I bought my girlfriend a ds, but what games do I buy that she will like?

cyberlian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I got mario 64 ds, but I'm 50/50 on her liking it or not. Mario Kart was the obvious choice, but that is a hell of a long time to wait. The metroid demo probably will never be used. Background: she enjoys donkey konga, mario kart for gc, hamtaros on gba and gbc, "cute" stuff, and she really likes the idea of the touch screen.
Thanks

Honestly, I wouldn't give her the DS now. Take it back and get it later when there are some decent games for it. I got it at launch and have spent about 5 hours with it, 4 of those being with my friend in class on pictochat. But I suppose Feel the Magic might catch her interest. I heard it's easy to pick up, but I have yet to play it.

Feel the Magic is probably a good choice, on sale at BB, $24.99, or $19.99 with GGC. If she likes the idea of using the touchscreen, it will be perfect. Also, if she doesn't like the adventure portion of mario, you should play it to unlock the minigames, then let her try them.

My girlfriend loves Mario 64, but she also liked the original. Your only real safe bet, like Mookyjooky said, is Mr. Driller. The puzzle genre is the only genre that girls are always into.

[quote name='MisterFunktastic']i'd go with Feel The Magic, my girlfriend loves that game. she always tries to steal my DS to play that game.[/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='MisterFunktastic']i'd go with Feel The Magic, my girlfriend loves that game. she always tries to steal my DS to play that game.[/quote]

Ditto[/quote]

Second that ditto

Driller and Feel the magic are good choices too. But what about Urbz: sims in the city?! Alot of women like this, but only because it is a extension of the Sims games.

[quote name='guessed']Feel the Magic is probably a good choice, on sale at BB, $24.99, or $19.99 with GGC. If she likes the idea of using the touchscreen, it will be perfect. Also, if she doesn't like the adventure portion of mario, you should play it to unlock the minigames, then let her try them.[/quote]

Definitely get FTM. I bought it today for $20, it's pretty awesome.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Mr Driller is always a safe bet...chicks love easy puzzle games.[/quote]

I don't love easy puzzle games.

To the OP, if she's into "cute" stuff, isn't there that lame dog game? That uses the touch screen. I don't know what it's called though.

[quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Mr Driller is always a safe bet...chicks love easy puzzle games.[/quote]

[/quote]

Lesbian. Just kidding. But seriously. Are you sure your girlfriend wants a gameboy? You don't want to buy her a bowling ball with your name on it.

[quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Mr Driller is always a safe bet...chicks love easy puzzle games.[/quote]

To the OP, if she's into "cute" stuff, isn't there that lame dog game? That uses the touch screen. I don't know what it's called though.[/quote]

puppy times. it's not out yet.

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Mr Driller is always a safe bet...chicks love easy puzzle games.[/quote]

[/quote]

Lesbian. Just kidding. But seriously. Are you sure your girlfriend wants a gameboy? You don't want to buy her a bowling ball with your name on it.[/quote]

I'm bi, not lez. My sister likes video games too and she's fully straight. She's not into puzzle games either. I rest my case. ;)

FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

And most of you who were steriotypical in your analysis of what a girl should like, well stop being ignorant. Alot of girls like the same thing you do. Infact I am looking forward to kicking my husbands ass in some games that he is getting for the DS.

[quote name='Beccaboo0713']FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

And most of you who were steriotypical in your analysis of what a girl should like, well stop being ignorant. Alot of girls like the same thing you do. Infact I am looking forward to kicking my husbands ass in some games that he is getting for the DS.[/quote]

mr. driller is not really as mindless most people think it is. it is a combination of quick reflexes and going at the right route at the right time. it is pretty challenging in the later levels.

I definitely agree that not all girls are down with the cutesy games, but I think most of them were basing it on the general female audience which they assume would go for those. not knowing any better since obviously they don't know others' girlfriends personality, they're merely rolling the dice and playing the probability game.

anyway, you might wanna import One Line Puzzle (Chokkan Hitofude) from japan, it is exactly what I'm looking for in DS, and probably what you are looking for too ;) I also ordered zoo keeper yesterday from overstock from their 12% off :)

[quote name='Beccaboo0713']FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

And most of you who were steriotypical in your analysis of what a girl should like, well stop being ignorant. Alot of girls like the same thing you do. Infact I am looking forward to kicking my husbands ass in some games that he is getting for the DS.[/quote]

That is so hot.

[quote name='repetske'][quote name='Beccaboo0713']FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

That is so hot.[/quote]

Oh stop your making me blush :oops: :D

[quote name='Beccaboo0713'][quote name='repetske'][quote name='Beccaboo0713']FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

That is so hot.[/quote]

Oh stop your making me blush :oops: :D[/quote]

As far as gaming goes, my GF IS sterotypical. Movies and comics are her oddity, but otherwise she really is "girly"

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Beccaboo0713'][quote name='repetske'][quote name='Beccaboo0713']FYI I want a DS more then my husband who has been a hard core gamer since he could hold a controler. I as well have been but I am not into the blood and gore of somethings he is into, but I will have you know that girls are not just into cute games. I like challenging games that make you think. I think that puppy times looks so stupid nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. As far as your girlfriend goes I think it is great you got her one and I think that she will like mario 64 if she is anything like me. I also would think that Feel the magic and The urbz would be cool. I am a sims fan though and I liked the Sims on GBASP.

That is so hot.[/quote]

Oh stop your making me blush :oops: :D[/quote]

As far as gaming goes, my GF IS sterotypical. Movies and comics are her oddity, but otherwise she really is "girly"[/quote]

I am really girly too except for when it comes to gaming and movies. I would much rather watch an action flic then a romantic movie.

"I like challenging games that make you think.... nor do I have any interest in that mr. driller crap. "

This is the dumbest thing i have read today

I feel sorry for your husband.

Although, liking blood and gore, he can't be too bright humself.

Feel the Magic is must have for many female DS players. The bikini-ed girl on the cover may make it seem otherwise but it has a lot of elements that play well to a big portion of the female audience out there.

Even more surprising is how many women love DOA Beach Volleyball. At first glance it's just eyecandy for boys but the relationship management aspect has caused a surprising number of my friends to surrender control of their Xbox to their SO.

"p.s. action movies suck, but not as much as horror."

Are you saying you don't like movies such as Spiderman 2, Bourne Supremacy, Man on fire, Etc. If not that is fine I was just wondering. Plus I agree horror movies do suck, IMO.

"I feel sorry for your husband.

Although, liking blood and gore, he can't be too bright humself."

You have no reason to feel sorry for him; we are very happy thank you very much. (By the way you misspelled himself) So your sympathy will not be needed. As far as him being bright well you don't know anything about him so there is no way you could possibly tell the level of his intelligence. When I say blood and gore I mean things like halo 2, fable, etc. Which are not blood and gore exactly but more fighting RPG's, I suppose that is what you would call them anyway. I really did speak with out thinking on that one.

To the guy with the girlfriend:
Any way I was thinking why don't you just wait till wario ware comes out in February. I am sure she would like that and you already got her Mario 64 to keep her entertained and the holidays are coming up so she will be busy with that. So February isn't that long of a wait.
:D

I'm so confused...

Girls....playing DS? Wha...?
Girls....playing games at all? Whaaa...?

P.S. Sorry 'bout the stereotype. Won't happen again.

[quote name='liquidy_poo']I'm so confused...

Girls....playing DS? Wha...?
Girls....playing games at all? Whaaa...?

P.S. Sorry 'bout the stereotype. Won't happen again.[/quote]

I don't know what it is about the DS that has girls playing it, but why question it? It saved my marriage.

editors note: i'm not married, and my relationship doesn't need saving

bread's done
Back