I got a Wii Points card related question i need help on!

Wez455

CAGiversary!
my brother said he could get me a 8000 wii points card from china for $20 and i just wanted to know if it would work on american systems?

Accessories are not region specific, which makes me think it is possible.

However, the stores for each Wii region are all different, which makes me think that a card might be specific to a region as well.

So I'm going to say cautiously that it will not work, but it almost entirely depends on how the code itself is formatted and if it is tied to a region. Then again, I've never heard of an 8000 point card, which sounds like it's not going to work.

But if for some reason it did, get me 8000 points for 20 bucks. :p

yeah I'm a little suspicious as well (the reason i posted here). thanks yall. ill count this as bullshit, unless someone else that knows says otherwise.

I was looking at the Japanese points cards on ebay, I think they were 5000 bundled with a classic controller, and there were caveats that the points definitely wouldn't work on US consoles...so I would assume that if the 8000 points were legit, they still wouldn't work.

[quote name='mastarecoil']Might as well try it, its only 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

It wont work, the cards are tied to a specific region. Of course I dont think the Wii has been released in China yet at all, so Caveat Emptor.

[quote name='mastarecoil']Might as well try it, its only 20 bucks.[/quote]

How dare you call yourself a CAG.

Disgrace.

:nottalking:

They only sell 2000 points cards in stores... but if you go to the wii shopping channel... you cna buy wii points in increments larger than 2000... I think up to like 10000

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.[/QUOTE]

QFT, if there was a points deal other than using the $5 BB GC coupon it would be covered in the deals section of CAG.

Trust us, its a waste of your $20.

I remember reading a post by someone several months back in which a friend bought said CAG member a set of Wii Points cards while that friend was in Japan because they were super cheap, and upon receiving them they didn't work. Might want to do some research before you blow $20 or however much they intend to spend.

I believe that, like how a Wii from a specific region can only access that region's VC, Wii points cards only work for the region they're produced for, so even if an 8000 pts card existed in China, I don't believe it'd work unless you had a Chinese Wii. Sounds like BS with a side of wasted money.

[quote name='Wez455']my brother said he could get me a 8000 wii points card from china for $20 and i just wanted to know if it would work on american systems?[/quote]Let me disect your message. Your brother could get you a 8000 points card. Now first off there is no 8000 points card or we would know about it and since prices are almost equal globewide 8000 for $20 is a bull number. Second you said China. China has alot of knockoff of ipods, and other electronics so I am 99.9% sure this is a ripoff. Lastly it wont work on american systems because the Wii is not reigon free. So do not buy it unless you want to waste $20 on a piece of paper that doesn't do anything.

thanks for the help again! of coarse I'm not retarded when it comes to this, thus the reason i came here to confirm my suspicions. actually, my brother said that his friend could do it. so i just tell him its a no go.

bread's done
Back