I Am Alive - Gen. Discussion & Info

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I am surprised no one has mentioned this game yet (that I can find). I think if Ubisoft pulls this off it will be amazing.

http://iamalivegame.us.ubi.com/

From wikipedia:

I Am Alive (previously known as Alive) is an upcoming action and survival video game by Ubisoft to be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and ported to Microsoft Windows. The game takes place in Chicago after a major-scale disaster with a yet-unknown cause, and tells the story of a man named Adam[3]. The gameplay is said to focus more on character interaction and problem solving. The game will also challenge players to make "life-changing decisions"[4]. The game was announced at the end of Ubisoft's E3 2008 conference.
The first trailer shows a post-disaster Chicago, where Adam is in what seems to be either a courthouse, judging from the statue of Justitia, or a financial institution, based on the dollar bills seen soon after. He is being chased by three men, who run into the scene saying "You know what we want." Adam, in response, throws them a plastic water bottle. The men dive for it, only to collapse through the floor, which is in fact a glass ceiling, into a pit. After that he continues outside and stares at the damage of the city. The trailer then cuts back to "six days earlier", with a yet intact Chicago, and Adam walking down the street with a coffee to make a phone call, only to be struck by an earthquake and a large cloud of dust.
Closer inspection of the trailer shows a background advertisement board containing the url www.ruaumoko.com, in reference to Ruaumoko, a Maori god whose movements cause earthquakes. A further reference in the trailer may be the coffee-cup scene from Children of Men.
Also, when the scene switches to "six days earlier" it is revealed that what appears to be one of his colleagues is one of the men that fell through the glass ceiling earlier in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNzzdoK-0A

I heard about it, but never looked into it. Kind of seems like a few game/movie ideas into one, like Dead Space was. Being by Ubisoft, it could either be awesome or shit. Hoping it's the former. :]

I have known about this game for a while but like Lacuna said it could pretty damn sweet or complete shit being that its from ubisoft.

He hopes the former but I know it will be the latter.

I was really interested in this when I first heard about it. Then it completely fell off my radar when they said it was a "first person" perspective game. Too bad, it sounds like it could be a perfection of the Disaster Report / Raw Danger concept.

Yea I remember Disaster Report for PS2. It had it's flaws but I still enjoyed the different style of gameplay. Hopefully this game is similar!

This looks really interesting, anyone have an idea what the release window is going to be? Sounds like the kind of game that could get delayed forever.

Well I found it, knew there would be a thread for this. I remember being excited for this game then it got a luke warm reception. FYI it's 50% right now with the "Back to School" sale. The climbing sections are a bit confusing at times and when your stamina is going down it can be very anxious at times. I'm also getting the hang of combat but very trial and error and have had to use a guide at times. I don't know, maybe I suck. It's a cool atmospheric game though and overall I'm having fun.

bread's done
Back