I can't get into Halo 3

mrnomis27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I purchased Halo 3 around launch and simply cannot get into it?

I find myself playing NHL 08 and Metroid Prime 3 instead.

Anyone else feel the same?

[quote name='magiic']welcome to the club[/QUOTE]

I know that there is an enjoyable game in there. I just can't pinpoint what I don't enjoy about it.

I should have noted, that I never played Halo 1 or 2, so that could be a large part of it.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Cuz its a garbage game.

Done.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that it is garbage, just not something that I have been able to enjoy yet. It probably doesn't help that I totally suck at the game too.

I need to give it some more time, and hope that it gets a little better.

I guess after playing Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3, I was a little unimpressed.

I haven't played Halo since two weeks after its launch. Great game while it lasted, much better games are out there (Orange Box, COD4).

If you're not doing so already, I would strongly recommend playing with friends. I'd also recommend trying the (unranked) objective based games, where even if you get killed a lot that doesn't inherently drag your team down, and where you can find a niche in which you can perform relatively well while you develop the rest of your skills - defense in ctf, for example, or gunning in a vehicle. And where you can be useful in letting your teammates know where the enemies are and what they're up to, even if you're not going to be killing them yourself.

Also try co-op campaign if you haven't. It's a blast.

[quote name='4dSwissCheese']If you're not doing so already, I would strongly recommend playing with friends. I'd also recommend trying the (unranked) objective based games, where even if you get killed a lot that doesn't inherently drag your team down, and where you can find a niche in which you can perform relatively well while you develop the rest of your skills - defense in ctf, for example, or gunning in a vehicle. And where you can be useful in letting your teammates know where the enemies are and what they're up to, even if you're not going to be killing them yourself.

Also try co-op campaign if you haven't. It's a blast.[/quote]

Playing with friends is the ONLY way to have fun sadly. That goes for most online games. I actually prefer halo 3 over COD4. I just can't get into COD4 and how few bullets it takes to kill someone combined with the nearly limitless range people can see without scopes...no fun at all.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Says the man with the Halo 3 gamer picture[/quote]

yes, cause my gamerpic totally proves Halo 3 is an excellent game

my custom gamerpic is a metal Half-Life 2 emblem...wish everyone could see it and not just friends...

Its because halo is a very very very shallow game.

If you played 10min of Halo 1 then you just played the entire franchise for 1000 hours.

I hate that game. One of the biggest reason is how horrid the multi player is. How melee can be top 3 ways to kill someone in a first person shooter if fucking beyond me.

Every game boils down to....shoot shoot..punch...shoot shoot punch. No tatcics what so ever no challenge. You are born already being above average in Halo because the game is so god damn easy to play. Thats why people who value skill will get tired of it very very quickly...where as people who just want to feel like they are good in something will love it forever and ever...hence the 50 thousand people playing.....most of which are kids.

Its gets old very very fast. That and the two most over powered, skilless cheap weapons in any video game ever.

The fisher price mommy my first sniper rifle with built in rectile that even turns red when its on an ememy all while allowing you to fire off 4 shots within 2 seconds. (you know..because snipers useally need 3 or 4 shots to kill people...thats what makes them cool)

And the press one button and fly arcross 5 ft of space for a one hit kill sword.

The game is great if you just want to pick it up and start deh ownzing of n00b$ and shitz. But if you crave the satifaction of really being skilled at a game because of its challenging nature and not because the game makes it so easy that anyone can get 10 plus kills without even firing a weapon then you will get bored realyl quick.

If you're still having difficulty, play through Campaign by going co-op with other friends or CAGers. If you don't care much for Campaign, try some online multiplayer with, once again, friends or CAG members. If neither appeal to you, you may as well trade it in because it isn't your cup of tea. It's OK, not every game is for everyone and why keep a game if you don't care for it?

Not having played the other two titles does hurt but it sounds as if your enjoyment wouldn't increase too much if you ran through them anyway. I think you'll eventually trade it away, but try doing that soon. In that case you can probably walk away with another recent FPS that would probably appeal to you more (ie: Orange Box, Bioshock, etc.).

Best of luck!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Its because halo is a very very very shallow game.

If you played 10min of Halo 1 then you just played the entire franchise for 1000 hours.

I hate that game. One of the biggest reason is how horrid the multi player is. How melee can be top 3 ways to kill someone in a first person shooter if fucking beyond me.

Every game boils down to....shoot shoot..punch...shoot shoot punch. No tatcics what so ever no challenge. You are born already being above average in Halo because the game is so god damn easy to play. Thats why people who value skill will get tired of it very very quickly...where as people who just want to feel like they are good in something will love it forever and ever...hence the 50 thousand people playing.....most of which are kids.

Its gets old very very fast. That and the two most over powered, skilless cheap weapons in any video game ever.

The fisher price mommy my first sniper rifle with built in rectile that even turns red when its on an ememy all while allowing you to fire off 4 shots within 2 seconds. (you know..because snipers useally need 3 or 4 shots to kill people...thats what makes them cool)

And the press one button and fly arcross 5 ft of space for a one hit kill sword.

The game is great if you just want to pick it up and start deh ownzing of n00b$ and shitz. But if you crave the satifaction of really being skilled at a game because of its challenging nature and not because the game makes it so easy that anyone can get 10 plus kills without even firing a weapon then you will get bored realyl quick.[/QUOTE]
Tell us how you really feel.:) I actually thought the multiplayer online was pretty fun for halo 2, especially the one flag ctf. Haven't gotten a chance to play Halo 3 online, but I have to say the campaign has always been pretty crappy.

[quote name='Malik112099']I think it just feels like Bungie tried too hard[/quote]

Thats what you call trying to hard?

What exactly did they try hard on? Making the storyline identical to the 2 before it while constantly proclaiming that this one was going "finish the fight" which really meant...."yeah we have no idea how to fucking end this so lets put in yet another cliff hanger that my 6 year old sun thought up
MC isnt dead? He is just floating around in space.....DOH! Didnt see that coming....its so clever.
(3 in a row that I dont really think can be consider cliff hangers...more like give ups) that makes virtually know sense what so ever.

Or adding a bunch of new people just for the sake of killing them in really stupid ways.
seriously...can Johnson die any fucking worse than that? And who really gave a damn when they other girl died

What can you do.

[quote name='docvinh']Tell us how you really feel.:) I actually thought the multiplayer online was pretty fun for halo 2, especially the one flag ctf. Haven't gotten a chance to play Halo 3 online, but I have to say the campaign has always been pretty crappy.[/quote]

Yeah man.

Halo is the only game in my long history of playing video games that I really felt betrayed and gipped by the media and the video game producer.

I mean really....Halo 2 and Halo 3 are to of the most mediocre games on the planet. There is a list a half mile long of problems with all 3 games yet some how it scores 9's and 10's and is the greatest video game ever in the history of video games.

When it really just boils down to being a very very mediocre shallow game with a incoherent storyline that never gets fleshed out. Characters that never develop into anything other than mindless NPC. And plot that are not so much twist but more just pointless and stupid. And lets not forget that the game pretty much runs on rails...you can only go from a to b to c to d you cant choose the order of anything and you cant even decide to approach a situation a different way...

Sorry for the rant guys. I just really hate that game.

The game is great if you just want to pick it up and start deh ownzing of n00b$ and shitz. But if you crave the satifaction of really being skilled at a game because of its challenging nature and not because the game makes it so easy that anyone can get 10 plus kills without even firing a weapon then you will get bored realyl quick.[/quote]

I have played 500+ MM games and have come across maybe 10 people who are really skilled. If you played a team that had skill, you would notice how much skill/teamwork it really takes.

And if you really crave the "one shot kill" kind of game, you could always set up the game that way.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thats what you call trying to hard?

What exactly did they try hard on? Making the storyline identical to the 2 before it while constantly proclaiming that this one was going "finish the fight" which really meant...."yeah we have no idea how to fucking end this so lets put in yet another cliff hanger that my 6 year old sun thought up
MC isnt dead? He is just floating around in space.....DOH! Didnt see that coming....its so clever.
(3 in a row that I dont really think can be consider cliff hangers...more like give ups) that makes virtually know sense what so ever.

Or adding a bunch of new people just for the sake of killing them in really stupid ways.
seriously...can Johnson die any fucking worse than that? And who really gave a damn when they other girl died

What can you do.[/quote]

i was talking more about trying too hard with all the additions like 4 player co-op, tons of multiplayer options, graphics, etc and worrying less about the important stuff like the story and gameplay....that asnwer your question?

[quote name='Kapwanil']If you're still having difficulty, play through Campaign by going co-op with other friends or CAGers. If you don't care much for Campaign, try some online multiplayer with, once again, friends or CAG members. If neither appeal to you, you may as well trade it in because it isn't your cup of tea. It's OK, not every game is for everyone and why keep a game if you don't care for it?

Not having played the other two titles does hurt but it sounds as if your enjoyment wouldn't increase too much if you ran through them anyway. I think you'll eventually trade it away, but try doing that soon. In that case you can probably walk away with another recent FPS that would probably appeal to you more (ie: Orange Box, Bioshock, etc.).

Best of luck![/QUOTE]

I think I'll try and get Half-Life 2 for it...anyone want to trade? Ha.

[quote name='mrnomis27']I purchased Halo 3 around launch and simply cannot get into it?
[/QUOTE]
Have you tried scissors.....:rofl:

I never really got into halo either, I mean I dont find a game where I can unload have a mag or more of an SMG in a guy and he dosnt die, then he has an "Overshield" that gives him his health back. I thought it was lame in Halo 2 how practically every looked the exact same. I don't know, I just don't see whats so great about that game. I would much rather play CoD4.

But I did come from playing PC FPS games like dod, and Halo is a LOT different then dod.

[quote name='$hady']Buy CoD4 and forget Halo like most other FPS fans have done. :D[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. COD 4 is a much more complete gaming experience. Halo 3 couldn't live up to the hype.

I loved the first Halo and thought the campaign was excellent and flowed well, but Halo 3 seemed so rushed. You get introduced to the dragonfly and you only get to use it for a couple of minutes?!? What the hell was that? I really expected the campaign to be really fulfilling, but it fell short. Hell, Halo 2's campaign was better, IMO.

COD 4 is very fun. I can't seem to put it down. It is even more fun than the Orange Box. I think the only time I will put COD 4 down is to play Mass Effect.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Halo 3 has not lasting quality for most after the first month (of purchase).[/quote]

My brother had it for a month, played Co-Op with his friends for said month, then traded it to gamecrazy for $36 bucks and got CoD4. He basically rented it for a month for 24 bucks.

The game is great if you just want to pick it up and start deh ownzing of n00b$ and shitz. But if you crave the satifaction of really being skilled at a game because of its challenging nature and not because the game makes it so easy that anyone can get 10 plus kills without even firing a weapon then you will get bored realyl quick.[/quote]

Bitter much? You must be one hell of Halo 3 player if you think its non-competitive, and not skillfull.

Anyway, it helps playing Halo 3 with friends. I have a blast playing in a party, but won't touch the game solo online - pretty much the same with I was with Halo 2 (although Halo 3 blows H2 out of the water).

Try playing custom games with friends. Halo has many, many options, if you cant find something you like then its probably not the game for you.

[quote name='csalzman']Bitter much? You must be one hell of Halo 3 player if you think its non-competitive, and not skillfull.

Anyway, it helps playing Halo 3 with friends. I have a blast playing in a party, but won't touch the game solo online - pretty much the same with I was with Halo 2 (although Halo 3 blows H2 out of the water).[/quote]

Not really. Just very disappointed in a game that was suppose to be the 2nd coming but was mediocre.

I am not one hell of a Halo 3 player...I am average like every other person who plays the game. Its not competitive because of the way its set up.

Look at the weapons.

Sniper rifle that any idiot can use to get 5 - 8 kills before dying. With the auto aim and the reticule and the rapid fire..the damn thing piratically shoots itself thus letting anyone who can score kills as long as they are not blind. I mean...its a sniper rifle..your advantage should be that you are at long range, why give it the extra feature taking any and all skill out of it?

Swords...all you have to do is press a button and fly 10ft across the map and score a kill. Just having the weapon should score you at least (depending on what map) 5-10 kills. Yeah..thats real skillful.

Melee hits - Again..there is no way Melee hits should be top 3 on ways to kill someone in a first person shooter. Something is very wrong if people ignore being shot so they can run up and punch you. 1 to 2 melee hits scores a kill where as (depending on what gun) 10-20 shots wont. I mean unloading an entire assault rifle clip into some one and dying because he press the B button and magically covered the 4ft of ground between us is bullshit. That situation comes up 7/10 times in halo. There is almost an infinite amount of kills from that.

Nades - Have you played on Narrows? 90% of the game is just throwing nades around and hoping you hit someone. You can get at least 4-8 kills from that alone. There is almost an infinite amount of nades that you can pick up from dead bodies so just keep tossing them.

ECT ECT ECT I could go on for awhile.

My biggest problem with the game is mostly the fans. By just saying that I hate halo and I think its a horrid game will make every Halo fan shit a brick and go on a tangent trying disprove me. Halo fans simply can not stand for anyone to dislike the game.

Take the conversation me and TFN stupid ass had. I said the same thing I just said about sniper rifles and this dumb fuck says, "It turns red to keep you from shooting your own team."

Really? One team is in blue armor and the other one is in red. How stupid can you be that you still need the game to tell you who is on your team or not.

I am not bitter..I am just pointing out flaws and backing them up with extremely logically reasoning. A tactic that infuriates stupid minded people.

EDIT: Yes, playing with friends does make the game more enjoyable. But the thing is..the game has not verity so there is no reason to play through it more than once. It was great going through it the first time with my friend. It was very boring going through it the 2nd time with my other friend (I tried to just get the meta stuff and skulls to keep myself from getting bored) and I couldnt even make it off of the 2nd map when my brother wanted to play through it.

I never really got into the first Halo games, but I really like Halo 3. I have devoted 3 days 20 minutes to Halo 3, mostly multiplayer. I think you need to, as other have suggested, play with friends. I played the beta and that is what made me change my mind about getting Halo 3. I never really planned on it and I was one of the people who bought Crackdown for Crackdown and not the beta. If you want to play with someone who likes the game and has some experience, shoot me a friend request and we can play sometime. I am hooked on CoD4 right now, but I am usually down for a few games of Halo 3.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Look at the weapons.

Sniper rifle that any idiot can use to get 5 - 8 kills before dying. With the auto aim and the reticule and the rapid fire..the damn thing piratically shoots itself thus letting anyone who can score kills as long as they are not blind. I mean...its a sniper rifle..your advantage should be that you are at long range, why give it the extra feature taking any and all skill out of it?

Swords...all you have to do is press a button and fly 10ft across the map and score a kill. Just having the weapon should score you at least (depending on what map) 5-10 kills. Yeah..thats real skillful.

Melee hits - Again..there is no way Melee hits should be top 3 on ways to kill someone in a first person shooter. Something is very wrong if people ignore being shot so they can run up and punch you. 1 to 2 melee hits scores a kill where as (depending on what gun) 10-20 shots wont. I mean unloading an entire assault rifle clip into some one and dying because he press the B button and magically covered the 4ft of ground between us is bullshit. That situation comes up 7/10 times in halo. There is almost an infinite amount of kills from that.

Nades - Have you played on Narrows? 90% of the game is just throwing nades around and hoping you hit someone. You can get at least 4-8 kills from that alone. There is almost an infinite amount of nades that you can pick up from dead bodies so just keep tossing them.
[/quote]

Whoa, back it up buddy. The Sniper Rifle is waaaay harder to use than in Halo 2. There is very little auto aim (no magnatism this time!), it doesn't rapid fire, and there is a kick back. Maybe you are confused with the Halo 2 sniper rifle, which sucked balls. And really, who gives a shit if the reticle turns red? The only problem with the sniper rifle is the hit detiction doesn't always register head shots - that is pretty lame.

The sword is nerfed to high hell compared to Halo 2 (are you sure thats not what you're playing?). It can't be power whiped out of no where, so if you see someone coming at you with the sword like an idiot, start backpedaling - it also helps to have a battlerifle and aim at is head (that whole skill thing you were talking about). Oh, and the sword actually runs out of ammo this time.

Melee's overpowered? Are you kidding me? One melee will not kill a fullyshielded opponent, and there is a long delay between them, so they are only effective as a FINISHER - say you unload some ammo in him, then melee. You know, combat strategy. Maybe in low level games its an AR and melee spray fest, but when players actually start picking up other weapons the game is fantastic. You should try it sometime.

Nades arn't as powerful as in previous Halo games. A direct hit won't kill a fully shielded opponent unless you stick them, requiring some finishing work.

In summary...wtf are you smoking? You don't like the game - fine. But don't call it "shallow" and say "everyone is average" when you obviously don't even have a grasp on the fundamentals of the game.

Halo 3 was built up to be the game that blew up the universe, but it kinda fizzled out.
The Plot is so thin you can litterally see the guys at bungie jerking off on their money piles.

The best game I ever played that had a well built plot was recently when i bought the orange Box, Half Life 2 is just goddamn amazing, the characters the weaopons, the enviroment, thats how a video game is supposed to be made.

[quote name='csalzman']Whoa, back it up buddy. The Sniper Rifle is waaaay harder to use than in Halo 2. There is very little auto aim (no magnatism this time!), it doesn't rapid fire, and there is a kick back. Maybe you are confused with the Halo 2 sniper rifle, which sucked balls. And really, who gives a shit if the reticle turns red? The only problem with the sniper rifle is the hit detiction doesn't always register head shots - that is pretty lame.

The sword is nerfed to high hell compared to Halo 2 (are you sure thats not what you're playing?). It can't be power whiped out of no where, so if you see someone coming at you with the sword like an idiot, start backpedaling - it also helps to have a battlerifle and aim at is head (that whole skill thing you were talking about). Oh, and the sword actually runs out of ammo this time.

Melee's overpowered? Are you kidding me? One melee will not kill a fullyshielded opponent, and there is a long delay between them, so they are only effective as a FINISHER - say you unload some ammo in him, then melee. You know, combat strategy. Maybe in low level games its an AR and melee spray fest, but when players actually start picking up other weapons the game is fantastic. You should try it sometime.

Nades arn't as powerful as in previous Halo games. A direct hit won't kill a fully shielded opponent unless you stick them, requiring some finishing work.

In summary...wtf are you smoking? You don't like the game - fine. But don't call it "shallow" and say "everyone is average" when you obviously don't even have a grasp on the fundamentals of the game.[/quote]

Yeah of course...back to the age old internet.."DUR...You must not have deh skillz to bes goods at deh game" argument.

God I love how we have youtube so I can crush stupid ass comments easier.

The fact that the sniper rifle is harder to use has no bearing what so ever. Its still easy as fuck to kill any number of people with it. It does have rapid fire...as in there is less than a 1 second gap in between firing sniper bullets. As seen here.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JT8JfRx0s6M[/MEDIA]

Now I admit..that guy is very skilled with the sniper rifle. I am merely using this to show that you can indeed shot many shots with a sniper rifle in a short amount of time. Thus increasing how many people can get kills from it.

Here is another video. I think this guy is worse than the first video posted but he gets just as many kills due to the easy sniper.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yBwl5D-v_Vg[/media]
What the fuck are you even talking about when you try to defend the sword. Here is a video.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EH9-tqKKT60[/media]
Guy does nothing but chase after people and press the R trigger. This also shows him magically cover 3ft of ground between him and his targets many times. Your back pedal logic is flawed as all hell because you run faster straight than you do when you back pedal. The greatest thing about this video is that is shows two of my points. During it some guy who can clearly see that he has the sword rushes towards him so he can melee him instead of shooting at him. Typically Halo logic. (I also thing is funny how he died by a nade instead of getting shot.)

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YIT9TTPrcO8[/media]
Would you look at that. A melee that makes the guy fly forward 5 yards instantly and takes away his shield in one hit...one more hit would have killed him.

Here is another one just for good measure. [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WU0q2g_PV5A&feature=related[/media]
What were you saying again?

[quote name='joe2187']
The best game I ever played that had a well built plot was recently when i bought the orange Box, Half Life 2 is just goddamn amazing, the characters the weaopons, the enviroment, thats how a video game is supposed to be made.[/quote]
Exactly. If you want a good single player FPS (with a great multiplayer game too), get Orange Box. Half Life 2 is the BEST FPS I have ever played. Episode 1 does lack, but Episode 2 was great the whole way through. Halo 3 is the FPS party game IMO. "Everyone" can pick it up and play, unlike better (more hardcore/advanced) games like COD4, TF2, or the Battlefield Series (PC ones at least). My friends think that the Halo series has the best multiplayer, but they never have invested time learning other, more advanced FPS games. Halo 3 is a good game at best, but the competition raised the bar (actually years before).

Back to the OP's question... Try playing custom games, especially with friends. If no game type interests you, well then sell/trade it. I would try playing COD4 or Orange Box if you are looking for good FPS games.

People that say Halo takes no skill are hilarious. It is a game that's easy to pick up and play but it's hard to be good at the game.

If you don't want to get hit with melee than don't let people get so close to you. If you don't want someone to get an easy 2-shot snipe on you than don't run around in the open without looking at where everybody is at first. It's not that difficult.

Soodmeg, feel free to look up my stats at Bungie.net. About 6% of my kills are from melees and I have a 2 to 1 kill ratio in both ranked and social games. This game is what you make of it, it gives you alot of freedom in your style of play. If you don't want to unload a full clip of assault rifle on someone and then melee then find a different way to play.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Exactly. If you want a good single player FPS (with a great multiplayer game too), get Orange Box. Half Life 2 is the BEST FPS I have ever played. Episode 1 does lack, but Episode 2 was great the whole way through. Halo 3 is the FPS party game IMO. "Everyone" can pick it up and play, unlike better (more hardcore/advanced) games like COD4, TF2, or the Battlefield Series (PC ones at least). My friends thought that the Halo series has the best multiplayer, but they never have invested time learning other, more advanced FPS games. Halo 3 is a good game at best, but the competition now raised the bar.

Back to the OP's question... Try playing custom games, especially with friends. If no game type interests you, well then sell/trade it. I would try playing COD4 or Orange Box if you are looking for good FPS games.[/quote]

Is that not exactly what I just said?

The game is a pick up and play game where everyone is pretty much above average even if they know nothing about it?

I swear to god CAG is the full of the stragiest people I have ever read online. Most of the time people hate it when you just make blind statements without any proof or reasoing.

I make it a habit to at least back my statements up with some type of logic and people shit a brick and go all fucking crazy. I have made more enemies on CAG by backing up my statements with logic than any other thing.

[quote name='Puzznic']People that say Halo takes no skill are hilarious. It is a game that's easy to pick up and play but it's hard to be good at the game.

If you don't want to get hit with melee than don't let people get so close to you. If you don't want someone to get an easy 2-shot snipe on you than don't run around in the open without looking at where everybody is at first. It's not that difficult.

Soodmeg, feel free to look up my stats at Bungie.net. About 6% of my kills are from melees and I have a 2 to 1 kill ratio in both ranked and social games. This game is what you make of it, it gives you alot of freedom in your style of play. If you don't want to unload a full clip of assault rifle on someone and then melee then find a different way to play.[/quote]

I disagree fully. I think people who say Halo take skill is hilarious. The game is very easy to pick up and play. Its only hard to be good at because everyone is pretty much the same.

If I dont want someone to melee dont let them get close? That is the worst logic I have ever seen. Next time I will just spin around in a circle to make sure that people dont spawn behind me. Also...you seem to be forget (and the video shows) that melee hits magically cover 4 or 5 fit of ground..so even if the person wasnt that close to be to begin with...all he has to do is merely press the B button and cover all of the distance between him and me.

It doesnt matter if one person (IE you) has less than 6% melee....I was speaking as a whole. And no...I will not look at your halo stats online...I am really not that interested in the stats of a cookie cutter FPS that everyone is good at.

So again. Your logic (the little you provided) does not stand up. The only thing you have said is.."if you dont want to get hit with the melee....dont let people melee you." which is flawed as all get out since I just showed you a video of the magic suction melee that halo has.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Is that not exactly what I just said?

The game is a pick up and play game where everyone is pretty much above average even if they know nothing about it?

I swear to god CAG is the full of the stragiest people I have ever read online. Most of the time people hate it when you just make blind statements without any proof or reasoing.

I make it a habit to at least back my statements up with some type of logic and people shit a brick and go all fucking crazy. I have made more enemies on CAG by backing up my statements with logic than any other thing.[/quote]

Yea, I was just restating in support of your post. :)

[quote name='Soodmeg']
What were you saying again?[/quote]

Dude, are you for real? The sniper clips did nothing to refute what I said, nor did it support anything you claimed about it. The first clip was a MONTAGE - and no where in it did the player get rapid fire kills. The 2nd clip was a guy going on a tear with the sniper on narrows....big deal, its a powerfull weapon in the hands of a skilled player (not to sound like an ass here - I am certifiably terrible with the sniper and I'm a lvl 45 in team slayer).

The sword video was a guy killing a bunch of bad players that looked like they were not paying attention. Impressive stuff.

And congratulations, you pointed out what we all know. There is a melee lunge attack. And as I said it takes two melees to kill someone - more than enough time for a good player to finish him off first.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
So again. Your logic (the little you provided) does not stand up. The only thing you have said is.."if you dont want to get hit with the melee....dont let people melee you." which is flawed as all get out since I just showed you a video of the magic suction melee that halo has.[/QUOTE]

The logic he provided is that he has a very respectable kill to death ratio and of those numerous kills, only 6% came from melee attacks. If melee was so all-mighty in Halo 3, someone with a good k/d ratio would be using more melee.

I dont understand this whole argument thing, what does melee have to do with anything? You either get used to how the game plays and keep at it or dont and play something else, useless comparisons only lead to pissing contests and bullshit

The OP like alot of people is suffering from "WheresMyeHype?", The question was "Cant seem to get into halo 3". Dont get me wrong its not a bad game it had it fun moments and i had a good times and filled some of my seriously lacking friends list by playing it, but its not for everybody and sadly the hype only killed the game's reputation.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I disagree fully. I think people who say Halo take skill is hilarious. The game is very easy to pick up and play. Its only hard to be good at because everyone is pretty much the same.

If I dont want someone to melee dont let them get close? That is the worst logic I have ever seen. Next time I will just spin around in a circle to make sure that people dont spawn behind me. Also...you seem to be forget (and the video shows) that melee hits magically cover 4 or 5 fit of ground..so even if the person wasnt that close to be to begin with...all he has to do is merely press the B button and cover all of the distance between him and me.

It doesnt matter if one person (IE you) has less than 6% melee....I was speaking as a whole. And no...I will not look at your halo stats online...I am really not that interested in the stats of a cookie cutter FPS that everyone is good at.

So again. Your logic (the little you provided) does not stand up. The only thing you have said is.."if you dont want to get hit with the melee....dont let people melee you." which is flawed as all get out since I just showed you a video of the magic suction melee that halo has.[/QUOTE]

Some of the weapon lunges do need to be toned down some but 4 to 5 feet is still letting someone get very close. Pay attention to your surroundings, watch your radar, and walk backwards while shooting if someone tries to run in to close the gap.

Most of this so called "logic" you provide are half-truths at best. It's easy to snipe people...........if you can actually get your hands on the sniper rifle and the opposing team is running around in the open like idiots. Melees are powerful................if you can actually catch someone by surprise and manage to both close the gap and get their shield down first.

Oh, and for someone that has no interest in the game you seem to be pretty obsessed with it.

[quote name='joe2187']I dont understand this whole argument thing, what does melee have to do with anything? You either get used to how the game plays and keep at it or dont and play something else, useless comparisons only lead to pissing contests and bullshit

The OP like alot of people is suffering from "WheresMyeHype?", The question was "Cant seem to get into halo 3". Dont get me wrong its not a bad game it had it fun moments and i had a good times and filled some of my seriously lacking friends list by playing it, but its not for everybody and sadly the hype only killed the game's reputation.[/quote]

Much agreed to. I just now traded my halo 3 "limited" edition for some blu rays. Havent played it since i 1ked it months ago. It just never had appeal for me.. I beat the campaign with friends, then played some online with friends.. nothing after that.

0 replay value.

And no offense to the young ppl out there, its annoying as hell playing with a bunch of 9 year olds online. They are freaking stupid.. running around meleeing and using sniper rifles 24/7.. or just never shutting up.. or singing songs.. I had over 1000 ppl muted in three days from halo 3 online..

I agree, Halo 3 is garbage...

Headshots with the snipe miss constantly.

The melee system is trash, as are the shotgun battles. I don't know how many hundreds of times I've melee'd or shottied a guy with no shield, the game makes the noise of the melee or your shotgun and they don't die. There is just WAY too much randomness.

Vehicles are horribly overpowered (High Ground ghosts anyone?)

The community is just as terrible as Halo 2

Yeah, it's fun for some time, but as far as skill goes this game is just far too random and host dependent.

I just want Halo 1 online and I'll be happy.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Yea, I was just restating in support of your post. :)[/quote]
Thank you. I just think it strange that the more footage, facts, points, that I make the more people think I am the one who is an idiot.

[quote name='csalzman']Dude, are you for real? The sniper clips did nothing to refute what I said, nor did it support anything you claimed about it. The first clip was a MONTAGE - and no where in it did the player get rapid fire kills. The 2nd clip was a guy going on a tear with the sniper on narrows....big deal, its a powerfull weapon in the hands of a skilled player (not to sound like an ass here - I am certifiably terrible with the sniper and I'm a lvl 45 in team slayer).

The sword video was a guy killing a bunch of bad players that looked like they were not paying attention. Impressive stuff.

And congratulations, you pointed out what we all know. There is a melee lunge attack. And as I said it takes two melees to kill someone - more than enough time for a good player to finish him off first.[/quote]

Sure. No point going on with you. You have it set in your head that you are right so no amount of video I provide will change that. Again. I said the sniper video was for looking at how fast he was firing his shots..not the skill of the sniper. Thanks for reading that part.

The sword video was a guy killing bad players? fucking christ...I hate when idiots say this. You just pulled the 2 biggest douche bag cards.

"You dislike the game because you are not good at it."
"No no no...the players were just bad."

Two statements that you dont have a fucking shred of evidence to back up. How do you know they were bad players how do you now I am not the greatest Halo player ever? (I am not but you dont know that. Actually when I stopped playing I think I was level 30 something so I know my way around) You dont...your just making a blind fucking statement without backing anything up. Yeah, I know you are talking out of you ass without any proof what so ever. It happens.

As for the melee comment. I dont think you even understand what the hell you are talking about. I said the game is very easy and unskillful with one of the reason being that their is a lunge melee attack thus making it easier to kill someone.

You first replied...how wrong I was about the melee system...then your second reply is "Congrats you just pointed out something we all know...they there is a lunge melee system."

You disagreed my point by pointing out that my point was right.

I would actually have to ask you what the fuck you are smoking.

Honostly, if you think the game is so easy and unskillfull we should play sometime. The game is very challenging and intense at high levels.

bread's done
Back