I am looking for a cheap headset to use for my PS3.

If you sit close to your PS3 you can use any old USB headset. They run about $10 or so on average, but the sound quality may not be the best.

Then again, with all of the people who yell(sometimes racial epithets) and/or blast their music into their headsets on games I'm glad I haven't been using mine that much lately.

Yeah I know, I just want to be able to talk to my friends. I hope Killzone 3 players arn't as annoying as well everyone on Xbox games.

My Toys R Us has the Warhawk bundle with the bluetooth headset for $20 on clearance. Very YMMV, and I don't know the quality of the headset, but it's a possibility, and cheap.

[quote name='unopepito06']My Toys R Us has the Warhawk bundle with the bluetooth headset for $20 on clearance. Very YMMV, and I don't know the quality of the headset, but it's a possibility, and cheap.[/QUOTE]

The warhawk headset was pretty uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend it.

the rocketfish headset at Best Buy is $20, has a mute button (must be held not a switch) but it works great!
Plus no batteries to charge, and it simply works.

I use my surround sound and have this just off my ear, works great for me.

Likewise guys, I'm also looking for a headset. I'm not very picky on the price though as long as it doesn't exceed like $70-80. I'm looking for a comfortable headset that I can use on both my PS3 and PC. Wireless is also a bonus. That Jawbone looks interesting, but could anyone recommend anything better possibly? I need one for MVC3!

I'll be honest with ya's, if you want something clear AND comfortable, get a PSEye. For a little extra it doubles as a camera and a mic for RB style games. That's what I use which works much better than any headset I've heard. Since you don't wear it it won't hurt, people aren't going to hear your breathing or quiet cursing (ha), and if you have any interest in the Move you'll be halfway there. Oh and since it's USB powered there's no batteries to deal with.

bread's done
Back