I got some pretty rare games...

zedarkness

CAG Newbie
I ahve been hunting all over for these titles and I stumbled upon a Gamestop that had a few rare games. I had ome extra bucks on me so I picked up the following titles:

1. Digital Devil Saga 2- NEW $20
2. Silent Hill 2-Used $15[with the 25% off]
3. Rez-Used $22.50[with the 25% off]
4. Disgaea: House of Darkness- Used $22.50[with 25% off]

I thought it was a pretty nice deal considering its kidna hard to find these games. Share your thoughs.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I believe it's 'Hour of Darkness'... ;)[/quote]

Yes, and the PSP version was a little longer so it was an entire afternoon of darkness.

[quote name='zedarkness']I ahve been hunting all over for these titles and I stumbled upon a Gamestop that had a few rare games. I had ome extra bucks on me so I picked up the following titles:

I thought it was a pretty nice deal considering its kidna hard to find these games. Share your thoughs.[/QUOTE]

nice finds, i actually also scored a Digaea-hour of darkness (complete mint), for 29.99 at GS a couple weeks back.

[quote name='lude21']nice finds, i actually also scored a Digaea-hour of darkness (complete mint), for 29.99 at GS a couple weeks back.[/quote]
They had the first Disgaea for $50 new but I decided I would rather spend $30 for the used title.

[quote name='zedarkness']They had the first Disgaea for $50 new but I decided I would rather spend $30 for the used title.[/QUOTE]

Was the new one sealed? Out of my 5 local Gamestops,1 had it used. It literly looked like someone just opened it and traded it in....perfect. It currently has a scarcity of 2 on digitpress, but its a good game to hold onto.

[quote name='Malik112099']I have 36 copies of each one of those "rare" games.[/quote]

...and what was the point of tread-crapping? It isn't like the guy is trying to sell the games and pass them off as rare. He's happy he got some games that obviously were hard to find for him. No need to be an ass about things.

[quote name='lude21']Was the new one sealed? Out of my 5 local Gamestops,1 had it used. It literly looked like someone just opened it and traded it in....perfect. It currently has a scarcity of 2 on digitpress, but its a good game to hold onto.[/quote]
Yeah, pretty much none had it except this one. And as for the other comments, im not trying to sell the games on Ebay or anything but it feels like an acomplishment. I really see video games as an art form and I enjoy playing some of the sleeper hits that are actually pretty intresting.

Actually, the local pawn shops here have SH 2 every so often for $10-15 and that's without a discount card. Hell, I just dumped off my game collection not too long ago, including the 4 Silent Hills. There's actually a local shop here that has a copy of Silent Hill for PS1 for $30-40, so there are copies of rare or sought after games out there, if you look hard enough.

silent hill was printed about as much as MGS or FF7 there are A LOT of copies out there to be had.

I thought the deals you got were kind of meh.. i wouldn't necessarily call those games rare by any means (you can get Rez on the XBL marketplace for 10 bucks .. so paying anything more than that means you got ripped off) and I always see Disgaea since the reprinting a year or two ago..

DDS 2 is a good deal.. considering many people tote Atlus RPGs.. me.. not so much.. its a good game no doubt.. just not my kind of game..

[quote name='zedarkness']I ahve been hunting all over for these titles and I stumbled upon a Gamestop that had a few rare games. I had ome extra bucks on me so I picked up the following titles:

I thought it was a pretty nice deal considering its kidna hard to find these games. Share your thoughs.[/quote]

The only thing "rare" of the bunch was DDS2, and even then, not so much..

[quote name='urzishra14']
you can get Rez on the XBL marketplace for 10 bucks .. so paying anything more than that means you got ripped off [/QUOTE]

not if the poster doesn't have a 360 or prefers physical copies of games, I know I'd rather have an actual nes cartridge than have all my nes games as virtual console versions and I would pay that bit extra for a non-downloaded copy.

bread's done
Back