I got RE3(GCN) for $8, etc.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
First I have to thank Sony, the VJ2 demo screw up, and a guy with no teeth for my deal. :applause:
The game I picked as a result of the holiday demo disc was Hot Shots Golf FORE!. I really haven't enjoyed it too much(I prefer Mario Golf) so I decided to trade it in at Gamecrazy. They give $17.50 for it, which is pretty good considering that it sometimes goes for less than that on eBay.

Anyway, I used the $17.50 store credit to get Suikoden IV and the art book for $22.50. A guy(w/ no teeth) had come in while I was checking out and was trading in a lot of old Sega stuff. He ended up getting only $24.50 store credit for a Saturn, Sega CD ver.1, Genesis ver.1, and a ton of games including Panzer Dragoon and Valis 3. I was considering offering him more for his stuff, but I didn't have the cash. As I was about to leave another guy came in w/ a bag of games and was about to trade them in when I saw he had RE3(mint/complete). I figured that the worst case scenario was I would buy it from Gamecrazy for something like $30(still too high!). However, I decided to move in and as he put the games on the counter I asked him how much he would sell RE3 to me for. He made an offer of $10. I obviously would have been willing, but only had $8 cash, so I asked if he'd take it and he did. :cool: Oh, and he made sure to tell me it was the Gamecube version, just in case I had mistaken it for a PS1 game. :rofl:

As if that wasn't enough, I then went to EB and found Armored Core: Master of Arena mispriced as Armored Core for $4.99. I used the 30% coupon and got it for $3.74 complete. I then used a second 30% off coupon and bought Shadow Hearts for about $17.

And I just ordered another free pizza and Coke(while supplies last) from Domino's w/ the coupon I got off CAG a while back. :wink:

Wow, too bad you missed out on that Sega Saturn. I've been wanting one for a while now because of all the games it has that I've never played (Nights, Guardian Heroes, etc).

[quote name='levi333']Nice. Did the Gamecrazy employee say anything to you when you offered to buy the game from the guy?[/quote]

He didn't mind and actually made a joke about a "black market" trade going on in his store. :speaktothehand:

Great haul today, my friend. Also, I'm glad to see that the pizza coupon I posted still works, because a hungry CAG is an unhappy CAG. Come to think of it, I might pick up some free pizza for lunch tomorrow. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Great haul today, my friend. Also, I'm glad to see that the pizza coupon I posted still works, because a hungry CAG is an unhappy CAG. Come to think of it, I might pick up some free pizza for lunch tomorrow. :)[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the coupon, I've used it 4 times now.

[quote name='RichD1']Wait.. you passed up Panzer Dragoon for Saturn?[/quote]

It's worth more than the $100+ you'll get for RE3.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='RichD1']Wait.. you passed up Panzer Dragoon for Saturn?[/quote]

It's worth more than the $100+ you'll get for RE3.[/quote]

You're thinking about Panzer Dragoon Saga. The original Panzer Dragoon is only worth about $10-15.

Good finds. I would've pounced on the Saturn and Sega CD, becuase I don't have those. Did you get RE3 to play or to sell? (Do I even need to ask?)

[quote name='Rig']Good finds. I would've pounced on the Saturn and Sega CD, becuase I don't have those. Did you get RE3 to play or to sell? (Do I even need to ask?)[/quote]

I actually don't plan on selling it. RE3 was the only game I needed to complete the series on GC. I'd been looking for months and had basically given up on finding it cheap, which is the only way I would buy it. :)

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='RichD1']Wait.. you passed up Panzer Dragoon for Saturn?[/quote]

It's worth more than the $100+ you'll get for RE3.[/quote]

You're thinking about Panzer Dragoon Saga. The original Panzer Dragoon is only worth about $10-15.[/quote]

Oh, I figured you were leaving out the Saga. Otherwise, it's not worth mentioning. :p

I think its best if you can make an offer before the clerk as worked on giving an offer. If you jump in at the end it may mess things up.

I saw someone trade a ton of NES games and sys about 2 years ago at GS (motherf&*#$&* dumb@*$&*). They ended up with $70 in credit . . . anyway there was at least 35 games and I didn't really look but they had Final Fantasy 1 . . . looked complete. Who knows what else . . .

So, I asked the clerk what they were getting for it out of the total and he said $8. I had no cash on me and they were closing the deal . . . but man! If I had the time I would just sit outside the door and watch for people with big loads going in . . .

Bump for an answer - I'm going to EB today and would like to know what the deal is with this coupon before I go. Thanks!

GameCrazy's actually pretty cool about undercutting. This guy wanted to sell a PS2 and some XBox games while I was there once and I let them ring it up under my ID (since I was over 18 and he was 17).. he gave me a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta on XBox.. pretty cool guy.. haven't played it yet.

But congrats on the awesome deal.

[quote name='argyle']Bump for an answer - I'm going to EB today and would like to know what the deal is with this coupon before I go. Thanks![/quote]

You can get 30% off by playing the "Cash for Stash" game at Ebgames.com. After getting a high enough score you will be allowed to print out a 20% off coupon, which is stackable with the Edge card to make it a 30% off coupon. However, the coupon may have just expired today or yesterday. Maybe it will be renewed?

bread's done
Back