I feel so lost...

DeadIrishD

CAG Veteran
Everyone now a days seems to be saying "check out my pimp ass 360!"

I do love the newer systems, but for some odd reason my heart lays within the older systems, perhaps its because it brings back the simple minded kid in me where I didn't have so much stress, perhaps it's because I never really got to play them much as a kid, or maybe because the games were so much better, not so much by graphics, or even story line just more simple and too the point, but still at the same time fun as can be?

Anyone else feel the same way or am I just a pretty messed up kid?

Hey, you've come to the right place. I'm a fan of the current generation but I'm not jumping the next-gen bandwagon quite yet. I'm currently going back and playing the Dreamcast games I missed when I was in the Air Force.

I love the old systems too, theres no need to feel lost.

I just love 2D, hand drawn/animated games. Even on the current consoles the games I love best are those types, stuff like Disgaea, and Metal Slug games, Shmups, etc.

I cant justify buying a new console for $500 just to play one or two 'wow' games with geewhiz graphics and the same old gameplay. Especially when for that same money I can buy tons of current and older games and systems.

We fear change.

Also, evolve or die.

Umm, I dunno. Find better shit to be upset about. Find a new hobby, and start thinking about what you hate about that, or something.

Neo-Geo.........that would be.........awesome.

I agree with 500 bucks going towards something more substantial than next-gen graphics. I'm having a great time with all the $5-$20 games I picked up the last couple weeks. I got the PSP at launch but I needed a quality handheld to play on the train and I've held off on buying most of the games unless I find them on sale. I guess I just refuse to pay 60 bucks for a game. It's the reason why I never bought a N64.

[quote name='depascal22']Neo-Geo.........that would be.........awesome.

I agree with 500 bucks going towards something more substantial than next-gen graphics. I'm having a great time with all the $5-$20 games I picked up the last couple weeks. I got the PSP at launch but I needed a quality handheld to play on the train and I've held off on buying most of the games unless I find them on sale. I guess I just refuse to pay 60 bucks for a game. It's the reason why I never bought a N64.[/QUOTE]

Well, the N64 also had like 4 good games... ever.

But yeah, I don't like the concept of buying $60 games. I'll get a deal on them, but next-gen games can fuck themselves if companies insist on charging $60 for a marginal improvement.

[quote name='depascal22']Hey, you've come to the right place. I'm a fan of the current generation but I'm not jumping the next-gen bandwagon quite yet. I'm currently going back and playing the Dreamcast games I missed when I was in the Air Force.[/quote] Hey man I just did the same just bought the Dreamcast from a cag and started playing games also for some reason I just started liking Dreamcast it's a great system to baf it didint make it to far(damn ps2).

bread's done
Back