Hybrid5006 Lowball

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bytemap']excuse my ignorance, but what does "no rolling end time" mean?[/QUOTE]

If an auction has a rolling end time, then if an item gets a bid at the last minute, the end time for that item is extended to give other people a chance to bid. This continues until people stop bidding for a set amount of time (e.g. 10 minutes), and then the auction is over for good. It limits the effectiveness of snipes since others have a chance to rebid.

No rolling end time means the auction ends when it says it ends.

[quote name='video_gamer324']If an auction has a rolling end time, then if an item gets a bid at the last minute, the end time for that item is extended to give other people a chance to bid. This continues until people stop bidding for a set amount of time (e.g. 10 minutes), and then the auction is over for good. It limits the effectiveness of snipes since others have a chance to rebid.

No rolling end time means the auction ends when it says it ends.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't know that at all. But is it always a set time like 10 minutes? Because a lot of us sniped at the last minute, well not all, just a few. Guess we wait for Hybrid then?...I honestly don't know.:newbie:

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']where is hybrid? :p[/quote]

Just got back from work guys... gimme a few minutes to read everything and catch up on whats going on...

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Just got back from work guys... gimme a few minutes to read everything and catch up on whats going on...[/quote]

Welcome back, it was a fun auction. :)

ooh... I gotta see the outcome (**waits patiently biting nails**) :)
hey y2jd, do you mean in case of that "no rolling end time"? that videogamer mentioned?

[quote name='bytemap']ooh... I gotta see the outcome (**waits patiently biting nails**) :)
hey y2jd, do you mean in case of that "no rolling end time"? that videogamer mentioned?[/quote]

No, he meant he hopes Hybrid didn't mind him posting a link to his own lowball thread.

Oh, my bad, man I have to get with the terms. sorry about that,
on the other note, I would say you won as well y2jd, but that is for Hybrid to determine, I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth

Wow...cool. Thanks. I'm flattered :) I'm digging this auction even more with chaps like yourself.
Again no offense to anyone else, just expressing my thanks to Trollsmeesh ;)

BTW, just checked out your Trade List and I know for a fact Right Stuf Anime is having a blowout, think it was mentioned here in CAG, and they are selling Cowboy Bebop Remix DVD for I think $3-6 per volume.

Honestly, when I made the auction, I meant to end it at 9 PM (inclusive), but I see how that can be confusing...

So I will honor bids up to 9, but not including 9. My philosophy, at work we close the doors at exactly 9 and not 9:01, so I guess this would be a similar situation...

(that means you got it y2jd)

I'm gonna update the first post with winners ASAP

Oh...LOL, guess I was just a bit too slow. and you got it before rtooby and myself. so it was close :)
all of us nail biting.. hehe.(well me at least)

All looks well, no one is missing, no mistakes made, just saw this though:

Freemason won Daxter-$1, it doesn't have what was won listed. and
integralsmatic won Metropolis.

Other than that, it is great :)

[quote name='bytemap']All looks well, no one is missing, no mistakes made, just saw this though:

Freemason won Daxter-$1, it doesn't have what was won listed. and
integralsmatic won Metropolis.

Other than that, it is great :)[/quote]

good eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back