I finished making my ddr pad!

Battousai1002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
My homemade pad is FINISHED. :D
IMG_0015.jpg

I finished it last night at 2 am, and tested it today. Here's a simple site about it with testing results:
http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/ddrpad.html

that's pretty sweet looking. maybe some day i'll be hardcore enough to build my own pad. until then, softpads are fine for me - i don't have the space to keep a metal pad around my house.

[quote name='Hunter55']80$??? if ur gonna pay 80$, why not just put the extra 20$???[/quote]

Maybe the pride he got from doing it himself.

Thanks for the compliments, but where can you get it for $100. I've seen some for 100, but the price is jacked up by shipping.

And yes...there was some pride...

Wow that's really great. Myself just ordered an ignition V 2.0 pad but yours looks... like the arcade one! Great job, wish i had that much skizills o_O

[quote name='moe11888']your right arrow needs to be more centered[/quote]

Yeah, you better scrap this one and start over. :wink:

Seriously, nice job. Building it yourself means you can fix it yourself since they take a beating. That alone will save you money in the future plus you can build more if need be and refine it.

Nice job!

[quote name='moe11888']your right arrow needs to be more centered[/quote]

It looks like it was originally placed right and then something happened. Look at the bottom left corner of that arrow.

[quote name='Hunter55']80$??? if ur gonna pay 80$, why not just put the extra 20$???[/quote]

As everyone said, self-satisfaction. And it looks like it could have also been a school profect as he mentioned he did it during his engineering class.

[quote name='Supernothing']It looks like it was originally placed right and then something happened. Look at the bottom left corner of that arrow.

As everyone said, self-satisfaction. And it looks like it could have also been a school profect as he mentioned he did it during his engineering class.[/quote]
Yeah, the right arrow got pushed as I was playing... :cry: I guess I didn't put it in as well as the others.

And it was an optional school project. After completing 2 required projects, we're allowed to choose one of our own.

That is quite awesome. One day I hope to do one me self. And i wish i had a class that would let me build a ddr pad on class time :whistle2:(

Yeah I'm pretty curious, hows the control sensitivity? Loooks to me like it could be a headache for the harder levels if it's not well calibrated.

Having never played DDR in my life, and not knowing too much about the pads, I think this is really cool. It's always really neat to be able to make something gaming related by yourself. While I don't have those kind of skills, I like to find cool ways to store my consoles keeping them dirt free...if I had your skills I can only imagine what I'd come up with.

Good work, be proud of what you've created!

[quote name='moiety']Looks great!!

How's it play??[/quote]

It plays pretty well. I've gotten a few AAs so far. On my first day of testing it (http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/ddrpad3.html), you can see the following combos (all on the first try)

173 - Matsuri Japan
178 - Rhythm and Police
214 - So Deep
153 - Tsugaru
163 - Afronova
103 - Vanity Angel

I have yet to AA any song 9 foot with it. I've only AAed a few 8 like Holic. The most interesting thing is that triple steps are easier with it than with my soft pad, such as the ones in...Healing Vision...or the middle part of Breakdown with the freeze.

I can't seem to pull off Max 300 and Max Unlimited with it yet. Maybe I should make myself a rail too...

[quote name='Alpha2']Yeah I'm pretty curious, hows the control sensitivity? Loooks to me like it could be a headache for the harder levels if it's not well calibrated.[/quote]

You definitely have to press harder for this than you would for a foam insert pad. A small tap won't do. This makes that cheating step that people commonly use for (right, down, left) by stepping with these feet:(right, left, left) much harder to do. You actually have to put some effort into the second step. In songs like Breakdown, you're better off crossing over whenever the step pattern appears. The same goes for Afronova. If you haven't figured out how to do the part near the beginning without doublestepping, it's possible to fail there.

[quote name='ZForce915']Having never played DDR in my life, and not knowing too much about the pads, I think this is really cool. It's always really neat to be able to make something gaming related by yourself. While I don't have those kind of skills, I like to find cool ways to store my consoles keeping them dirt free...if I had your skills I can only imagine what I'd come up with.

Good work, be proud of what you've created![/quote]
You should try taking a class like the one I took. And thanks for the idea. I thinking about making a wooden box for my PS2. Maybe I could learn how to carve into wood so I could design it.

bread's done
Back