I Am Legend Combo HD-DVD & DVD $18.99 Pre-Order @ Amazon

It's a combo too so that's a damn good price, if I didn't have it preordered at WB along with a couple others, I'd bite.

This is the price that combos should have been at from the start.

[quote name='mcpeepants']Hmm, they dropped Justice League preorder to $16.99, but Appleseed is still 20.95 - so much for a universal WB preorder slash eheh[/quote]

Justice League went back up to 20.95.

Anyways, I just pre-ordered I Am Legend and ordered Clerks II and Wolf Creek to qualify for free shipping. :bouncy:

[quote name='dbg17891']Why does it say its going to be released on April 8, 2008 and not the 18th like blu-ray and dvd???[/QUOTE]

The HD-DVD has a 3 week delay

[quote name='dbg17891']Why does it say its going to be released on April 8, 2008 and not the 18th like blu-ray and dvd???[/QUOTE]

Because... HD-DVD lost. I Am Legend and Bee Movie are the last 2 releases to put on shelf and no more new releases after that.

And it's only $2 more than the regular DVD, which means you're only paying a $2 premium for the HDDVD making it a no-brainer for HD-DVD owners! I may have to jump on this one.

[quote name='ryanbph']in for 1...

as for the alternate ending I heard it wasn't that good.[/quote]

I liked the alternate ending better then the one they chose

Be forewarned, some players do not like the combo discs.
I've had numerous HD DVD/DVD Combo discs not play in my Tosh HD-A2 (with the most current firmware update).
Buyer beware.

See I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy new Warner HD-DVDs but are the features to be the same as the BR but the HD-DVD will have the SD-DVD as well. If thats it I may just make this my last "new release" HD-DVD purchase.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']See I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy new Warner HD-DVDs but are the features to be the same as the BR but the HD-DVD will have the SD-DVD as well. If thats it I may just make this my last "new release" HD-DVD purchase.[/quote]

The HD DVD and Blu-Ray editions have the same features but the Blu-Ray extras are in HD while the HD DVD one's are in SD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The HD DVD and Blu-Ray editions have the same features but the Blu-Ray extras are in HD while the HD DVD one's are in SD.[/quote]

Where do you generally go to get this info Linkin??

I ordered this with Ocean's Trilogy.

I also ordered Twister with Ultimate Matrix Trilogy.

I love my faux-layaway.

[quote name='Vader582']Be forewarned, some players do not like the combo discs.
I've had numerous HD DVD/DVD Combo discs not play in my Tosh HD-A2 (with the most current firmware update).
Buyer beware.[/quote]

Have you tried hand-washing the discs in warm soapy water? This did the trick for me with Bourne Ultimatum. Try it out and report back!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Different places...just surfin' the net. The topic in question was found here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/i-am-legend.html

You can see the backs of the boxes so you can tell the differences between both versions.

EDIT: Image seems to have disappeared...Hmmm.[/quote]

Saw the backs. After further review I think I am gonna stick to my guns and foot the extra $6 for the BR. Thanks anyways OP. Now where to find the BR for the same price or lower (Cmon pINOY with the Coupon scans)

It's $0.55 less at Deep Discount. Just thought I'd note that. And the special features are the same except the HD-DVD version's making-of is web-enabled.

[quote name='Vader582']Be forewarned, some players do not like the combo discs.
Buyer beware.[/quote]

Which side? The HD-DVD or the regular DVD side?

Hmm... that's strange. Never heard of this issue. I have Tosh HD-A3 and it plays all Combo (Elizabeth-Golden Age, 300, HP5, The Kingdom) with no problem.

Nice thing about the Combo, you can always play the DVD side on a regular DVD player.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The HD DVD and Blu-Ray editions have the same features but the Blu-Ray extras are in HD while the HD DVD one's are in SD.[/quote]

Isn't that odd.. sometimes the bigger the capacity seems to have less features than the least capacity format.

For example: Some people who has bought 300 in blu ray are furious because it has less features/hidef exclusives than the HD version.

[quote name='mcpeepants']Hmm, they dropped Justice League preorder to $16.99, but Appleseed is still 20.95 - so much for a universal WB preorder slash eheh[/quote]

I saw this and had to check, I just got Justice League for 16.99 and Appleseed for 16.49, plus I am Legend for 18.99 (awesome for combo). Great deal. I had to bite on Blade Runner too, only 21.99!

bread's done
Back