I got the last premium at Best Buy's midnight event

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just thought I'd brag that I got the last premium xbox 360 at Plano, TX Best Buy's midnight event. #106. I was nervous as hell watching the manager start handing out the last few premium tickets, but I got one.

I camped out for 16 hours in the rain in Maryland. I was 8th in line.. secured a premium system, as did my brother and two friends. We had 39 at out store. When we were leaving, we decided to see if Toys R Us had any left because their doors had just oppened and nobody was in line a few hours prior, so I drove over there.. and I noticed that 2 people in two different cars followed us out of the parking lot. They followed us all the way to Toys R Us, and parked right next to us and watched our every move as I got at of the car. I saw what was going on, and gave my brother my knife and had him stay with the car. When they saw him in the car with the knife they all drove off... I don't know for sure if they were intending to rob us of our consoles, but we were deffinately followed.. they were deffinately watching us.. and they left when they saw we had a knife. Anyone else experience something with this, or previous system releases?

[quote name='EvilN8']I camped out for 16 hours in the rain in Maryland. I was 8th in line.. secured a premium system, as did my brother and two friends. We had 39 at out store. When we were leaving, we decided to see if Toys R Us had any left because their doors had just oppened and nobody was in line a few hours prior, so I drove over there.. and I noticed that 2 people in two different cars followed us out of the parking lot. They followed us all the way to Toys R Us, and parked right next to us and watched our every move as I got at of the car. I saw what was going on, and gave my brother my knife and had him stay with the car. When they saw him in the car with the knife they all drove off... I don't know for sure if they were intending to rob us of our consoles, but we were deffinately followed.. they were deffinately watching us.. and they left when they saw we had a knife. Anyone else experience something with this, or previous system releases?[/QUOTE]

Just be happy you had someone with you. It's sad that this happened to you but be happy you had some back-up.

[quote name='EvilN8']I camped out for 16 hours in the rain in Maryland. I was 8th in line.. secured a premium system, as did my brother and two friends. We had 39 at out store. When we were leaving, we decided to see if Toys R Us had any left because their doors had just oppened and nobody was in line a few hours prior, so I drove over there.. and I noticed that 2 people in two different cars followed us out of the parking lot. They followed us all the way to Toys R Us, and parked right next to us and watched our every move as I got at of the car. I saw what was going on, and gave my brother my knife and had him stay with the car. When they saw him in the car with the knife they all drove off... I don't know for sure if they were intending to rob us of our consoles, but we were deffinately followed.. they were deffinately watching us.. and they left when they saw we had a knife. Anyone else experience something with this, or previous system releases?[/QUOTE]

That's quite scary. How exactly did they see that you had a knife?

[quote name='Farny']That's quite scary. How exactly did they see that you had a knife?[/QUOTE]

And were there xbox(es?) at the TRU?

Hey where did you camp in Maryland? What TRU. I camped for 13 1/2 hours at the best buy in Bowie. 40 premiums 12 core. A lady got there at 8:30, she bought the 360 voucher for $600!!!! that just to secure her place in the line. Then she had to pay for the console separately. that xbox 360 ended up costing $1000 bucks.

I was in Laurel, MD's Best Buy.. so not too far from you at all. The TRU was also the one in Laurel, and when I drove by at around 5:30 to take a piss at Dunkin Donuts I noticed nobody was there in line at the store. When I got to TRU at 9:05, they were selling the very last system to someone.

I'm not sure why you'd even pull over if you thought you were being followed, better just to skip the xbox and avoid the danger.

Though I agree with one of the above posters, I'd rather have my nes.

bread's done
Back