i hate nintendo

metroidkiller9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
ok, i dont really hate nintendo. its more of a love/hate zen balance. i love the fact that they make such high quality games. but i hate that this then allows them to sell those games at their original retail price for what seems like forever. yes, i know players choice is back for gamecube but what about my starving gba sp? i mean nothing drops in price on that sucker. im still waitin on mario kart super circuit to drop below $30. i say players choice for gba is sorely needed. whos with me?

i say 10 off their original price. so games like pokemon go from 35 to 25. and games like mario kart go from 30 to 20. i think thats fair when a game has been out as long as super circuit has.

Since Nintendo never drop thier price, you supliment the Nintendo games with Majesco releases. Instead of buying 2 average games for 20 each, you buy a Nintendo made GBA game for 30, and then buy a Majesco release for 10 or a similar minor publisher game.

I'm happy with just about every Majesco or minor publisher release I've bought.. and there are some real gems that can be found. Gem Smashers is downright cool. Sea Trader is great for a little fun...

Ah, but such is the nature of monopoly.

Since no company was able to provide a comparable product, Nintendo have the market all to themselves. And that's really all there is to it.

What bugs me: trying to charge full price for old, old games:

Mario Bros 2: Mario Advance - $29.99
Super Mario World: Mario Advance 2 - $29.99
Yoshi's Island: Mario Advance 3 - $29.99
Mario Bros 3: Mario Advance 4 - $29.99

Remember back in the days, when Super Mario All-Stars had all the NES games on one cart? And guess what, it was free! Now, suddenly these old retro games are worth $120!

[quote name='BoboChimp']What bugs me: trying to charge full price for old, old games:

Remember back in the days, when Super Mario All-Stars had all the NES games on one cart? And guess what, it was free! Now, suddenly these old retro games are worth $120![/quote]

I have nto got Mario3 yetr but the only one I paid full price for was Mario Advance. I got SMW for 23 and Yoshi for only 21. You just gotta wait for the sales.

They had one price drop before for couple of their games, it was in an announcement to the media too.
They were: Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Wario Land 4. = 19.99
I think there are more too, but I forgot.

[quote name='BoboChimp']What bugs me: trying to charge full price for old, old games:

Remember back in the days, when Super Mario All-Stars had all the NES games on one cart? And guess what, it was free! Now, suddenly these old retro games are worth $120![/quote]

Actually back in the real days these titles were $50+ each when they first came out. Pity on those poor bastards that bought these on the Nintendo and SNES with the exception of Super MW (like myself those guys are probably a little relieved and a little pissed)

GBA games are definately overpriced and stay that way for far too long. The best solution to that is purcahasing a GBA Flash card. I still buy GBA games, but only the really good onces like Zelda, Metroid, Advance Wars & Fire Emblem that deserve 25 bucks. The other onces, I test them out for free. it's worth it.

And a note on Mario Kart advance - Crash Bandicoot Racing on GBA is a FAR superior game, I love the mario frachise, but the crash game is much better.

Nintendo GBA games are ones you have to buy the first week, or pray someone drops them to clear shelf space.

The last game I picked up was Mario and Luigi for $26.99 at target the first week. And I think Bestbuy is offering new Metroid for $24.99 this week.

No specific deals for Mario Kart though. I bought mine back in August 2001 for $24.99 and the wife got it free with her GBA just before Christmas.

bread's done
Back