Hyrule Historia Limited Edition at Amazon.de & Amazon.fr ~$75-$85 shipped!

Gamer SDP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (98%)
Amazon Germany
http://www.amazon.de/The-Legend-Zelda-Historia-Collectors/dp/1616551615/

Amazon France
http://www.amazon.fr/The-Legend-Zelda-Historia-Collectors/dp/1616551615/

I placed an order at Amazon.de a few days ago and the order did not show my total in USD for some reason. Placed another other recently which showed a total of around $77 shipped.
ETA is end of Feb to first week of March.

Despite having a lower list price (and France being closer), the total came to around $81 shipped.
ETA is first two weeks of March.

Yeah, I already had an order in with Germany from a few days back, but I decided to throw one in on France to(it couldn't hurt right?)

[quote name='trunks982']germany seems to be cheaper. got it from there. thanks.
Is it going to be in English print?[/QUOTE]
Both of them say Printed in English.

[quote name='MrBoss']Did these guys oversell like Amazon UK?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Additionally, they're not listed as official retailers for this item either... can't hurt to try, I guess.

I'm not ordering just because I can't even figure out how to track my order, and wouldn't understand the emails they sent me. So many checkmarks and buttons with weird words that I'd probably accidentally end up ordering some $5000 piece of cardboard. :)

[quote name='zerotl']I've never ordered from a third world country, how does this work? ;)[/QUOTE]

Joke's been done. Get your own material.
Thanks op, in for one.

Not one of these will ship, it's a listing error. Same as amazon.uk. The division of amazon.de or any other international version have no idea the books even limited. Amazon.de had the art of final fantasy listed right up until their release date. They still have a version of it for pre-order (the rare one, not the new slipcase version). That tells you how bad they are at knowing stock levels.

Enjoy maybe this rare book will ship as well.;)

http://www.amazon.de/The-Sky-Art-Fi...817X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359581416&sr=8-1

[quote name='Youngnoble']Not one of these will ship, it's a listing error. Same as amazon.uk. The division of amazon.de or any other international version have no idea the books even limited. Amazon.de had the art of final fantasy listed right up until their release date. They still have a version of it for pre-order (the rare one, not the new slipcase version). That tells you how bad they are at knowing stock levels.

Enjoy maybe this rare book will ship as well.;)

http://www.amazon.de/The-Sky-Art-Fi...817X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359581416&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Looks like a different edition than the ultra expensive one
http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Art-Final...r_1_27?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359581847&sr=1-27

If any of you get the book when you're trying to preorder this late, I'll eat my cat.

...okay, maybe not. But you guys aren't getting this when it's this late into the game. Sorry to be pessimistic.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']If any of you get the book when you're trying to preorder this late, I'll eat my cat.

...okay, maybe not. But you guys aren't getting this when it's this late into the game. Sorry to be pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. But I ordered one in the offchance they actually are available. I got the green one already, but I'd LOVE to have the CE version for collection purposes.

it is likely these will get canceled but who knows.

Also by looking through the posts, I have a feeling who the 3 people who one starred this are :cool:

That link with a active pre-order is for the rare one with the signature. They won't get any but I was just showing how incompetent amazon.de was with knowing their stock.

Taken from description of active link:
Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and the limited-edition The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy boxed set is a giant-sized (462 cubic inches!), signed collection of five books, plus bonus items that showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! The 12 high 11" wide and 3 1/2" deep box that encloses The Sky has a hinged lid decorated with artwork from Amano inside and out. Its contents include: Three 11 3/4" by 10 1/2" hardcover books printed on high-quality stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I - III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV - VI and Volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII - X. All About Yoshitaka Amano is 128 pages of photographs and images serving as the most extensive look ever in English at the artist including an interview with Amano a timeline of his career

[quote name='Youngnoble']That link with a active pre-order is for the rare one with the signature. They won't get any but I was just showing how incompetent amazon.de was with knowing their stock.

Taken from description of active link:
Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and the limited-edition The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy boxed set is a giant-sized (462 cubic inches!), signed collection of five books, plus bonus items that showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! The 12 high 11" wide and 3 1/2" deep box that encloses The Sky has a hinged lid decorated with artwork from Amano inside and out. Its contents include: Three 11 3/4" by 10 1/2" hardcover books printed on high-quality stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I - III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV - VI and Volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII - X. All About Yoshitaka Amano is 128 pages of photographs and images serving as the most extensive look ever in English at the artist including an interview with Amano a timeline of his career[/QUOTE]

The one on amazon.de http://www.amazon.de/The-Sky-Art-Fi...817X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359581416&sr=8-1
is listed as thus:
Hardcover: 780 pages
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics (10 January 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 159307817X
ISBN-13: 978-1593078171

The uber expensive one on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1616550392/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
is listed as:
Hardcover: 800 pages
Publisher: Dark Horse (October 30, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1616550392
ISBN-13: 978-1616550394
Product Dimensions: 12 x 11.1 x 3.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 12.3 pounds

Different # of pages, different release date, different isbn #'s
Smells fishy, like this is either a german in english 1st edition or a quick reprint by Dark Horse. Those damn isbn #'s are keeping my trigger finger very relaxed...

Received my copy from Amazon US yesterday. The binding was nicely dinged, so it's going right back today.

cNSFDPkl.jpg

Just decided to take a look at my preorder email, clicked on the order number and it takes me to my 'open orders' section....the order is no longer there. Amazon cancelled/removed the order without notifying me. =(

[quote name='maximumzero']Received my copy from Amazon US yesterday. The binding was nicely dinged, so it's going right back today.

cNSFDPkl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yikes.

My binding was fine (for the most part, slightly banged up but you can't notice it from 10' away so I am not worried about it) but there is a hugeass bend on the upper corner on the front cover. Amazon has been really uncooperative in overnighting a replacement, and I am hesitant to send mine back because I just know I'll get one in even worse condition if I do.

And no, I'm not asking them to send me a free replacement either: I've got tons of credit built up with them that could be used to pay for a 2nd book. Obviously I'd like the credit added back to my account once I return the first book I received, but apparently they can't do that for whatever reason. Which is BS as I know they did it for plenty of Prime members who received their books in the older thread. Either way after sending me a collector's book with a bent cover I think the least they could do is front the shipping for the new book.

One thing is for sure though: This experience has taught me to never use Amazon again for anything I want to keep in mint condition. Between this and the Alien Quadrilogy debacle I recently went through it's going to be hard for me to justify buying anything from them again that isn't on sale and has any chance of being damaged during shipping, and I'll just by my collector memorabilia from other sites.

Those bastards! I received that stupid e-mail that they did not have any when I pre-ordered, so I canceled. Oh well... Enjoy fellas!

bread's done
Back