Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
lol at waiting for the price to drop. It's only going up, and I'd expect it to go higher (especially if some bigger companies jump in with $1000+ donations).
If it goes up, it will only be PENNIES because they are at nearly ONE MILLION bundles sold it would take a MASSIVE donation to spike up the average price. Here's where it's currently at:

Total payments:$4,468,168.45

Number of purchases: 935,996

Average purchase: $4.77

To drive the BTA price up to $5.00 - the price of a Dorito's Taco Loco Meal Box - a single donation would have to drive the total payment # to $4,679,980; IOW a single donation of $211,811.55. Perhaps there are a couple hundred people/companies willing to kick in a grand a piece, so what? Also, if they move several hundred thousand bundles a day at normal average prices, it will get even harder to jack the average. Besides, if you've got a computer that can run BF3, you can afford a Lincoln to get EIGHT GAMES.

As I said above, the knowledge that there are people quibbling over a freaking QUARTER to get EIGHT GAMES and EXCLUSIVELY HELP CHARITIES disgusts me. How selfish and entitled are these people that they think paying a few cents more to charity is a ripoff?!?

So how IS Sims 3? I played the original a while ago, and it got very repetitive after a while. I assume 3 is a lot better?

I also read in the Amazon reviews it has some stability issues. Anyone have any trouble running it?

Thanks for any feedback!
The Sims 3 is great, if you ask me. They've gotten better w/ each Sims base game, IMHO. I've been a big fan of the Sims since Sims 1. But, yeah - like Idiotekque said. Sims 3 (base game) got a lot more going on than the older Sims on their base game's have.

Only thing that drives me nuts about Sims - trying to keep up w/ all their damn expansions is ridiculous; especially if you're A CAG! ;)

BTW - I have Sims 3 (base game) + Late Night + Showtime + Generations.

Sims series is always that game I always wind-up back to. For me - TDU2, Skyrim, and Sims games are on that list of games I have my fill for a while with; go away for a bit time; and then somehow later eventually wind-up back; repeat cycle again.

Cool. Although I have no idea why you would regularly not activate whatever you purchase, this should certainly be useful since the Date Night DLC is still having technical difficulties.
What's up with the Date Night DLC? Yesterday there was a code to redeem which I unfortunately didn't save off anywhere, earlier today there was a note on the page about technical difficulties, now it's completely gone from my keys page. One of the main reasons I did the BTA was for the the Sims3 DLC since I already owned the base game, I hope they haven't removed this completely from the bundle.

What's up with the Date Night DLC? Yesterday there was a code to redeem which I unfortunately didn't save off anywhere, earlier today there was a note on the page about technical difficulties, now it's completely gone from my keys page. One of the main reasons I did the BTA was for the the Sims3 DLC since I already owned the base game, I hope they haven't removed this completely from the bundle.
I think some of the Date Night keys were showing up as invalid so they took them down. They should replace them with working keys later.

I think some of the Date Night keys were showing up as invalid so they took them down. They should replace them with working keys later.
There was a message that Date Night keys would be posted later due to technical difficulties. That message has been removed, which does tend to suggest that the Date Night DLC has simply been eliminated from the bundle.

Edit: The page detailing the DLC included with The Sims 3 originally read as follows:

Below is a list of the included DLC with The Sims 3:

The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Date Night

The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack and High End Loft Stuff are included as part of The Sims 3 Starter Pack and will be added to your Origin account when redeeming your provided Origin key from your download page.

The Sims 3 Date Night is an add-on pack that can be redeemed through the Sims 3 community site. To redeem follow these steps:

All mention of Date Night has since been removed from this page, which further suggests that the Date Night DLC will not be coming.

If it goes up, it will only be PENNIES because they are at nearly ONE MILLION bundles sold it would take a MASSIVE donation to spike up the average price. Here's where it's currently at:

Total payments:$4,468,168.45
Number of purchases: 935,996

To drive the BTA price up to $5.00 - the price of a Dorito's Taco Loco Meal Box - a single donation would have to drive the total payment # to $4,679,980; IOW a single donation of $211,811.55. Perhaps there are a couple hundred people/companies willing to kick in a grand a piece, so what? Also, if they move several hundred thousand bundles a day at normal average prices, it will get even harder to jack the average. Besides, if you've got a computer that can run BF3, you can afford a Lincoln to get EIGHT GAMES.

As I said above, the knowledge that there are people quibbling over a freaking QUARTER to get EIGHT GAMES and EXCLUSIVELY HELP CHARITIES disgusts me. How selfish and entitled are these people that they think paying a few cents more to charity is a ripoff?!?
Well, I got the BTA yesterday when the sales were at about a million and only paid $4.45 I think, so it has gone up and it probably will continue too. Just saying its pointless to wait.

So how IS Sims 3? I played the original a while ago, and it got very repetitive after a while. I assume 3 is a lot better?

I also read in the Amazon reviews it has some stability issues. Anyone have any trouble running it?

Thanks for any feedback!
All Sims games are repetitive. When you go to work, go on a date, take a shower, or rearrange furniture in your home just pretend you're playing Sims. Only without the fast forward button.

I have all these games already, but ended up donating as well since the causes alone make it worth it. Most of my money went to the American Cancer Society and American Red Cross.

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed but I've read this and confirmed that the steam key itself is usable in both Steam and Origin.

You just need to go into your steam client and view the cd-key itself.  copy it and use that to redeem in Origin.

Then gift your Origin key to your buddy!

Agree, this is one of my issues with EA - all their games are cumbersome to launch and slow to start. It also feels like every single one of them has some "account" of some sort (Burnout, ME, etc). Really frustrating and annoying - sometimes I just want to get into the damn game with less than 3-4 clicks.
Not to mention you're paying for a 16gb Chrome extension technically. I mean you're not paying much in this case, but I would have been more than aggravated had I paid full price for it at launch.

All Sims games are repetitive. When you go to work, go on a date, take a shower, or rearrange furniture in your home just pretend you're playing Sims. Only without the fast forward button.
There's a lot more to them then that, but if you're a troll with no imagination, they probably aren't your kind of game.

There was a message that Date Night keys would be posted later due to technical difficulties. That message has been removed, which does tend to suggest that the Date Night DLC has simply been eliminated from the bundle.

Edit: The page detailing the DLC included with The Sims 3 originally read as follows:

All mention of Date Night has since been removed from this page, which further suggests that the Date Night DLC will not be coming.
Even if they no longer are wanting/able to give it out to new purchases I would assume that they would give it to those who have purchased the bundle before it was removed or provide something comparable. It's not that I think "they're screwing us" considering all the value we are getting for as little as a dollar, it's that some people will complain as they may have chucked in a few dollars just for The Sims 3 and its DLC.

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed but I've read this and confirmed that the steam key itself is usable in both Steam and Origin.

You just need to go into your steam client and view the cd-key itself. copy it and use that to redeem in Origin.

Then gift your Origin key to your buddy!
It seems you need to have the game installed in order to view the cd-key. Unless I'm doing something wrong. If the games do need to be installed, screw that, I'm on a monthly data cap of 80GB. Will have to get those keys later on down the road.

It seems you need to have the game installed in order to view the cd-key. Unless I'm doing something wrong. If the games do need to be installed, screw that, I'm on a monthly data cap of 80GB. Will have to get those keys later on down the road.
Just start the download and you'll be able to see the key and then you can cancel the download.

Well it just blew past ONE MILLION BUNDLES sold in about 1 day, 11-1/2 hours. The totals now:

Total payments: $4,796,129.99

Number of purchases:1,000,905

Amazing and this is only the second day!

Even if they no longer are wanting/able to give it out to new purchases I would assume that they would give it to those who have purchased the bundle before it was removed or provide something comparable. It's not that I think "they're screwing us" considering all the value we are getting for as little as a dollar, it's that some people will complain as they may have chucked in a few dollars just for The Sims 3 and its DLC.
It's also the way they are handling this, editing my page after purchase to remove a serial# is pretty low down tactics. I sent an email to support, will see how they resolve it. I'm going to think twice about including a humble tip if I buy any future bundles, that's for sure. I wonder if Date Night may be something that had originally been planned to add to the bundle at a later date and they screwed up buy including it initially.

It's also the way they are handling this, editing my page after purchase to remove a serial# is pretty low down tactics. I sent an email to support, will see how they resolve it. I'm going to think twice about including a humble tip if I buy any future bundles, that's for sure. I wonder if Date Night may be something that had originally been planned to add to the bundle at a later date and they screwed up buy including it initially.
You still get Date Night. The "DLC" in question is just some extra outfits and random stuff. Date Night itself is an expansion, not a DLC.

I do think it's retarded though. I had the key on my page just fine. Why the hell they removed it makes no sense.

You still get Date Night. The "DLC" in question is just some extra outfits and random stuff. Date Night itself is an expansion, not a DLC.

I do think it's retarded though. I had the key on my page just fine. Why the hell they removed it makes no sense.
Are you sure it comes with Date Night? According to the Humble Page the starter pack only includes Late Night and High End Loft Stuff:

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1259953-sims-3-dlc---humble-origin-bundle

Date Night is just wildly overpriced Sims Store microtransaction garbage.  You think refreshing Steam once every 8 hours to catch up on the new flash deals is annoying?  Try watching the Sims Daily Deal page.  That shit changes every 1-2 hours.  Source?  I was one of those morons who spent weeks trying to buy a goddamned chunk of greenhouse just so a lot I downloaded wouldn't have missing textures.  And when that greenhouse bit actually went on sale, it sold out in less than a minute.  THAT'S RIGHT!  THEY PUT ARTIFICIAL LIMITS ON FAKE COSMETIC ITEMS!  

I understand that blah blah false adverblah and broken promisblah and whatever, but IMO, you're better off without it.  Stay away from anything to do with the Sims Store, there is plenty of free user-made crap on the internet to bloat up your games.  Seriously, it takes me about 10 minutes just to load my current world.

Unrelated, The Sims 3 is a fantastic sandbox, regardless of how you feel about the insanely ludicrous monetizing.  Get essential mods here

Hard to say. When I clicked on the "how to redeem this" link on the "Date Night DLC" thing (before it was removed) it explained that they were extra outfits and whatnot. Didn't come across as being the expansion at all.
Yeah, looks like you are right, it's just outfits, so probably not a big deal. EA's description of the starter packs says it should include that code though:

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-3-starter-pack?websso=1

Bonus Downloadable Content*

• Date Night! Whether your Sim is charming their way to the front of the club line or dancing the night away, have them dress to impress with the Date Night collection!

* Redeem bonus content (download code included in pack) through The Sims 3 Store.

If the Origin Twitter account is any indication, EA is providing abysmal customer service; Sims 3 code redemption issues persist; and Humble and EA may be playing ping pong with support requests. There have been a few walls of text in this thread basically saying that we should have no expectations of service, because proceeds are going to charity. Really?

I agree that the Date Night DLC needs to somehow be included in this. I don't care what issues they are having. That content alone is worth about $11.70 right now (normally $19.50) through the Sims Store, so I could easily see how people bought this pack just for that alone. A large majority of people did not, no doubt, but at over a million bundles sold, there have to be a lot of people that did.

Someone on the steamgifts forum stated that his Origin account shows Date Night after he redeemed the Sims 3 key.  It sounds like the fix is having the existing key activate Date Night as well.

Someone on the steamgifts forum stated that his Origin account shows Date Night after he redeemed the Sims 3 key. It sounds like the fix is having the existing key activate Date Night as well.
Hm.. just looked up the post you were talking about and found it. I bet he's confusing it with the Late Night DLC though. I haven't seen anyone else say they have Date Night on Origin.

EDIT: Weird.. My humble bundle page now shows 3 new keys for The Sims 3 and both expansions.

Huh, I had already redeemed the Sims 3 starter pack before this change...Guess I have an extra set of codes for that now...

EDIT: Weird.. My humble bundle page now shows 3 new keys for The Sims 3 and both expansions.
Yes, I have codes for both the High End Loft Stuff and Late Night on my page as well now. I've copied them off to a separate file in case they disappear again. Still nothing for Date Night though.

In terms of the campaigns of Medal of Honor and Battlefield 3 how scripted is the enemy AI? Are the encounters more sandbox or roller-coaster basically?

If the Origin Twitter account is any indication, EA is providing abysmal customer service; Sims 3 code redemption issues persist; and Humble and EA may be playing ping pong with support requests. There have been a few walls of text in this thread basically saying that we should have no expectations of service, because proceeds are going to charity. Really?
Sigh. More ignorant entitled whining. If you look at the past Humble Bundle sales figures you can see that this bundle is the most successful ever, selling 26% more Bundles in two DAYS than the THQ Bundle sold in two WEEKS. This is as if 6-8 million games have been sold in two days which would test the capacity of any company's systems and by sheer law of averages at any time, people will have problems.

Let's pick a random number, say 5% of customers have an issue; if a normal day sees 50,000 copies of all games sell, in two days (100K sold) there may be 5,000 people needing help. We're talking 6.6 to 8.8 million sold (1.1M x 6 or 8 games) which is 66-88 times normal sales levels and perhaps 330,000-440,000 people with issues. Looking at the Origin Twitter feed shows 3-7 reply tweets per hour and some of those are non-support related. There are some busy hours yesterday with 20 tweets, but based on this flood of new purchases, this is statistically nothing.

No one here that I've seen has said that "we should have no expectations of service, because proceeds are going to charity" - if anyone has said anything on the subject it's that perhaps a little patience and understanding for the situation may be in order. While the entitled crybabies may yelp, "EA should've anticipated this and added extra support!!! Gimme my Date Night DLC you farging bastages!!!" - because EA should expand their support crew 50-fold for a couple of weeks, train and equip them, then lay them off when the rush is over? - mature people know that things will eventually settle down. At noon Wednesday, no one bitching now was in the market for a bunch of EA games, but the world must immediately yield to their demands for instant gratification.

Hundreds of people have been killed and thousands more wounded in Egypt in the past few days, but the inability to get some fake clothes for their digital people are the worst thing in some crybabies lives. Boo-friggedy-hoo! Congratulations, in the pantheon of First World Problems, you are beset with the firstest.

In terms of the campaigns of Medal of Honor and Battlefield 3 how scripted is the enemy AI? Are the encounters more sandbox or roller-coaster basically?
They're both spunkgargleweewee games in the Madden Warfare model of extremely linear, lead-the-player-by-his-nose-ring-from-set piece-to-set piece gameplay. I found them both pretty boring and haven't even finished MoH because whenever I fire it up, I'm usually shutting it down 10-15 minutes later. BF3 looks great, but it's trying too hard to echo COD's Baysplosions style. It looks super-pretty (provided you have a brawny rig), but it's still linear. BF4 is supposed to be more open in how you can attack situations, but the fun is in the MP; I don't think BF3 needed a scripted campaign, but they felt they needed it to compete with COD.

I think that they should add Battlefield Premium as a bump more than some of the other titles being mentioned because the base game shipped with only 9 maps and several of those never seem to be played. The additional 20 maps Premium brought added a lot. Then again, that may be EA's goal - "give away" the base game and make some cash selling the rest of the fun.

I remember a while back my Origin account got hacked and never bothered to recover it seeing as all I had was BF3 and then the collection of free ones from that Origin coupon fiasco.

I am tempted to just make a new account completely with this bundle then and not even try and recover my old one hahah
this is exactly what I am going to do
and that is exactly what I had on my account when it got hacked
I think ea just gave me enough confidence in them to buy titanfall on pc and im pretty excited about it
especially since ill have an origin account again

As much as I've hated EA and Origin in the past, this has actually changed my mind about them. They still aren't my favorite, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Also, most of these games are incredibly well optimized. I get better framerates in DS3 and MOH than i do with many 4+ year old games.

As much as I've hated EA and Origin in the past, this has actually changed my mind about them. They still aren't my favorite, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Also, most of these games are incredibly well optimized. I get better framerates in DS3 and MOH than i do with many 4+ year old games.
In all honesty Origin (and UPlay) have made great improvements in the past year(s). I dusted off my Origin account last Christmas when I picked up Kingdom's of Amalur, and was pleasantly surprised at all the improvements they had made. Plus, people always love to complain about customer service, but to be honest I've never had customer service half as bad as Steam. We all love them for their sales, but if you have a problem Steam customer service is shite. EA has historically been faster and more accommodating than Steam (although that still leaves room for heavy improvement)

Don't know if anyone already answered this or not, but didnt someone say when you redeem the steam keys you get an additional Origin key?  If this is true, where do you get the key from?  I redeemed all of the steam keys.

I have no bias either way against EA/Origin, I'm a filthy neutral.  This bundle was definitely worth it to me just for Dead Space 3.

Don't know if anyone already answered this or not, but didnt someone say when you redeem the steam keys you get an additional Origin key? If this is true, where do you get the key from? I redeemed all of the steam keys.
You can enter the Steam key into Origin and unlock it that way (supposedly, I have not tried and can not verify this information)

Pretty sure you have activate the Steam key, and then activate the CD key on Origin. The Steam key and CD key aren't the same
Right.

On Steam w/in the client-program, you right-click on the game - and if there's a "CD key", that's what you'd register onto Origin.

That's how I did it w/ Steam-versions of DAO Ultimate & Burnout Paradise to get them activated onto Origin.

I have no bias either way against EA/Origin, I'm a filthy neutral. This bundle was definitely worth it to me just for Dead Space 3.
Same here.

So far, I've spent somewhere b/t 3-4 hours w/ Dead Space 3 PC just last night alone.

So, this game feels...a bit different. Granted, I'm playing on Normal here - and I don't know if ammo conversing is more important in harder difficulties or what. Any of you guys know much on that from experience; or from what you heard/read from other gamers and/or in reviews?

Anyways, this game actually feels even more action-y than Dead Space 2 - and yes, I really liked both Dead Space 1 and 2 a lot. I'm not too sure yet if this change is a good thing, bad thing - or, probably more likely, just a different thing entirely here. I also seem to be always getting resources from just killing & stomping enemies - feels almost ARPG-like (like say Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2) here. I felt like I did more ammo conserving in the previous 2 games, as opposed to Dead Space 3 - by far. The game's weapon-crafting and upgrading system is actually pretty cool - but, it doesn't seem like something that you'd expect in a "horror-survival" game. Though, like I said, I'm still asking this question - "Is this even a survival-horror" game anymore? It's feeling more like an action game on Normal - can't speak for other difficulties. This game doesn't seem to be giving me those tense and frightful moments like Dead Space 1 did - but, on the other hand, the set-pieces and action here are pretty damn good.

So far, this game's very well put-together, to say the least. I'm certainly digging it, so far.

Must keep playing.

They're both spunkgargleweewee games in the Madden Warfare model of extremely linear, lead-the-player-by-his-nose-ring-from-set piece-to-set piece gameplay. I found them both pretty boring and haven't even finished MoH because whenever I fire it up, I'm usually shutting it down 10-15 minutes later. BF3 looks great, but it's trying too hard to echo COD's Baysplosions style.
Just when I think there's no hope for you, you go and surprise me. Warms my heart.

The "The Sims 3 Date Night DLC will appear here, after some technical difficulties are sorted out!" notice is back on my humble key page.

Same here.

So far, I've spent somewhere b/t 3-4 hours w/ Dead Space 3 PC just last night alone.

So, this game feels...a bit different. Granted, I'm playing on Normal here - and I don't know if ammo conversing is more important in harder difficulties or what. Any of you guys know much on that from experience; or from what you heard/read from other gamers and/or in reviews?

Anyways, this game actually feels even more action-y than Dead Space 2 - and yes, I really liked both Dead Space 1 and 2 a lot. I'm not too sure yet if this change is a good thing, bad thing - or, probably more likely, just a different thing entirely here. I also seem to be always getting resources from just killing & stomping enemies - feels almost ARPG-like (like say Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2) here. I felt like I did more ammo conserving in the previous 2 games, as opposed to Dead Space 3 - by far. The game's weapon-crafting and upgrading system is actually pretty cool - but, it doesn't seem like something that you'd expect in a "horror-survival" game. Though, like I said, I'm still asking this question - "Is this even a survival-horror" game anymore? It's feeling more like an action game on Normal - can't speak for other difficulties. This game doesn't seem to be giving me those tense and frightful moments like Dead Space 1 did - but, on the other hand, the set-pieces and action here are pretty damn good.

So far, this game's very well put-together, to say the least. I'm certainly digging it, so far.

Must keep playing.
i wish i could like dead space one when fucking evil mutated thingy mjob kick my ass every time i tried and mysterd do u think there going to be 2nd tier of bonus?

bread's done
Back