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Play Campaign button on Battlelog. Really, really, really stupid.
Yes you still have to launch single player through the Battlelog website. It's convoluted but it's a lot less buggy than it used to be at least.

Went ahead and threw in a dollar. I'm not sure what I'll do with the other games as I mainly only needed Mirror's Edge and Dead Space 3. Sucks I'll have to load Origin just to play DS3.

Any ideas if Sims 3 pack comes with 1 key bundled or the base game + DLCs are separate keys? It's itching me to get the BTA too, but I overspent the past month and I'd rather hold myself, if I can...
You know its a $1 buy in minimum. I'm sure you have a dollar somewhere to spare.

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

dHgtwGC.png

And I've got ALL of those, too!! This is the most awesome deal that I can't really benefit from beyond my $1 Dead Space 3. Too bad they don't clear out Medal of Honor: Warfighter which was a total flop. I never realized I had so many EA games. Then again, I'm not one of those haters who avoids them. I just get the games I want.

To drop from $4.75? Seriously? I mean being cheap is one thing but really??
No kidding. These sorts of posts (i.e. that you replied to) make be sad that I'm stuck on this planet with people like this. CAGs are all about the deal, but having a fit over a QUARTER or less is retarded. "I dunno, man. I think I'll wait and see if the average drops a dime." Because getting EIGHT GAMES that will provide DOZENS OF HOURS of entertainment for less than you'd pay for a fast food lunch (which will be in the toilet the next day) is TOO MUCH?!?!?!?!??!? ARGH!!!!!!!!!

There's a difference between being a Cheap Ass Gamer and an Entitled Whiny Ridiculous Ass Gamer. THE MONEY GOES TO CHARITY and people are trying to justify not giving the Red Cross an extra DIME?!?!?!? The retail price is $215 and you're sweating pennies?!? How selfish are you people? You'll build a $1500 gaming PC and then demand you get your software for pennies!

I bought in at $4.71 (only paid a buck, but that's what I'll have to pay to BTA if something gets added to Tier 2) and a little later it dipped 20 cents before going back to $4.72 at this writing. Oh darn, I'll have to take back a couple of cans to make that up. If only I didn't have to give the Cancer Society those two dimes! Pffft.

Agree, this is one of my issues with EA - all their games are cumbersome to launch and slow to start. It also feels like every single one of them has some "account" of some sort (Burnout, ME, etc). Really frustrating and annoying - sometimes I just want to get into the damn game with less than 3-4 clicks.

lol at waiting for the price to drop. It's only going up, and I'd expect it to go higher (especially if some bigger companies jump in with $1000+ donations).

So, uh....

What's with this "Sign in to claim this page"?

Humble has it's own accounts?  Since, you know, I can apparently retrieve "this page" at any time any reason why I should sign up?

And they're independent from everyone, right?  I don't just sign in with my Steam account or something, correct?

It's a key/download manager page, nothing more.  Simple matter of convenience so you don't have to keep track of a dozen or so bookmarks depending on how many HB's you've bought in the past.

So, uh....

What's with this "Sign in to claim this page"?

Humble has it's own accounts? Since, you know, I can apparently retrieve "this page" at any time any reason why I should sign up?

And they're independent from everyone, right? I don't just sign in with my Steam account or something, correct?
It's simply a page to keep track of your purchases and offer a convenient way to find your downloads. For example, I buy nearly every bundle but don't activate the keys right away. When I do decide to redeem and play a game, instead of sifting through my emails looking for the email for bundle XX, I can easily just log in and view all the bundles I've purchased and easily get to the keys/download page.

Can I claim this as deductible on 2013 tax return?
The short answer is no. Anytime you receive something from a 'donation' it no longer counts as tax-exempt up to the fair-value of the item. Fair value here would be the MSRP of the games. Meaning you'd have to donate more than the MSRP of the games, and then everything after that would be tax deductible.

"If your nonprofit provided any goods or services in exchange for a donation -- for example, a tote bag in return for a donation, a meal at your anniversary gala, or a fruit basket in return for the donor's winning bid at your silent auction -- only a portion of the donor's contribution is tax deductible. The donor should not claim a tax deduction for the portion of the donation that paid for the fair value of the goods and services. "

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tax-deductions-charitable-giving-nonprofits-32212.html

Can I claim this as deductible on 2013 tax return?
Nope. You're paying Humble, and they're making the donation on EA's behalf (depending on how the contract is set up), so EA and Humble get the tax break. Even if your payment was going directly to charity, you would only be able to claim the amount above and beyond the assessed value of goods received in return ($215).

[customspoiler='Edit']
markoftheninja300.jpeg
[/customspoiler]

It's simply a page to keep track of your purchases and offer a convenient way to find your downloads. For example, I buy nearly every bundle but don't activate the keys right away. When I do decide to redeem and play a game, instead of sifting through my emails looking for the email for bundle XX, I can easily just log in and view all the bundles I've purchased and easily get to the keys/download page.
Cool. Although I have no idea why you would regularly not activate whatever you purchase, this should certainly be useful since the Date Night DLC is still having technical difficulties.

The short answer is no. Anytime you receive something from a 'donation' it no longer counts as tax-exempt up to the fair-value of the item. Fair value here would be the MSRP of the games. Meaning you'd have to donate more than the MSRP of the games, and then everything after that would be tax deductible.

"If your nonprofit provided any goods or services in exchange for a donation -- for example, a tote bag in return for a donation, a meal at your anniversary gala, or a fruit basket in return for the donor's winning bid at your silent auction -- only a portion of the donor's contribution is tax deductible. The donor should not claim a tax deduction for the portion of the donation that paid for the fair value of the goods and services. "

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tax-deductions-charitable-giving-nonprofits-32212.html
I kind of just assumed that he was joking...

:shock:

Bulletstorm
Dead Space 2
Medal of Honor Airborne

dHgtwGC.png

Trying to get it to show up on the Steam DataBase.This is sweet still going to hope for the first crysis along with dead space 2.

Edit: Found the listing with all the EA apps and went through there. All those games have the same edits
10 days ago Added territorycode – -1
10 days ago Added gamecode – -1
10 days ago Added codeclass – -1
Heres to holding out that this "origin" bundle adds even more games origin exclusively or not.

So how IS Sims 3? I played the original a while ago, and it got very repetitive after a while. I assume 3 is a lot better?

I also read in the Amazon reviews it has some stability issues. Anyone have any trouble running it?

Thanks for any feedback!

So how IS Sims 3? I played the original a while ago, and it got very repetitive after a while. I assume 3 is a lot better?

I also read in the Amazon reviews it has some stability issues. Anyone have any trouble running it?

Thanks for any feedback!
Sims 2 and 3 are a LOT more complex than the original (which was too much of a science, managing your schedule, feeding, showering, working, etc). You have more time to experiment and interact in the newer Sims games. They're much, much better.

The custom user made content is awesome, too.

Awesome, BTA! I chose for my money to go the American Cancer Society as I lost family members to the disease.

bread's done
Back