I did not pay $48 so my friends and I could play Uncharted 2 for 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jeffrubenstein']A key part of the story is missing here: Saticoy walked away with a full, retail copy of Uncharted 2.

I'm sorry about the lack of food, saticoy, but I hope that this in some way went towards making up for that.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

So OP is a douchebag.

Not that I didn't suspect so from making such a huge deal about free food.

Hey, Jeff, I am also disgruntled because the event did not go as planned. I will be writing to sony and naughty dog immediately. I could be persuaded against this with free stuff, but will still post about it on a forum.

[quote name='whoknows']So OP is a douchebag.

Not that I didn't suspect so from making such a huge deal about free food.[/QUOTE]
Yea, if he got a copy. They basically paid for him to go and watch U2 footage/play in a tournament.

But, he did not get ANY pretzels. BUT... I sure did:
(actual picture taken by me at the event)
U2andrandoms036.jpg

Yummy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BoomHeadshot']
If you're that pissed, sell your PS3 and buy some food with it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, this quote is way too funny.

And seriously, with any sort of event like this, by free food they mean popcorn/pretzels and soda and that's about it. Nothing worth skipping eating just so that you go to it hungry. Sucks that they didn't have anything at all but still, you were definitely expecting way too much.

My food count from the event (didn't eat it all... was too nervous for the Tournie):
-Mini-burger
-Pretzel
-Crabcake
-Cesar Salad (w/ edible tortilla cup)
-Popcorn
-M&M's (Peanuts)
-Redvines
-Pepsi
-Water
(shared with GF + she got food)

And was too full to eat the quesadilla and guacamole they had. Yup - I like to rub it in OP's post. And near the end the MC kept letting people know that there were more crab cakes and burgers, but everyone was full.

Ahw...

He made this huge deal and emailed 38 people over free food. I think it's pretty obvious he was just trying to get something free.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']My food count from the event (didn't eat it all... was too nervous for the Tournie):
-Mini-burger
-Pretzel
-Crabcake
-Cesar Salad (w/ edible tortilla cup)
-Popcorn
-M&M's (Peanuts)
-Redvines
-Pepsi
-Water
(shared with GF + she got food)

And was too full to eat the quesadilla and guacamole they had. Yup - I like to rub it in OP's post. And near the end the MC kept letting people know that there were more crab cakes and burgers, but everyone was full.

Ahw...[/QUOTE]

Your bragging about the event and getting the game for free has gone from "good for him" to "this guy is annoying as fuck"

Dang. Should have bitched about it instead...

Brought it up a bunch in this thread, because everyone else is seems to be so vocal on bashing the event (see 5 pages). And I actually enjoyed it. And I only brought it up once in the GGT and some in the Uncharted 2 thread. But, doesn't matter you guys are locked in with your preconceived notions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dang. Should have bitched about it instead...

Brought it up a bunch in this thread, because everyone else is seems to be so vocal on bashing the event (see 5 pages). And I actually enjoyed it. And I only brought it up once in the GGT and some in the Uncharted 2 thread. But, doesn't matter you guys are locked in with your preconceived notions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have talked a LOT about it. Once again, that's great but it has gotten annoying quickly.

Well, I apologize if I came off annoying about it. I've been more vocal about it in this thread due to the overwhelming negativity regarding the event. I being the minority and actually enjoying the event, thought it was insane what crap people were spewing in this thread. But, if I came off as a bragging SOB I will definitely refrain from mentioning it any more.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Well, I apologize if I came off annoying about it. I've been more vocal about it in this thread due to the overwhelming negativity regarding the event. I being the minority and actually enjoying the event, thought it was insane what crap people were spewing in this thread. But, if I came off as a bragging SOB I will definitely refrain from mentioning it any more.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, except you didn't actually go to the event everyone is complaining about.

To start off, I went to the VIP event in SF.

I knew there would be "food", but by the time we were let in (back of the line peeps) all the food was gone. I, technically, didn't get food either. But regardless, I knew there was gonna be food and I still had a light snack before we head out. I didn't know what "food" entailed so I wasn't gonna be satisfied with chips so I planned ahead.

Dk what I read, but it was clear to me that there would have been a tournament. I only had time to play the night before but I wasn't going in expecting to win anyway. And the event is called a SNEAK PREVIEW!!! Even if you did practice a bit, the whole point of using a "new" map (and the same one thereafter) was to eliminate any advantages ppl had from playing the online BETA. And they picked this stage because it coincides with the "never before seen" stage they demoed first. (Op, were you under the impression you'd get to play the single-player mode yourself?).

But if you only got to play 15 mins than how do you think others felt that lasted only 1 round er that didn't get to play at all?

And I think the raffling split between rounds was a good idea. Gave ppl who weren't playing a chance to get excited every so often.

Granted I did go for free, I really have been excited for this game and would've payed $15 JUST for the demos, JUST for the tourney, JUST for the raffle, JUST for the experience AND... JUST for the fact that I'm seeing things others aren't and playing something others aren't and CAN'T for another week. If you were that tight on money then you shouldn't have gone. And quit saying you payed $48 out of your wallet when you clearly state later that you refund your friends.. btw, I didn't see you mention that they were dissatisfied in any way. Only that you had told them there would be food and there wasn't.

+10000000000000000000 to the fact that you are just tryna get some freebies. Oh, and are greedy. Name calling, yes. I myself, well for one, would not have taken this as bad as you. But even if I did, I would be content with an apology. Also, because I'm a grown up and this is what grownups do (you'll learn someday), I would have contacted the necessary parties FIRST, then if I got no response I would contact them again to iterate that I will ask for advice on my situation on public forums. Then, if no response again, only at that point would I have gone and went public with it. I would have chosen my words better, but whatever.

If you were making a trade with someone on here would you want them to automatically give you a 0% feedback rating without you being able to respond? I definitely think you went about this wrong.

***and to everyone else... no he did not get a game. Maybe he was supposed to and that's why Jeff said he did. Maybe the LA showing wasn't going about it correctly. THAT should be brought to Sony's attention and not just automatically blame sony and naughty dog as a whole.

P.s. as asked earlier... what do you(op) really expect to happen? What is your purpose in all this? Honestly, if I was in your shoes, I still would buy ps3 games. And still go to other similar events.

P.p.s. your title says you didn't pay $48 (for the 3 of you) to play 15 mins of uncharted. So why did you pay? Food? You know how ridiculous that sounds? Because it does very much seem to be what your wholee gripe is about.

P.p.p.s. assault, as you were claiming had been commited, is not any contact at all. Assault is you were put in fear of bodily harm. And battery is the actual contact with intent to harm.

OP must be too busy playing Uncharted 2 to come back and comment lol

But all kidding aside, if they really did give you a copy of the game, then it sounds like they tried to at least let you walk away happy and shame on your for leaving it out.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']OP gets mad at the daily lotto cause he loses 5 bucks every day and doesn't get anything from it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkNessBear']:applause::applause:

I believe this thread is now dead.[/QUOTE]

The OP mentions that there were 15 copies of the game auctioned off. If he won one, I think he would have mentioned it.

Even if he did get the game, I know Ugamer had an equally shitty experience.

[quote name='jeffrubenstein']A key part of the story is missing here: Saticoy walked away with a full, retail copy of Uncharted 2.

I'm sorry about the lack of food, saticoy, but I hope that this in some way went towards making up for that.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Wow, now that changes everything! If i have to drive two hours and paid $48 for a free copy of U2 a week earlier than everybody else? Who cares about food! Most of us have to pay $60 for the game next week.... Lucky sob!

Even if he got a game, he's still right that they didn't have what they said they would. And unless everybody got a game, there are still people who paid, didn't get what was advertised, and didn't get a game to make up for it.

OP should
1. send a bill to Sony for the food he had to buy at the theater,
2. should not have given his two friends their $16 back,
3. should have been happy with the T-shirt and sneak preview he got, and
4. should have learned a lesson to not pay to attend promotional events then bitch about it on CAG.

[quote name='Trakan']The OP mentions that there were 15 copies of the game auctioned off. If he won one, I think he would have mentioned it.

Even if he did get the game, I know Ugamer had an equally shitty experience.[/QUOTE]Yup.

LOL Personally, I don't see why the hell people would PAY in the first place. I'd never pay to go to an event to promote a game, even if they had food and free copies of the game to give out. Well, maybe if I was guaranteed a copy of the game, since a new release title for $16 is a steal.

Then again, I didn't think the original Uncharted was that good anyway. Now if this were for something from Rockstar Games, I might consider it. But even then it'd have to be that everything was guaranteed that was advertised for the promo. If even one thing was MIA from the event that was promised, then I would do exactly like the OP and complain.

As for "Jeff" saying the OP got a copy of the game, reps lie all the damn time, so why should we believe him at face value?

I let my friend (James) borrow my account to post this because he doesn't have one, and WOW that was a crazy response.

Hi there! It's me, the real Saticoy.

There were 7 of us who went that James knew.

Me
James
PK
Fatguy
Chris
Jimmy
Heather

(Jimmy and Heather won one copy and were happy with the event, so I'm leaving them out of the story).

James is the one who wrote all of that (everything is from his point of view).

Here's my clarification:
James bought 3 tickets for him, PK and Fatguy. Chris and I got our own.

James and Fatguy BOTH won a copy via the raffle. James gave his copy to me afterwards (and I'll probably give it to PK to play when I'm done), and Fatguy doesn't own a PS3 so he gave his copy to Chris.

Since James, PK and Fatguy didn't get anything worth $16 from the event, James gave them their money back and vowed to get back the $48 he spent for the block of tickets back.

He asked for someone's name and got assaulted. No matter who you are, you need to handle something like that professionally, but it didn't happen so James started getting even more upset.

So in the end, James did not end up with a copy of the game, and only wants money back on the 3 tickets he paid for.

He came to my place afterwards and posted that while I was playing U2- great game by the way- I'm sure James would have bought his own copy if he had been at least acknowledged that something went wrong, but ask any other person who tried to ask what happened- the employees said it wasn't there fault, and refused to try to help us contact the right people.

-Saticoy

Wow, man, you probably should have said so in the first place if the OP wasn't written by you. Because now it looks a lot like you're only saying that because you wrote something that wasn't completely true and then got called on it. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, man, you probably should have said so in the first place if the OP wasn't written by you. Because now it looks a lot like you're only saying that because you wrote something that wasn't completely true and then got called on it. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

No, every single thing was true, and I'm completely on his side. It's just when Jeff (who is he anyways) said that James won a copy, it's true, but he gave that away to make up for the money that I spent.

Until he gets a call back from SCEA or Naughty Dog, I think he's in the right.

That's cool, I have no reason to doubt you-- doesn't affect my life at all one way or the other. :) It's just funny because you see it on message boards all the time, someone says something provocative, doesn't get the response they were expecting, and then it turns out that their account was "hijacked" or whatever excuse. Next time you might want to tell your friend to get their own login. :)

Wait a minute, let me make sure I have this right OP,

You're saying you lent your account to Chris who spent $48 on tickets for you, Beaky Mick and Titch to go to the events, Dave, Steve and Lilly bought their own tickets, Heather bough tickets for her and PK. Steve, Roger and Simon all won copies of U2 in the raffle but John gave the copy he won to Alison cos he didn't have a PS3, Sam gave the copy he won to Dominic who the gave it back to Roger because Alan had mostly slept through the whole thing and hadn't seen much.

So as you, Martin, Jeff and Lauren were playing U2, Chris posted on behalf of Alan and Heather because they'd paid for tickets for Jimmy and Milo who felt they hadn't had their $16 dollars worth even though they ended up with Paul and Tim's copies of the game?

Seems perfectly clear to me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's cool, I have no reason to doubt you-- doesn't affect my life at all one way or the other. :) It's just funny because you see it on message boards all the time, someone says something provocative, doesn't get the response they were expecting, and then it turns out that their account was "hijacked" or whatever excuse. Next time you might want to tell your friend to get their own login. :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter to me, I never really post here. And everything he said is true, so even if people don't understand the problem I'm sure I can live with them hating the encompassing Saticoy.

[quote name='benjamouth']Wait a minute, let me make sure I have this right OP,

You're saying you lent your account to Chris who spent $48 on tickets for you, Beaky Mick and Titch to go to the events, Dave, Steve and Lilly bought their own tickets, Heather bough tickets for her and PK. Steve, Roger and Simon all won copies of U2 in the raffle but John gave the copy he won to Alison cos he didn't have a PS3, Sam gave the copy he won to Dominic who the gave it back to Roger because Alan had mostly slept through the whole thing and hadn't seen much.

So as you, Martin, Jeff and Lauren were playing U2, Chris posted on behalf of Alan and Heather because they'd paid for tickets for Jimmy and Milo who felt they hadn't had their $16 dollars worth even though they ended up with Paul and Tim's copies of the game?

Seems perfectly clear to me.[/QUOTE]

Really? Because it sounds like you just made up everything you posted.

Saticoy has mulitple personality disorder.

So, if James wrote the story on your blog... why would he leave your email? Doesn't James have his own email account?

[quote name='Esper']Saticoy has mulitple personality disorder.

So, if James wrote the story on your blog... why would he leave your email? Doesn't James have his own email account?[/QUOTE]

It was a default setting on my Mail account. He copied and pasted it form there.

Edit: Just checked, and the email he sent out has his real name and phone number.

Wait, let me get this straight. James buys three tickets, two of which wins copies of a currently unreleased game, but doesn't get free food, so he complains that he didn't get his 16$ worth? The fact that he gave his game away is moot.

Hell, if that's his sole argument, I personally wouldn't mind refunding his 48 bucks, in exchange for the 2 copies of U2 and other swag.

I'd like to make an accusation involving a room, an implement of murder, and a name from a diverse array of colorful personalities.

[quote name='saticoy']I let my friend (James) borrow my account to post this because he doesn't have one, and WOW that was a crazy response.[/QUOTE]Good job in violating the TOS for CAG by letting someone use your account. :wall:

Next time, why don't you just have someone make an account for themselves, so there's no confusion about the situation.

I think it's time to put this trainwreck in the done category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back