Humble Voxatron Debut/Bundle has ended

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
There's a new Humble "Bundle" out, The Humble Voxatron Debut. Right now it only includes an alpha for Voxatron, but like other bundles, expect more to be added is it goes on. As usual, it's pay what you want and part of your payment will go to charity by default.

This game is still an alpha and is available as a direct download only. There's currently no indication of Steam or Desura keys coming in the future for this game.

Games in this bundle:
* Only available to those who purchased before 11/1 at 10 AM PST and new buyers who pay more than the average.

Update 11/1:
Blocks That Matter and The Binding of Isaac have been added to the bundle. There is a Steam key for the bundle that unlocks both as well as the BoI soundtrack (Steam DLC). If you've already purchased the bundle you have access to them now. Future buyers must beat the average price to get them.

Update 11/9:
Four new games have been added. They are Gish, Jasper's Journey, Chocolate Castle, and Zen Puzzle Garden. Only Gish is on Steam and a separate key is available for it.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']I dropped a measly dollar on it yesterday. Never bought an indie game before. Didn't expect to get another two with it. I'll be making sure to get more in the future.[/QUOTE]

Cue indie bundle addiction in 5...4...3...2...

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I dropped a measly dollar on it yesterday. Never bought an indie game before. Didn't expect to get another two with it. I'll be making sure to get more in the future.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, this is typically what I do too. This time they managed to "beat me" by pulling out the other two games and minimum purchase trick before I could part with my dastardly dollar. They win.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Cue indie bundle addiction in 5...4...3...2...[/QUOTE]

If I can keep getting games bundled like this for a few bucks....they got me.

Yeah i bit. i cant stop buying these things and building my Steam lib. I think Ive gotten ma monies worth definitely.

Never bought an indie game before? Oh such innocence. How I wish I could be you.

Don't go down this road. Turn back while you can. Buying indie games can only bring disappointment and frustration.

Joking aside, really glad Blocks That Matter got added. But to have to curse my Steam window with tripe like Binding of Isaac... I don't know if it is worth the shame.

I got this yesterday. Didn't even bother to look at what the game(s) was or anything. Kind of a habit now since I own every Humble Bundle. I still haven't played the game, but it looks fun. Reminds me of a 3d Terraria and 3d Dot Game Heroes (w/shooting) which I haven't played in months. While, I'm not too thrilled about an "alpha" stage game, I hope they don't make a habit of it. Did that other alpha game that was in a previous bundle called Splot or something ever get released yet?

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Did that other alpha game that was in a previous bundle called Splot or something ever get released yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']If I can keep getting games bundled like this for a few bucks....they got me.[/QUOTE]

Why yes, yes you can. Between the Humble Bundles every couple months and the new bi-weekly IndieRoyale Bundles (CAG thread here), you can be swimming in super affordable indie games in no time.

You'll be one of us in no time!

[quote name='RollingSkull']Never bought an indie game before? Oh such innocence. How I wish I could be you.

Don't go down this road. Turn back while you can. Buying indie games can only bring disappointment and frustration.
[/QUOTE]

Quiet, you. ;)

[quote name='deviousnaraku']3d Terraria[/QUOTE]

I know what you meant by this comment, but still, just seems like such a ridiculous thing to say that I had to laugh:lol:

A new version of Voxatron is now available. The most notable change is customizable control schemes for keyboard, k+m, and joystick. If you were put off by the controls before you should download this and give it another shot.

edit: I can confirm that it works well with a 360 controller.

Definitely jumped in on this one as soon as they added the other two games. They'll probably throw a few more in too by the time this is over (hopefully). Love the Humble Bundles.

So let me get this straight, the early adopters could pay what they want and get the whole bundle when it was finally revealed but people late to the game have to pay the above average price to get the whole bundle?

[quote name='hollowfreak']So let me get this straight, the early adopters could pay what they want and get the whole bundle when it was finally revealed but people late to the game have to pay the above average price to get the whole bundle?[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straightm you saw it for one game and refused to pay any paltry amount you could to charity/developers, but when they add two more games to it and you want it then, you expect them for $1?

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']So let me get this straightm you saw it for one game and refused to pay any paltry amount you could to charity/developers, but when they add two more games to it and you want it then, you expect them for $1?[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight you're starting shit with me for no apparent reason other than to be a dick and armed with nothing but assumptions?

For the record I wasn't really interested in the first game and I posted that question after i had already purchased the bundle and not that I should have to explain myself but I usually buy multiple copies and give them away to people that wouldn't have bought any of the games to begin with. That way they get more money and exposure and I'm not just copying the DRM free exe and giving it away like someone else might do.

[quote name='hollowfreak'] . . . I usually buy multiple copies and give them away to people that wouldn't have bought any of the games to begin with. That way they get more money and exposure and I'm not just copying the DRM free exe and giving it away like someone else might do.[/QUOTE]

I usually do this too, but five bucks is high for giving away for me, and I'm not gonna give people just Voxatron. :(

Lesson learned, gotta be quick out of the gate on these.

New games!

Gish
Jasper's Journey
Chocolate Castle
Zen Puzzle Garden

Gish has a Steam key and the others are direct download only.

The last three games are by Lexaloffe. In addition to Voxatron there are two more games on their website. That could mean another update before this is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SteveGo']I have an extra Gish key if anyone wants it, apparently I got it from a previous bundle:

W9RXC-3035Y-9QXR3[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I nabbed vox but I guess you have to pay the full price to get the rest.

[quote name='doodofdoods']So I guess we aren't getting the last bundle offered up as a bonus. Missed that one, not really sure I want this one.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for that myself - that one ended before i got to it.

Just a little bit over 5 hours left, if you're interested

Unless there is a flurry of purchases over the next few hours, it looks like this will end up as the lowest grossing bundle to date.

A bundle which featured an Alpha game as it's flagship title not selling well? Go figure.

[quote name='The End']Just a little bit over 5 hours left, if you're interested

Unless there is a flurry of purchases over the next few hours, it looks like this will end up as the lowest grossing bundle to date.

A bundle which featured an Alpha game as it's flagship title not selling well? Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Almost $900,000 for a thinner bundle headed by an alpha-state game? I'd call that pretty damn impressive. That's far more than I expected they would do on this one.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Almost $900,000 for a thinner bundle headed by an alpha-state game? I'd call that pretty damn impressive. That's far more than I expected they would do on this one.[/QUOTE]

You know, now that I think of it, you’re right. I was thinking of it in terms of comparing this bundle to past bundles. You can’t really do that though. For reasons that are pretty obvious, this bundle was unique.

An hour and a half left on this one for those interested.

bread's done
Back