I don't like people who run red lights....

slimpip

CAGiversary!
My back hurts...

My Caddy is dead...

I have to go to court...

And now I have to get another car....

Damnit.

Well, today was probably one of the most angry days of my life. Yes, angry day. I was coming home from school and was getting ready to make a left turn. The light turned yellow and the cars coming in my direction began to slow down. I started my damn turn when I notice some guy who had slowed before hand accelerate for no reason (right when the light turned red) and come right at me. Through a red light. Needless to say my Caddy is dead, I am hurt (I'm 6'4" ~290) the guy hit me going about 35. The glass exploded on the passenger side and I saw it coming. I actually caught a piece of it and cut my hand a little.

The guy (THROUGH A TRANSLATOR, HE SPOKE NO ENGLISH) stated he was in a rush to get to the hospital that I was eventually taken to, because he had an injured right foot. Yes, an injury on his driving foot. He was driving without shoes. Yes, without shoes. He had his child and wife in the car. They were all OK.

An off duty police officer saw the whole thing, and they ended up writing him two tickets, one for failure to avoid an accident and failure to obey a traffic signal. Then they told me I have to go to court if he disputes. GRRRRRR.

I have back whiplash and no car. His car sustained minor damage.

But, damnit! My Caddy Deville is dead! 1989-2003(when I got her)-2005 :( May she rest in pieces.

UPDATE

This guy is disputing the charges.... I really don't understand how that is even possible, but he is. He is now claiming he took his wife to the hospital after he signed a refusal form for treatment. And is also claiming he had no injury on his foot (beforehand). BULLSHIT.

I mean come on now. like 3-4 witnesses signed on the report including an off duty police officer who said this guy ran the red light. How can he even say this was my fault?

:headache:

[quote name='Moxio']Damn it. They shouldn't let people who can't speak English drive. Period.

And hospital? B f'ing S.[/QUOTE]

You do know that there is no official language in the US Mox. That hardly seems fair.

Red==Stop is univeral anyway.

[quote name='Moxio']Damn it. They shouldn't let people who can't speak English drive. Period.

Do you honestly think it stops them from driving if they can't get a license? He should be so lucky if the guy that hit him is licensed and insured.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You do know that there is no official language in the US Mox. That hardly seems fair.

Red==Stop is univeral anyway.[/QUOTE]

True, but since most products and books and magazines and anything readable is in English, then you should at least learn how to read it if they want to function properly. At least they could BS without needing to do it through a translator.

I don't think a "hurt" foot is an emergency, let alone one big enough to go through a red light.

yeah, send those illeterate immigrants, and there crafty lies back to where they came from, and then give all those unemployed americans, landscaping jobs,

Do they offer the written portion of the driving exam in other languages? If not, I wonder how he passed :?

[quote name='Ozzkev55']yeah, send those illeterate immigrants, and there crafty lies back to where they came from, and then give all those unemployed americans, landscaping jobs,[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Yea, I was very lucky he was insured and liscensed. Now, I have to try and get past hs insurance company which has screwed me in the past (someone hit me in a parking lot backing out while I was stationary, and they told me I should use more caution in the parking lot) :dunce:

Yeah, and put 'em all in big cattle boats and ship 'em back to where they came from, right? They're probably all anarchists, communists, and terrorists anyway, right?

in some states the do give exams in multiple languages, its unfair not to, since as stated, there is no national language in america.

[quote name='arsenalgear']Yeah, and put 'em all in big cattle boats and ship 'em back to where they came from, right? They're probably all anarchists, communists, and terrorists anyway, right?[/QUOTE]

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I did not say that. They should learn to speak English because it is so hard to communicate with them over serious matters such as this when you can't speak the same language. Since English is the dominant language spoken in the USA, it should be high on the list of priorities.

And let's not go into the "omfg overseas jobs no more for me?" topic.

Sorry to hear about your accident. At least you are okay, in general -- right? It could have been turned out much worse.

A buddy of mine got hit, and seriously injured in a car wreck in Vegas by an illegal alien from Mexico. When the cops got there the the guy said "So I don't pay, I just get deported, right?" Sure enough he did, and left my buddy with no car, two weeks in the hospital, and months of pain afterwards.

[quote name='davidmt']Sorry to hear about your accident. At least you are okay, in general -- right? It could have been turned out much worse.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) And yea it could have been a lot worse than it is right now, seeing as I had no seat belt on :oops:

[quote name='slimpip']:rofl:

Yea, I was very lucky he was insured and liscensed. Now, I have to try and get past hs insurance company which has screwed me in the past (someone hit me in a parking lot backing out while I was stationary, and they told me I should use more caution in the parking lot) :dunce:[/QUOTE]

I got hit by a mexican in the parking lot a month ago! He spoke no english and tried tellin me everything was alright. He hit me perpendicularly at about 20 mph, thats hella fast for a parking lot and he tries to so no damage, what the hell. Also he had no insurance, what a $$$$in asshole!

You'd eliminate half of the drivers here! I'd support anything to lighten this traffic here. I've almost been hit 6 or 7 times att various places since I've gotten here. I hate this traffic.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']You'd eliminate half of the drivers here! I'd support anything to lighten this traffic here. I've almost been hit 6 or 7 times att various places since I've gotten here. I hate this traffic.[/QUOTE]

Half the drivers, half the traffic. :bouncy: j/k

[quote name='Moxio']Half the drivers, half the traffic. :bouncy: j/k[/QUOTE]

:lol: Of course, I already suspect that the whole city of Phoenix goes home through the one road in front of my school so I'd be all for getting rid of them somehow.

That's good you're alright slimpip. Sorry to hear about your caddy.

I almost got hit by an SUV running a red light, and about an hour later I ended up getting hit by a minivan (who was hit by about 3 other cars which were hit by a 18-wheeler) while waiting at a red light. Luckily there was no damage to my car, though the other cars were in pretty bad shape.

Its good your ok OP.
Sadly every day I drive home from school I have to join with traffic from the plant that makes Amana appliances for a few miles before I get home. I fear that someday one of those morons are going to run into me.

Damn, I almost got hit today too same situation, but I sped the hell up just in time. Sorry about your Caddy man...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Cadillac. You've never heard that before? :shock:[/QUOTE]

I don't care about, or know much of anything about cars. I also don't hang around many "car people". I know what a cadllac is but never heard the term caddy to refer to it.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I don't care about, or know much of anything about cars. I also don't hang around many "car people". I know what a cadllac is but never heard the term caddy to refer to it.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I had no idea what kind of car a "caddy" was until I saw the post that said it is a cadllac.

Good thing you are ok...especially with no seatbelt tsk tsk ;)

Also, a little off topic, but I think old people need to be tested for their drivers license more..because...well...they drive 20 miles under the speed limit (most of the ones I encountered anyways).

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I don't care about, or know much of anything about cars. I also don't hang around many "car people". I know what a cadllac is but never heard the term caddy to refer to it.[/QUOTE]

Well, you learn something new everyday.

[quote name='whoknows']Good thing you are ok...especially with no seatbelt tsk tsk ;)

Also, a little off topic, but I think old people need to be tested for their drivers license more..because...well...they drive 20 miles under the speed limit (most of the ones I encountered anyways).[/QUOTE]

I hate old people ... I think they should be tested for the right to live. :evil:

By all means, wear your freaking seat belt next time you drive. You got really lucky. If you don't believe me...read this...

Here is the article Derek Kieper wrote in the Daily Nebraskan newspaper in September of 04'
http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/09/17/414a5a030e91d?in_archive=1

Here is the same dumbass who died three months later because he didn't have his seatbelt on.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/01/04/local/doc41db350078259784029686.txt

There is no reason to not wear it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']By all means, wear your freaking seat belt next time you drive. You got really lucky. If you don't believe me...read this...

Here is the article Derek Kieper wrote in the Daily Nebraskan newspaper in September of 04'
http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/09/17/414a5a030e91d?in_archive=1

Here is the same dumbass who died three months later because he didn't have his seatbelt on.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/01/04/local/doc41db350078259784029686.txt

There is no reason to not wear it.[/QUOTE]

If one is doing the math, that is more than $138 million spent on seat belt laws. But the kicker is this: It is estimated, by researchers for Congress, that only 6,100 lives are saved per year because of new seat belt wearers. Moreover, the increase in the percentage of those who wear seat belts has leveled off.

That means that each life saved costs $22,622.95. I can't believe the government thinks a life is worth that much.

I remember there used to be a person who campaigned against wearing helmets on motorcycles in vermont (it used to be optional, don't think it still is). His skull got crushed in an accident as well.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']By all means, wear your freaking seat belt next time you drive. You got really lucky. If you don't believe me...read this...

There is no reason to not wear it.[/QUOTE]

:shock: is all I have to say. Yea, whenever I get a new car, the seatbelt will definitely be used.

UPDATE

This guy is disputing the charges.... I really don't understand how that is even possible, but he is. He is now claiming he took his wife to the hospital after he signed a refusal form for treatment. And is also claiming he had no injury on his foot (beforehand). BULLSHIT.

I mean come on now. like 3-4 witnesses signed on the report including an off duty police officer who said this guy ran the red light. How can he even say this was my fault?

:headache:

[quote name='slimpip']UPDATE

:headache:[/QUOTE]

I believe in karma...

That bastard will get his...trust me. Good luck to you and take care of yourself.

bread's done
Back