I despise iTunes

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been attempting to use iTunes for the past ten years.  I have always hated it, and I think I hate it more than ever now.  It is the most unintuitive mess of a program that has little or no regard for what the user wants to happen versus what it thinks should happen.

I recently purchased a download of 5 "albums"--they're singing lessons.  They came in a zip file, and I opened it up and unpacked them to my external hard drive.  I want them on my iPhone, so I opened up iTunes, dragged the folders for each album onto iTunes.  It processed, and they appeared in my "recently added" list.

I then plugged in my iPhone (with great trepidation, as always when using iTunes), dragged the new albums from Recently Added over to my phone.

But they're not on my phone.

I can't find them anywhere on iTunes, either.

So I go over to the sync screen.  I have a huge mess of music on my external hard drive, which I have "imported" into iTunes (hopefully managing to avoid it copying anything from my external hard drive to my main hard drive, but who knows).  I can't find them there either.

I am sad and upset and give up.

I then scramble to change my podcast settings, because it is presently downloading a ton of podcasts onto my hard drive.  I do not want them on my hard drive.  They are already on my phone.  Why would I want them in two places?

While I'm there, I click the sync boxes for a few albums that would be fun to have on my phone.  I then click sync.

And at the last step, it begins copying all the podcasts from my phone onto my hard drive.

What?

I cancel it all and get out of the program and search for an outlet to vent about how much I fucking hate iTunes.

Thanks for listening to my vent.  If anyone can help me figure out how to use iTunes, I'd appreciate it.  Meanwhile, I'm just going to put my singing lesson MP3s into Dropbox instead.

bread's done
Back