i broke down and bought a game for full price.

JohnEX

CAG Veteran
well i got x-men legends at eb games last night for 49.99! i didn't even use a GGC because my best buy had none left.
the game is great so far!

so, with all the great titles coming out, when will YOU break???

i think halo 2 might force me to pay full price again!

For shame!!!

J/K, sometimes you don't really have a choice. Technically I never pay full price for a game, because I work at GameStop. It winds up not far from full price though. Most recently it was Fable, and I'm sure Halo 2 will be the next.

For me the only one coming up soon is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Preorders get the soundtrack as a bonus, and it's likely this one will not be very easy to find, especially in a B&M.

X-Men Legends does look pretty cool; is the game play somewhat like Champions of Norrath/Baldur's Gate? If so, I'm quite interested. And you can choose between what, 15 characters?

[quote name='JohnEX']well i got x-men legends at eb games last night for 49.99! i didn't even use a GGC because my best buy had none left.
the game is great so far!

so, with all the great titles coming out, when will YOU break???

i think halo 2 might force me to pay full price again![/quote]

you are officially banned, you can take your full priced game and get out. :D

Then you must go to this website foolassgamer.com (copyright R) . J/k , I'am going to pay full price once halo2 come out so I guess it cool for a game that is worth it. :wink:

I just broke it a week ago, pre-ordered Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Next game should be Shin Megami Tensei.

There are some times when you just can't wait for a price drop.

[quote name='dtcarson']X-Men Legends does look pretty cool; is the game play somewhat like Champions of Norrath/Baldur's Gate? If so, I'm quite interested. And you can choose between what, 15 characters?[/quote]

I only played for a few minutes, but it is similar to Dark Alliance and Champs of Norrath in terms of gameplay. One difference that I think will add some depth to the action is that there are two attack buttons.
And yeah, there are 15(!) characters playable.

i'll break for resident evil 4. I'm also considering breaking for tales of symphonia, but I'll wait until Baten Kaitos comes out before I make a decision on that.

I'll break for...

Def Jam: Fight for New York
Katamari Damacy ($19.99 :))
Gungrave Overdose ($14.99 :))
Phantom Brave
Growlanser Generations Deluxe

Good Lord I'm gonna be poor....

[quote name='coolieman2001']I broke for Shadow Hearts : Covenant after i saw the 9.1 it received from IGN today.[/quote]

Yeah but did you order it from EBgames. At leats you get a free copy of Shadow Harts there. That's gotta be a $15 valueso it's not a bad deal.

Hmm, full price? No coupons, no rebates, no sales, no clearances, no used games, no trade-in credit deals? I have no recollection of ever having done that. Ok, I looked back through some EB orders, and I did pay $39.99 for Unreal Tourney 2004 DVD Special Ed., and I never sent in the rebate, d'oh! I never even played the thing, I still have it sealed.

Oh, and I just remembered that I preordered LSL: Magna Cum Laude, but I did use a $10 voucher that I got from Legacy of Kain: Defiance, so I don't know if that counts (I think it should count, I'd have bought it anyway, even if I didn't have the voucher). For the most part, if BB carries a game, I'm not going to pay full price (not that I will always buy from BB, just that it is an option if no one else has it for less), unless there is a premium item that one gets for ordering it, and even then I will try to work some trade-in deal.

[quote name='coolieman2001']I broke for Shadow Hearts : Covenant after i saw the 9.1 it received from IGN today.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that review out... I broke down and got it as well. I had always been interested but decided against pre-ordering it, but might as well get it now with the free game.

[quote name='megashock5']Donkey Konga next week. Just can't wait for this one to drop.[/quote]

That's next week? Well dammit, I'm gonna be at Gamestop next Thursday.

I've been very bad. I have broke down and bought a lot of full priced games in the last week. Technically though, some came gift cards, so it's not like I didn't get something. Let's see, got Fable (came with gift card), Star Ocean (paid $39.99), Katamari Damacy, Battlefront (used a raincheck and came with giftcard so I guess that doesn't count), Phantasy Star Plus, Bujingai, Silent Hill 4 (came with giftcard), Phantom Brave and Tales of Symphonia.

I am shamed. Oh yeah, and I have Growlanser Deluxe preordered and paid in full and am going to prorder Shadow Hearts and Shin Megami Tensai today. I'll go sit in the corner now.

Broke for Phantom Brave at GameStop for $49.99. Also broke for price-matched and GGC Star Ocean at BB for $33.99. The funny thing is that I have'nt played either yet. So many unopened games. I blame CAG, lol.

DDR:Extreme (preordered for music disc) $39.99. Ifigure it's not bad because the DDRs don't drop much in price.

[quote name='guessed']Hmm, full price? No coupons, no rebates, no sales, no clearances, no used games, no trade-in credit deals? ......[/quote]

yeah, i need to be banned for actually paying the FULL price. :shock:

thing is, i tried to find a deal on x-men legends... that lasted one day and i just couldn't wait anymore so i went to best buy to GGC it only to find out there were none left. in frustration, i went to the eb games next door and paid full price....

with all the money i've saved on tons of cheap deals, i thought i was due for at least one treat!

yeah, I'm too far gone to pay 50 bucks for any game. I was angry that I paid 35 for burnout 3 and couldn't wait for a price drop.

BANNED! ;)

My wife paid full price for SW:Battlefront for me. Got Fable last week but traded games in for it & will do the same for Halo 2. Does that count?

Shin Megami Tensai ...

Isn't this already out? I could've sworn I saw it last night when I picked up Katamari Damacy ...ROYAL RAINBOW!!!

Full price?!?!

11539.gif

Burnout 3 with a technicality. I traded in my Clerks and GoodFellas DVDs because now there are special editions, plus EB had a $10 gift voucher. And I'll use the voucher on GTA:SA, so technically I got my standard CAG $5 off on both games.

[quote name='megashock5']Donkey Konga next week. Just can't wait for this one to drop.[/quote]

Look for a "Nintendo Gamecube Coupon book" @ Best Buy. It has a $5 off coupon for Donkey Konga.

I shelled out full price for the new DDR Extreme bundle. I already had 2 pads but one's starting to crap out on me and I figured it'd be cheaper to get another official one in the bundle than to hunt down another individual pad.

GR = GameRush I assume?

Sigh....the closest one to me is like 400 miles away.
And I'm certainly not going to rely on trading stuff in to EB or Gamestop, which are the only places other than pawn shops that accept tradeins around me.

But yes, even if I buy the game for full price, I at least try to use the GGC to save a little bit [R&C: GC 15 bucks, f'instance.]

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='coolieman2001']I broke for Shadow Hearts : Covenant after i saw the 9.1 it received from IGN today.[/quote]

Yeah but did you order it from EBgames. At leats you get a free copy of Shadow Harts there. That's gotta be a $15 valueso it's not a bad deal.[/quote]

Ebgames droped the preorder deal even though their still taking preorders. I was able to get the preorder deal frrom Gamestop. Maybe EB reached there there preorder Bonus Limit.

of all of the 44 xbox games i have, these are the only ones i paid 49.99 for:
halo
oddworld
doa 3
madden 2002 (gift but friends got it at full price)
hunter the reckoning
unreal championship
dynasty warriors 4

and my last one was dynasty warriors 4 back in september of 2003

accessories at full price:
1 original xbox controller
2 controller s
dvd kit
xbox live beta kit

and all my gamecube games were not purchase at full price. only a couple of my pc games were at full price, last one being warcraft 3: the frozen throne back in july of 2003. I LOVE BEING A CAG!

Pay full price for a game!? Blasphemer!!! Fornicator!!!! Any of you who pay full price for a game should be banned from this site for life--plus 10 years! How dare you!? CheapyD, do the right thing and expunge these vermin from our presence! They are traitors and are not worthy to communicate with our cheap asses!! They must be dealt with accordingly...unless the game is really good--then I guess it's OK. Oh, never mind. I'm going to go take my pills now and lie down.

Last time was for Final Fantasy X-2, almost a year ago.

Next time? Who knows? I'm more than willing to pay full price for a game that deserves my money.

It's been ages since I've broken, although I might soon for Astro Boy or one of the newer Pokémon games. I'm addicted to my GBA...

I declare everyone who's paid full price a traitor. Begone, heathens! :wink:

[quote name='dtcarson']GR = GameRush I assume?

Sigh....the closest one to me is like 400 miles away.
And I'm certainly not going to rely on trading stuff in to EB or Gamestop, which are the only places other than pawn shops that accept tradeins around me.

But yes, even if I buy the game for full price, I at least try to use the GGC to save a little bit [R&C: GC 15 bucks, f'instance.][/quote]

I am shocked they have yet to convert the store in Cary off Kildare into one. That BB gets every game day of release.

as for me, it is going to be metal gear solid 3. As much time as I put into 2, paying full price is justified.

also getting R&C 3 . The online beta was amazing

I haven't payed full price for a game in ... who knows when?

Buying things at FYE doesn't count, though, does it? Buying a 50 dollar game at FYE using trade-in credit is basically like paying $20 for a newly released game.

I did pay $20 for Pokemon Leafgreen 2 4 days after it came out ... does that count?

I still do buy some games for full price if I feel they are worth the price. Im going to pay full price for Halo 2 and Godzilla: Save the Earth when they come out.

With the games I've traded in long ago, I can't remember what games I paid for full $49.99 price. I'm not counting games I paid under $49.99 for, but the only game I own now that I paid that for is Soul Calibur 2. But I got a free t-shirt and a 10 dollar gift card. Oh, and World Series Baseball 2K3. All my other games, I either traded in games to lower the price, bought it on sale or recieved as a gift.

bread's done
Back