I Am Legend Blu-Ray $18.95 at Amazon

Which brings up the big question, now that the price is the same at the moment, which of the two would be better to order, assuming you don't care about getting the SD version on the combo DVD?

i jumped on the blu version because i really liked the movie and have wanted it for a while.. if they released on the same day.. id prob get the hd version..

Even though i hated combo disks back then, i think they hold their value now more...

[quote name='shrike4242']Which brings up the big question, now that the price is the same at the moment, which of the two would be better to order, assuming you don't care about getting the SD version on the combo DVD?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have both formats, like I do.
You get the Blu-Ray version for the simple fact that the HDDVD version is delayed a month (Apr 18th I think).

[quote name='shrike4242']Which brings up the big question, now that the price is the same at the moment, which of the two would be better to order, assuming you don't care about getting the SD version on the combo DVD?[/quote]I assume they'll be virtually the same quality A/V wise, since that's been the norm for almost all dual format releases. I'd go BD to avoid the 3 week wait if you have both formats, since they're both the same price now.

Made a new order with the BR version, as it was $0.04 less. :D

Had the HD-DVD version of IAL ordered with Michael Clayton on HD-DVD, so had to redo that with the new order.

In for one... thanks OP... didn't see the movie but this is cheaper than me and my girl going to the theater..... Heard the alternate ending made the movie much better...

[quote name='MrDubbs']Is it true that the special features are in HD on the blu ray only, this is what I was told?[/quote]

That's what I read on DVDTalk.

Thx for the heads up OP. I was gonna just pick this up at a B&M Tuesday, but that price is just too good to pass up.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']and you can also get National Treasure 2 and I am Legend for 42$[/QUOTE]

It's the same price as buying them separate.

Eff it, I bit. Not like any brick and mortar will have it cheaper. Threw on a Godzilla cartoon (original 1970's goodness) DVD for free shipping.

So the alternate ending IS included on the Blu Ray version? I thought it was only on the SD special edition, or the Target exclusive. Thank God if it is.

[quote name='karkyco']So the alternate ending IS included on the Blu Ray version? I thought it was only on the SD special edition, or the Target exclusive. Thank God if it is.[/quote]

Yes, it is on the Blu-Ray.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Really? Wow, both movies are new releases for 20$? Amazing.[/QUOTE]

isn't 18.95 + 23.95 = 42.90, the same price as the deal?

[quote name='karkyco']Eff it, I bit. Not like any brick and mortar will have it cheaper. Threw on a Godzilla cartoon (original 1970's goodness) DVD for free shipping.

So the alternate ending IS included on the Blu Ray version? I thought it was only on the SD special edition, or the Target exclusive. Thank God if it is.[/quote]
Indeed it is:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/i-am-legend.html

Check the boxart, front and back.

I am in for one. If I don't like it, I am sure I will be able to get my money back or more from Half.com. I picked up Star Gate on Blu because I am a sucker for that movie.

Thanks OP! Picked it up for $20, stupid tax in Kansas! Still $5 cheaper than anywhere else I could get it!

I was going to buy this at Wal-Mart on the day of release for $24.96. Thank God I read this post. Pre-ordered this and bought NCFOM the book just to jack up the price for the free shipping, which is fine since I wanted the book anyway. Only problem is the estimated shipping is not until March 24, almost a week after the release of the DVD. Hopefully this is just a rough estimate.

anyone got a good idea for what to put into the cart to apply for super savers shipping? Need something which is like 7 bucks

[quote name='Josef368']can anyone tell me if they ship on the day of release or before?[/quote]

I've only pre-ordered a few things off of Amazon, and most of it was a couple of years ago. Still, I pre-ordered Justice League: The New Frontier last month, it got shipped out Monday night.

They last thing I preordered was smash bros for wii and got shipped on days before, got it one day after rls.

[quote name='Josef368']can anyone tell me if they ship on the day of release or before?[/quote]Never pre-ordered BD from Amazon, but DVDs they almost always ship on Friday or Saturday before release. I know they shipped BSG Season 3 today that I pre-ordered a while ago.

[quote name='Josef368']can anyone tell me if they ship on the day of release or before?[/QUOTE]

They ship out on Monday and have it on Wednesday. If you lived close to warehouse then you'll get it on the same (next) day of release.

Ok guys, I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, but I should be getting a PS3 sometime next month. Do you guys think I should order it?

[quote name='anomynous']Ok guys, I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, but I should be getting a PS3 sometime next month. Do you guys think I should order it?[/quote]

Yes. It isn't going to get much cheaper than this over that time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes. It isn't going to get much cheaper than this over that time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was guessing

Just ordered it, but I will be getting a PS3 within the next month to two months, probably next month. So I want some cheap movies, and this fits that category.

bread's done
Back