i already have an official copy of UNCHARTED 2 - Embarcadero Plaza, SF, CA

uhoh_evo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
**Mods, feel free to move if in incorrect topic.**

I I went to the Sneak Peak showing of U2 at the Landmark Embarcadero theater and in their gift bags to every attendee was a U2 bag (tote? Backpack?), U2 t-shirt and a copy of U2!!! Also got a free poster but technically that doesn't fit in the bag.

Anyway, anyone who was somewhat tempted might be a little more intrigued now. I failed to ask the naughty dog crew workin the tables what differences there'd be from tonight vs. Tomorrow (long and bad day. A lot on my mind) but for $15 this might just be. The incentive you need.

Just got home and hella tired. Will try and post pics tomorrow between er after my classes. But just wanted to throw that out there for ppl who were on the fence over it

If I wasn't so tired and didn't have class in a few hours i'd be all over this game right now. Dilemma tho... what game is gonna replace it in the B2G1 deal? Hmm....

edit: please don't go beggin for free copies if your gift bag (if you even get one. I have no idea on this) doesn't contain a free copy as yesterday's event was the VIP showing.

here are some of the pics i just took for proof:

THE BOARD
2009-10-05175429.jpg

THE VIP PASS
2009-10-06135323.jpg

THE BAG
2009-10-06135230.jpg

THE SHIRT (FRONT)
2009-10-06135331.jpg

THE SHIRT (BACK)
2009-10-06135354.jpg

THE GAME!!!
2009-10-06135241.jpg

2009-10-06135310.jpg

THE SET
2009-10-06135143.jpg

There was also a Fortune Hunter's Edition displayed in a case that showed the HUGE box, game, strategy guide and the dagger (looked kinda dull but could just be to add to the rustic/artifact feel). didn't get a picture tho as i was on my phone as we passed the display. and sorry for crappy pic quality. i have shaky hands and i still have the protector on the camera lens on phone (anal like that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck man. Hope you get it.

Details as to how the night ran:

*Started letting ppl in ~640pm (was supposed to start @ 6pm). Press, media, REAL VIPs got let in around first of course.
*signed in (raffle entry, tournament entry, waiver)
*seating. by the time my cuz and I got in all the food was gone (and it was legit buffet style food too!). Only nachos and punch was left.
*Amy Hennig narrated storyline and creative processes as Sam Thomas(? He from Sony) demoed a never before seen stage called "The Sanctuary"
*first round of Multi-Player Team tournament in new Sanctuary stage. Teams of 5. LAN play. And team Leaders' gameplay shown on theater screen!
*Raffle
*Sam demoing train stage
*Quarter-finals of tournament
*Raffle
*Sam demoing another NEW stage (I missed the name). BIG teaser as it looks like Chloe is about to betray Drake and Shoot him in the cutscene. Sam paused it as she was about to fire at him point blank!!!!
*Semi-Finals my team was 4th of 16. =T
*Raffle
*Finals (winning team won Fortune Hunter Editions each
*Raffle (PSPgo)
*Pictures Pictures.

I had a great time! So glad I was able to go!

[quote name='judgedee']Note:

(A similar event will be held for the general public today, also at the Landmark Embarcadero Cinema. Click here for tickets. NOTE: Unlike this VIP event, free copies of Uncharted 2 will not be given out at the general public event)

http://www.examiner.com/x-13269-SF-...Scenes-from-the-Uncharted-2-VIP-sneak-preview[/QUOTE]

aaggghh... was editing as you wrote this i guess. guess that answers the question. thx for clarifying for everyone else

I wasn't looking to get a free copy of the game, but Sony wouldn't even confirm whether the Naughty Dog team would be there tonight, so I passed.

I was about to sign up to be a representative for this game, but I don't really know much about Uncharted in the first place. Haha. So I don't think I would have made a good rep.

so after reading that no games given out I decide not to go
well I'm an idiot because everyone who went got the game (yes, both nights)

wow...glad I know someone at Sony - getting a free copy friday..no harm, but still I shoulda gone!

bread's done
Back