I hate shoplifters

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!
So i work at Gamecrazy, and we got pretty busy, I had to go test a xbox that someone was trading in. Some ass hole stole my DS system that was on our back counter when my back was turned. I am so angry at the situation because really I did nothing wrong and I am not sure who the man is. I checked the security tapes but they were no help. Does anyone have any idea as to a place that I could get a DS for a good price to help the situation out.

P.S I had Animal Crossing in the DS and it had well over a 100 hours on it without cheating.

[quote name='NateWhs152']So i work at Gamecrazy, and we got pretty busy, I had to go test a xbox that someone was trading in. Some ass hole stole my DS system that was on our back counter when my back was turned. I am so angry at the situation because really I did nothing wrong and I am not sure who the man is. I checked the security tapes but they were no help. Does anyone have any idea as to a place that I could get a DS for a good price to help the situation out.

P.S I had Animal Crossing in the DS and it had well over a 100 hours on it without cheating.[/QUOTE]
sucks man. always protect your own like someones trying to take it.

now......why did you have your personal ds out on a counter at work? seems very careless. would you leave your wallet on the counter at work?

as for getting one, id try and get one from a cag who wants to sell for the lite.

man shoplifters are the best.

but seriously tho, take my advice,

most of the best thieves usually learn how to do their shit from other people.

with that said, u gotta ALWAYS keep your shit on lock.

Im always keepin tabs on my ish, not to mention I dont trust nobody.

[quote name='NateWhs152']So i work at Gamecrazy, and we got pretty busy, I had to go test a xbox that someone was trading in. Some ass hole stole my DS system that was on our back counter when my back was turned. I am so angry at the situation because really I did nothing wrong and I am not sure who the man is. I checked the security tapes but they were no help. Does anyone have any idea as to a place that I could get a DS for a good price to help the situation out.

P.S I had Animal Crossing in the DS and it had well over a 100 hours on it without cheating.[/QUOTE]

I feel more sorry at the fact you put in 100+ hours on Animal Crossing. That is going to be a lot harder to make up for than finding another DS.

My tip for you: Check the pawn shops. Here, they were selling DS Systems for $65.

[quote name='b3b0p']Here, they were selling DS Systems for $65.[/QUOTE]

And you didn't buy me one?! :p

That sucks. I hope the thief gets their hands chopped off and all that's left are 2 bloody stubs.
I really hate thieves.

[quote name='David85']And you didn't buy me one?! :p[/QUOTE]
System only. Nothing else was there from what I saw.

sorry to hear about that.

why did you take your own DS to work though? you are really brave. I get worried sometimes even taking my DS or PSP to my classes, for fear someone will snag it from my bag if I leave to go to the restroom or something.

not to nitpick, but is it shoplifting if its not steeling for a store, but a person in a store? Either way u got a lot of AC to catch up on and thats the worst shit in the world, the replay of the stuff u have already accomplished.

[quote name='NateWhs152']So i work at Gamecrazy, Does anyone have any idea as to a place that I could get a DS for a good price to help the situation out.
.[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy? I don't have one near me. Nor have I ever been in one. Does your work carry them? Would you get a discount?

[quote name='paz9x']
now......why did you have your personal ds out on a counter at work?
[/QUOTE]

I must know this, as well.

What GC in Portland was this? I was at a GC a few weeks back during their big markdown (of games like Makai Kingdom, Stella Deus, etc) and apparently just before I went in some kid had his $50 of birthday money stolen off of the counter. His mother went up to the counter where the GameBoy was and asked the clerk if he found any money there. Apparently the kid put his money down on the counter while he played the GBA and it was gone afterwards (and he learned an important lesson!). I wasn't sure if he walked away and forgot about it for a minute and then it was gone or if it got snagged while he was playing.

The thing that sucked was that I was the one over there at the time she asked (I was buying a copy of Phoenix Wright as a matter of fact). I think she was smart enough to figure that whoever did it was long gone though. The STUPID ASS GC clerk, though, didn't say a DAMN thing to her when she asked about it. He just nodded no with a dumb look on his face and went back to what he was doing. This kind of pissed her off. I mean, if he didn't see it there isn't much he could do, but he could have at least said something. I don't think she was scamming either because the kid (who was 9 or 10) was there. She was getting on his case a bit for leaving it out and he was sorry about it. She seemed more upset about it than him (though having a 9 year-old myself I can see that being the case if it were to happen to me - except I wouldn't let my kids carry around cash like that in the first place :D).

She stayed in the store for a bit afterward and even bought what the kid had wanted, but then called her husband and said something about the shitty customer service and the "shady characters" that were hanging around in the store :)oops:, but there were several teens there as well). It definitely got uncomfortable in there for a minute, but she left without making a scene.

And this is yet another reason why I rarely carry around more than $10 cash and use credit cards for everything :).

Over the course of my life I have lost $76 in cash.

My first time losing money was when I went to local out door ice rink in Anoka, MN. Went there every day and played hockey for hours, every day, literally. I just forgot my wallet and when I figured that out I ran back (I was already home) and sure enough it was gone.

The second and third time involved me just losing a $20 bill. Dad gives me $20 for gas, food, blah blah... I guess it just fell out of my wallet and blew away or something.

Now I never carry cash and have not been to an ATM in years. If I was held up at Gun point and asked my pin number, I couldn't tell you.

[quote name='b3b0p']Over the course of my life I have lost $76 in cash.

My first time losing money was when I went to local out door ice rink in Anoka, MN. Went there every day and played hockey for hours, every day, literally. I just forgot my wallet and when I figured that out I ran back (I was already home) and sure enough it was gone.

The second and third time involved me just losing a $20 bill. Dad gives me $20 for gas, food, blah blah... I guess it just fell out of my wallet and blew away or something.

Now I never carry cash and have not been to an ATM in years. If I was held up at Gun point and asked my pin number, I couldn't tell you.[/QUOTE]

:applause: A theif don't like to hear that :).

I haven't used an ATM for years also, if I was held up, I'd defienitely have to think about it for a few minutes, the answer would eventually come...

Sorry to hear about that... :(

One wonders if anyone would of seen anything, would they of acted upon that or just stayed passive.

Darn, that really sucks. I agree with b3b0p that the 100+ hours on Animal Crossing is going to be harder to get back than the DS.

I always have to carry cash on me because 99% of the places around here don't take credit cards. This is really annoying when you want to grab a burrito at 1 AM and realize you have to walk over a mile to an ATM.

I don't understand why your security tapes didn't help... most places have camera's behind the counter at an angle to the front counter so they can see who's at the counter (in case of robberies). I'd think it would've picked up something.

Well, anyway, sorry to hear about your loss... those 100 hours in ACWW won't be easy to make up.

Sucks that you lost your system, but why did you bring your DS out anyways? Aren't you supposed to be working, not playing games?

bread's done
Back