Humorous Books?

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
As i've mentioned in a few other posts, I do speech on my schools speech and debate team. Since i do HI (humorous interpretation- solo acting a funny scene), I'm going to need to find a funny book (the piece has to be published) for next year.

I've had a few ideas, but all of them have their flaws

So basically, does anyone have recommendations for a funny book that would work?

Specifically, I need something 7-10 minutes long (I can cut something longer) and lots of dialogue is recommended

I am not sure what types of books you are looking for (fiction, biography, etc.). Catch-22 was the funniest fictional book I have read. It is the only book I remember where I would laugh out loud while reading. It has a lot of dialogue, but I am not sure how it would work for you scene.

Good luck.

[quote name='tinskat']I am not sure what types of books you are looking for (fiction, biography, etc.). Catch-22 was the funniest fictional book I have read. It is the only book I remember where I would laugh out loud while reading. It has a lot of dialogue, but I am not sure how it would work for you scene.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. Catch-22 was tops on my list too.

I'll throw in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy as well.

Yes. HHGtG is good for that.
Marvin the Paranoid android's hatred for those darn smug doors is a great scene, as well as many others.

catch 22 sounds like a good idea, possibly even as a DI (Dramatic Interp- HI's emo brother)

HHGtG was second on my list (First being Real Ultimate Power: the official ninja book, but someone much better than me from another team is planning on doing it)

I was either planning on doing the beginning (still may, depending on how much the movie changes things) up to escaping from the vogons) or resteraunt at the end of the universe ("would you like to meet the meat?")

Anything by Dave Barry is hilarious, though I don't believe any of it would work for acting; the content is mostly his thoughts and observations, with little dialogue.

[quote name='javeryh']Any Calvin & Hobbes book should do the trick. Just pick a running story (there are tons) and there you go![/QUOTE]

heh, my friends did that for their duo (HI/DI with two people) this year.

They actually won two trophies

Brain Droppings by George Carlin is a real funny book. I remember I was laughing outloud by myself in the LAX! It's hilarious! His follow up though, is not as funny! Cheers!

bread's done
Back