Hunted: The Demon's Forge & Brink (360/PS3) $16.99 Each at Amazon

It would have been nice if it was this price when Fist of the North Star was on sale so that I could have picked up both at the same time and got the free shipping.

[quote name='The Smilkman']It would have been nice if it was this price when Fist of the North Star was on sale so that I could have picked up both at the same time and got the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Brink is as bad as the hype would have you believe.

Hunted is full of poorly realized great ideas. Had the core combat been just a bit more fun it would have been a charming classic genre buster. Instead, it is just a charming forgettable mess. I enjoyed it well enough though but I cant recommend it unreservedly. I did so earlier and I apologize. Was still enamored with the early game

Brink is fun on PC, but then again I hear it has had a good deal of patching. Don't expect a good single player experience, however. It's basically like any Unreal Tournament title in that single player is just multiplayer w/bots. If you can find a good server w/ real people, that is where it shines and is quite enjoyable.

Hunted is like an RPG Gears of War style game but it feels all very predetermined (linear) and reminds me of doom2/quake in terms of progressing through areas (find key, open door, find key, open door).

I bought Brink for 9.99 free shipping new from gohastings like a week and a half ago and I feel like I wasted my money and I was being generous and giving it as much of a chance as I could. I felt ripped off at 9.99 and that's bad for me. The game teeters on unplayable in some places..,it's really an awful mess.

[quote name='oscargrouch']At $10 I'd jump on either, gonna wait it out.[/QUOTE]
You can go to BBY, pick up an @gamer mag for $5, use the '$20 off Hunted' coupon and the game drops to $10. So out the door its $15 (plus tax) and the 360 version is currently trading in at AMZ for $15.

[quote name='musicjunkie']You can go to BBY, pick up an @gamer mag for $5, use the '$20 off Hunted' coupon and the game drops to $10. So out the door its $15 (plus tax) and the 360 version is currently trading in at AMZ for $15.[/QUOTE]

After tax I might as well just order from Amazon and get it delivered, thus avoiding general best buy douchebaggery

[quote name='musicjunkie']You can go to BBY, pick up an @gamer mag for $5, use the '$20 off Hunted' coupon and the game drops to $10. So out the door its $15 (plus tax) and the 360 version is currently trading in at AMZ for $15.[/QUOTE]It's foolish to pay $5 instead of getting the $15 sub/unlocked every month there's people debating the same $hit when there's a good stack. After the second $5 mag their like oh should've got the sub. There was a $10/yr offer months ago people still didn't jump on it now those people have 2 yrs of subs for $10 or $0.50/issue plus they send 2 yr sub deals in email.

[quote name='Enuf']It's foolish to pay $5 instead of getting the $15 sub/unlocked every month there's people debating the same $hit when there's a good stack. After the second $5 mag their like oh should've got the sub. There was a $10/yr offer months ago people still didn't jump on it now those people have 2 yrs of subs for $10 or $0.50/issue plus they send 2 yr sub deals in email.[/QUOTE]

Add to that, the fact that the coupons inside basically pay for the magazine.

bread's done
Back