~I cannot wait for Boxing Day Threads, Thread~

I need an external HDD! I recently got a DSLR, and those pictures just devour space. I know there have been some good deals recently with the Staples deal and Future Shop had a 1 TB for just $60 last weekend, but I'm hedging my bets :)

Games wise, Rock Band 3 and NFS: Hot Pursuit. Though RB3 hasn't been on sale at all IIRC, so it may be a bit of a stretch :(

Same here, I'm hoping that AC: Bro will be on sale. Plus, I'd like to get some free weights, a dvd player and some photo albums.

I've been gearing up for it, too. I'd like to score a sweet deal on:

Pro Evolution Soccer 11 (Wii)
NBA Jam (Wii)
A new mattress
Sony Blu-Ray player

That's if I don't end up buying that junk before Boxing Day. ;)

Our Boxing Day (and Christmas Day) sale info will be posted on the 20th. Yes, we will be open on Christmas Day (again).

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7957052]I've been gearing up for it, too. I'd like to score a sweet deal on:

Pro Evolution Soccer 11 (Wii)
NBA Jam (Wii)
A new mattress
Sony Blu-Ray player

That's if I don't end up buying that junk before Boxing Day. ;)[/QUOTE]

Couple of deals for NBA Jam floating around right now for 24.99-29.99 doesnt get much better than that.

last year really wasn't exciting in the gaming area. EB had afro, Heroes over Europe at $10 and boom blox at $15. WM had the value games only 25% off instead of prior year 50% and other games no better then they had already been on sale at. Everywhere had the same few, Fable, Halo Wars, Gears 2 for $20 with amazon at $10...if you logged on for the brief time they were available.

I expect the usual will happen and it will turn out the best deals were before Xmas. Thankfully it appears the local hoarders haven't been around and I've actually been able to get the limited deals at Sony store and Staples this time

Its highly unlikely anyone will have a wii better then occurs every few weeks at SDM with 20x day.

I'd like to see NFS: Hot Pursuit get a big price drop. That and Borderlands: GOTY, and maybe Vanquish.

Not too much else I'd really like to pick up. Except maybe a laptop capable of moderate gaming, but even with Boxing Day deals that's probably a little out of my price range.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']Our Boxing Day (and Christmas Day) sale info will be posted on the 20th. Yes, we will be open on Christmas Day (again).[/QUOTE]

Will there be online this year as well?

[quote name='djsaiyan']I'd like to see NFS: Hot Pursuit get a big price drop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, along with Split/Second. After GT5, I really need my arcade racing fix!

Man I don't even think I really need anything. Maybe an HDMI switch and some speaker wire? A Goozex points sale? Cheap collector's editions would be nice (I'm still eyeing the Batman: AA CE, I really want that diary!)

Might also consider building a gaming PC if the deals are outrageous, but I feel waiting till Q1 2011 might be more fruitful given the upcoming product changes and such.

[quote name='matsam']Yeah me too, along with Split/Second. After GT5, I really need my arcade racing fix![/QUOTE]

You two guys must have missed the Best Buy/Future Shop sale. It was $49.99 a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe it will be $39.99 on Boxing Day...

[quote name='lustyhitter']You two guys must have missed the Best Buy/Future Shop sale. It was $49.99 a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe it will be $39.99 on Boxing Day...[/QUOTE]

It was $20 used on GameAccess last weekend. I think their regular price is $30

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']everyone has black ops or hate on it? :*( im still waitin on a sale lol[/QUOTE]
COD games take forever to drop in price. I just told myself that I have to get blackops this christmas... HAVE TO! one of the few games worth $60

I'll be looking for a new DVD recorder, anyone recommend a good one?
I can't particularly think of any games I'll be looking for, maybe some blu ray movies though...

[quote name='helluvagood']COD games take forever to drop in price. I just told myself that I have to get blackops this christmas... HAVE TO! one of the few games worth $60[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer in Black Ops is awesome! It has none of the OMA, noobtubing and boosting that MW2 has. There's so much to do with customization and range of games to play. Treyarch really outdone themselves on this one.

I'm pretty much only looking for a second external hard drive for my WD TV Live. My 1.5 TB one is filled to the brim.

If there happens to be a sale on some good games, I may pick one or two up as well. But the less that is on sale, the better. I don't really have the money for Boxing Day this year.

I'm so burned out on buying games. Rogers/Sony/Staples kept me busy the last few weeks and it's going to take a ridiculously good deal to get me out the door come Boxing Day.

A cheap monitor would be nice.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I'm so burned out on buying games. Rogers/Sony/Staples kept me busy the last few weeks and it's going to take a ridiculously good deal to get me out the door come Boxing Day.

A cheap monitor would be nice.[/QUOTE]Amazon.com KO'ed me during their BF sale, >$20 games up the wazoo

[quote name='helluvagood']COD games take forever to drop in price. I just told myself that I have to get blackops this christmas... HAVE TO! one of the few games worth $60[/QUOTE]

HMV seems to have a big name game on sale every year (MW2 last year for 29.99) unfortunately they only put 5 copies on sale. I think they'll do it again for Black Ops

[quote name='doh23']HMV seems to have a big name game on sale every year (MW2 last year for 29.99) unfortunately they only put 5 copies on sale. I think they'll do it again for Black Ops[/QUOTE]

Boxing Day at HMV is a utopia for hoarders. If your not the first 3 people in the store when it opens. And you are looking for boxing day game deals chances they are already sold out.

Based on sales from the past month and previous Boxing Day experience, I'm predicting:

- EA stuff for $39.99 (NFS, MoH, Sims, Sports stuff, maybe RB3)
- Halo Reach and Fable 3 for $39.99
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for cheap (possibly as low as $30)
- Splinter Cell for dirt cheap ($9.99)
- Buy 2 for ____ on Kinect and PS Move stuff
- Greatest Hits 2 for ____

[quote name='game_fanatic']Might also consider building a gaming PC if the deals are outrageous, but I feel waiting till Q1 2011 might be more fruitful given the upcoming product changes and such.[/QUOTE]

what upcoming product changes, just new intel platform with some more 32nm cpus, & new amd cpus

the gfx cards are set since yesterday until next fall

[quote name='kn00tcn']what upcoming product changes, just new intel platform with some more 32nm cpus, & new amd cpus

the gfx cards are set since yesterday until next fall[/QUOTE]

The new cpu's you just mentioned lol. I'd be a fool to dump $1000 into a new system without seeing how the new processors are going to perform!

for me I just want any xbox 360 game at a decent price on boxing day since i'm getting money for xmas i want that well that and a new hdd for my pc

I'll be honest with you all...this Boxing Day 2010 seems to be very very cold! Nothing fantastic out there...

i mean come on....what with all the Staples, HMV, etc deals from the past week....

unless your out to get a $129.99 gimped XBOX 360....heck....go for it....

Honestly, i was expecting AC:B to be much lower, and i really wanted a deal on Uncharted 2 (staples was sold out when i got there!)...

Oh well....might end up just walking around with the family instead of running and trampling into FS and BB with Rocky music blaring in the background (like previous years!):beer:

bread's done
Back