I hate ToysRus!!!... with a passion. I need your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So like alot of other people, i decided to drop $205(w/tax) on GH:WT for the Xbox 360 this holiday. But after about a week of ownership, the drumset craps out. So i call in and they say even though their policy is no refunds on electronics, that for GH:WT they would refund it. This made me happy as hell because i didnt want to deal with another set.

...skip to 2 days later...

After my tennis practice(tennis is the shizzle), i go to TRU to return it. The customer service guy, lets just name him DOUCHE, tells me about the return policy. So i tell that i called in and was told that for GH:WT they would refund me my $$$. He says no, we argue, and i just okay watever ill exchange for a new set then. I get the new set he opens it, so that i cant try to return it for refund. Then he takes out the game hands it to another employee and im thinkning that he is opening it so it wont be considered new. On the way home i check the box and the game is missing!!! This is why he why i call him DOUCHE. So i go back and its under the desk in a basket of returned games. Then i see DOUCHE across the store and he sees me and takes big U-TURN and books it. I Leave and shout F*CK TOYSRUS.

My question is can i take any action on this guy? can i do anything? it was clear that they did it on purpose.... plus its on camera.

What should i do????

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gotrice415510']So like alot of other people, i decided to drop $205(w/tax) on GH:WT for the Xbox 360 this holiday. But after about a week of ownership, the drumset craps out. So i call in and they say even though their policy is no refunds on electronics, that for GH:WT they would refund it. This made me happy as hell because i didnt want to deal with another set.

...skip to 2 days later...

After my tennis practice(tennis is the shizzle), i go to TRU to return it. The customer service guy, lets just name him DOUCHE, tells me about the return policy. So i tell that i called in and was told that for GH:WT they would refund me. He says no, we argue, and i just okay watever ill get a new set then. I get the new set he opens it, so that i cant try to return it for refund. Then he takes out the game hands it to another employee and im thinkning that he is opening it so it wont be considered new. On the way home i check the box and the game is missing!!! This is why he why i call him DOUCHE. So i go back and its under the desk in a basket of returned games. Then i see DOUCHE across the store and he sees me and takes big U-TURN and books it. I Leave and shout F*CK TOYSRUS.

My question is can i take any action on this guy? can i do anything? it was clear that they did it on purpose.... plus its on camera.

What should i do????[/QUOTE]

Call and speak to the manager and follow it up with a letter. Did you catch his name? Did he ring up any transaction that would have his operator number on it? If not make sure you include the approximate time and day in your letter and when you call the store manager. When you call/write to them I'd follow it up with a phone call to TRU corporate as well.

With the way things are right now with the ecnonomy I doubt stores will want p'oed customers.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Call and speak to the manager and follow it up with a letter. Did you catch his name? Did he ring up any transaction that would have his operator number on it? If not make sure you include the approximate time and day in your letter and when you call the store manager. When you call/write to them I'd follow it up with a phone call to TRU corporate as well.

With the way things are right now with the ecnonomy I doubt stores will want p'oed customers.[/quote]
well i didnt catch his name but he print aout a return receipt with the time of day and date and wat not..... but if i want to take action wat should i do? Call the manager and complain?

Call the manager and write and call corporate. If the employees are doing that, I'm sure the manager won't like it one bit as it will lose them customers such as yourself, even when you were denied the return you went ahead and bought another drumset.

[quote name='Thongsy']Call the manager and write and call corporate. If the employees are doing that, I'm sure the manager won't like it one bit as it will lose them customers such as yourself, even when you were denied the return you went ahead and bought another drumset.[/quote]
no i didnt buy a new set i accepted the exchange instead of a refund... but im mainly mad about the fact that the DOUCHE tried to jack the game from my new set.

i will call soon and complain, but if i write a letter would they care? i mean the only proof i have that the DOUCHE tried to screw me over is on camera. Also can i take legal action? like does is count as stealing?

thanks for all the feedback guys but even if i do all this complaining and stuff, im probably not gonna gain anyhting, right? all i want is for them to give a full refund plus i want that douche fired.

I'm not sure what you can do about him opening your game so you can't return it, almost all the wal-marts I've been to open new games before they sell them to you if you're just exchanging out for the same product.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm not sure what you can do about him opening your game so you can't return it, almost all the wal-marts I've been to open new games before they sell them to you if you're just exchanging out for the same product.[/quote]
no no no, its not the fact that he opened my box, its the fact that he tried to steal the actual game from my GH:WT full band bundle and put into their return bin in order to resell it and screw me over in the process... and he pretended to put it back my giant GH:WT box. So if i didnt realise it, then i would have been left with a drum set, guitar, and mic but no game.

You failed to mention the end of the story. What happened when you went back in there after Douche ran off? Did another employee just give you the game from the returns pile? Did you just go behind the desk and take it yourself and walk out?

Just to play Employee's Advocate:
Perhaps Douche didn't intend to steal your game. Maybe he thought he had put it back in the box. You thought he had. As for him running, he may have realized your game was left out of your box after you had left and didn't want to deal with you again (or the first time, either, for that matter) so out of equal parts embarrassment and anguish he decided to go on a break effective immediately upon seeing you glaring at him from across the store.

The reason you should contact corporate about this isn't for personal gain, but to help prevent it happening to others in the future. If Douche has done this before, having another complaint might be the final straw for him.

The customer isn't alway right, but 10 customers usually are.

In my experience when returning defective videogames, unless you get a clueless employee, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, will always gut out your game when you get a new copy

[quote name='CaoPi']In my experience when returning defective videogames, unless you get a clueless employee, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, will always gut out your game when you get a new copy[/quote]

Same here. It's SOP at just about every retail store that sells games.

Firstly- if you call, and CS offers to break policy for you, go in THAT DAY. Waiting 2 days was a big mistake- whoever OK'd your refund might not be there, or not remember anymore after 2 days of listening to children scream for that toy or candy or whatnot.

Aside from that- I doubt the game was taken on purpose for the store to resell- that screws with inventory numbers, he'll get caught. Either he assumed you'd kept the game at home and took it out to prevent you from getting 2 copies (I don't know what they've dealt with return-wise, maybe it's been a problem), or he was going to keep it for himself. or, y'know, maybe it was a total error- you say he handed it to another employee, maybe he assumed it was a return. I'm ingoring the bit about the U-turn, that's just as likely him going to help a customer you couldn't hear calling him (if he was across the store, why assume he even saw you?)

You keep saying 'its on camera' without explaining it- my guess is you're assuming its on a store security tape. Don't- at this point, any such footage has likely been copied over, and that's if it even existed to begin with (if anyone's going to know the camera's blind spot, it's a dishonest employee.)

Talk to management, write to coporate if you want, include the info from your reciept (take it to the store to talk to management.) And expect little-to-nothing to happen. Complaints are best made by polite but upset customers immedately after the incident. Coming back days later after screaming "fuck TOYSRUS" in-store pretty much kills your credibility. But hey, if others have made similar complaints, maybe you'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Yelling F-Toys R Us in a store likely filled with children wasn't the smartest move. You handled that very immaturely.

Best bet would have been to write down the name of the employee who promised you a return, and then have gone the same day. Failing that at least you have the employee's name and can ask for them when you do make it to the store and if initially denied simply ask to speak with the store manager.

If you really want to return it keep exchanging it claiming something is wrong. Eventually they will run out of stock, or get tired of opening up the packages for you and give you a sealed one. Then you can get your money back, or at least a giftcard for a future purchase.

Pretty immature of you to shout F Toysrus. You do realize that it's basically a kids store and most likely kids heard you shitty mouth swearing? Grow up.

are we growing up as a generation of sensitivity....

It was probably a simple mistake, but by acting the way you had described....

honestly takes a douche to know a douche.

[quote name='xycury']are we growing up as a generation of sensitivity....

It was probably a simple mistake, but by acting the way you had described....

honestly takes a douche to know a douche.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

It was just a mistake/accident. In the OP's delusional, paranoid mind, the clerk was out to get him.

Idk...I'd assume the clerk checked the return item for all it's contents before getting the exchange item. In which case I'd be irritated also if he went into the new package, and removed the game from the exchange item even though in my return it was clearly returned, and present. I'd be irritated enough to shout an obscenity just because I now essentially got jacked for w/e the standalone game is worth, and would have to go through all kinds of other BS just to sort the issue out (which there shouldnt be an issue, but knowing corporate store entities....well you get the idea), and get what I exchanged for.

So I can sympathise with the OP on this one. Kids or no kids present in the store....Besides I'm quite certain that any kids present have heard much worse out of their parents mouth in similar situations. I for one know I have when I was younger.

Only thing I can see wrong here is the OP leaving the store before management came along. Normally management of a particular place will tolerate one minor outburst such as an obscenity being shouted out once, and would investigate into the issue and try to rectify it, so there wouldnt be further incident. They would've heard him out and looked at things and then done the right thing. The returns employee.....Probably would get disciplined if he was in the wrong.

[quote name='aeroforce325']
So I can sympathise with the OP on this one. Kids or no kids present in the store....Besides I'm quite certain that any kids present have heard much worse out of their parents mouth in similar situations. I for one know I have when I was younger.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but yelling obscenities isn't appropriate conduct anywhere. You may have the right to do it, but that doesn't mean that you should. In some states it could even get you thrown in jail.

Even if you disagree with me on the appropriateness of yelling obscenities, it was a stupid move anyway since it isn't going to make the store employees want to help you. If you want them to help you, treat them like people and give them respect.

[quote name='CaoPi']OP has kept silent....[/quote]

I wonder why? :roll: It's probably because they now realize they could've handled the situation alot better and that swearing in the store really wasn't the best way to handle it.

They should have politely pointed out that they did indeed return the game with the set and that they needed the new copy of the game to be able to play it.

Of course, waiting several days after being told that they could do this return/exchange didn't help either.

Is it the Rock Band set or GH:WT that comes with a huge paper in the set saying that in order to return defective instruments you must deal with the manufacturer directly?

I know EA or someone put a paper like that in some set like this and that stores have been told NOT to do returns of any kind on them.

So, if this were the case, the store was taking a chance and going above and beyond what they had to do to help out the OP. They didn't really HAVE to.

This is just another case of a whiny consumer wanting what they want right NOW, irregardless of what the companies' policy states.

hey everybody, i just read all ur opinions and i realized that i was just really ticked off that day and posted this to get my anger out.... IAmTheCheapAssGamer was pretty much rite about it all.... and i didnt really yell "that" in the store i was in my car and i was just pissed as hell because i didnt get wat i wanted. But im dealing with it now and it wasnt that a big of a deal after all, but im pretty sure they did jacked my game on purpose... like it was obvious but wateve, when i think about, its not that big a deal.

Thanks for opinions... they taught me alot

[quote name='lolwut?']Rock Band/EA put that paper in with their bundles.

And lol@$200 for GH:WT[/quote]
well thats how much rb2 is with cali tax

I'll ask again out of curiosity, what's the end of the story that day? After Douche U-turned, how did you get your game from the returns pile?

Really sounds like your problem is with one guy, maybe 2, not the chain. I'm not a fan of TRU. My wife works there and most of the employees are not, shall we say, the most knowledgable of folks, but they won't intentionally mislead or lie to you for a sale like oh, say, best buy or gamestop. They, for the most part, don't give that much of a shit. Why the fuck did you leave anyway? I would have gone and got his punk ass regardless of where he went and would not have left the store until he was fired. Unfortunately though, the two biggest jackasses at my wife's store, without question, are the manager and assistant manager, so contacting them wouldn't necessarily do much good. District or corporate, however, is a different story. As an aside, best quote from a TRU employee, and I kid you not, referring to the PS3: "supposed HD graphics". And he worked in R-Zone, um, I mean, electronics...

[quote name='gotrice415510']thanks for all the feedback guys but even if i do all this complaining and stuff, im probably not gonna gain anyhting, right? all i want is for them to give a full refund plus i want that douche fired.[/QUOTE]

i beg to disagree where in united state are u?if u hassle enough on any store as long as u have a glimmer of right ur in the right side. i mean u didnt do shit to be treated that way. first u were promised that it can be refunded. and i never knew that GH has no refund? did u even talk to the supervisor of that place.

each time i encounter THE DOUCHEs of this country i simple ask them to patch me /or call the supervisor and dont back down cause its the manager hell be the pain in the ass guy just to get what he wants cuase u wasted money and u should have the rigth to enjoy it.

I have hassled so much in my life specially with bad products that i can even SAY go for it.
If it takes u a letter then do it. report them on RIPOFF.com u can even call the manager every single day.

LETs see who give up =):bomb::bomb::bomb:

Customers are usually NEVER right....and it's so hilarious how they feel they always are.

It's been my goal to work as many retail spots as possible before I start my boring ass career (which should be by the end of the year) and let me just say....some customers can suck a dick, no homo of course.

More than likely the OP missed out on a great chance from a CSA to break company policy. They came in a few days later and spoke to someone who is willing to keep their job. OP was probably like "but wait, I was told OVER THE PHONE...."

Look, I can tell you we're giving away billions of dollars over the phone and most stores won't honor it because it wasn't in person. Only store I've seen honor over the phone pricing is Lowes....

Regardless, then the OP came in there, got furious because he ran into an honest employee who wasn't about to do that shit, and probably started huffing and puffing until the guy finally decided to just gut the package and give him what's defective.

The "running" away was probably going down a different aisle when he saw the jerk. I know I do it all the time. Or, I'll walk right past them and when they start huffing again I calmly tell them where my manager is located and let them decide right there if it's important enough to continue to complain to me or take it to a higher level. Shows priorities.

Simply put, this is just the everyday run of the mill jerk customer who thinks because they paid a price for an item they can run shit. If it was truly broken, why not contact the manufacters??? When you buy a car, you can't go back there complaining about the paint color demanding they change it! Is there even a possiblity of a warranty on this crap? Bet he turned it down if there was.....I know how you people work!

The OP obviously exaggerated a lot in his original post. He went from " I yelled fuck Toysrus while leaving the store" to and "i didn't really yell "that" in the store i was in my car and i was just pissed as hell because i didn't get what i wanted." ( I fixed you bad grammar and punctuation for you as well in this quote )

So i'm guessing a lot of what he said is wrong as well. I doubt the Clerk maliciously took the game and hide it away. I also doubt that the OP seen the guy and did a U turn and run away. That all sounds like complete BS. What does the Clerk have to gain by not giving you the game? Did you think about that?

Seriously OP it sounds like you may have some mental paranoia problems if the first thing you thought was that the dude did it on purpose. Usually when something goes wrong I always chalk it up as an accident and am always forgiving. In this world there are too many assholes and not enough nice people. Also try working retail for a day and see how many douche bags and assholes you have to deal with coming into the store.

I also like how you cursed in your car and probably had a little hissy fit because you said you didn't get what you wanted. :rofl: What up grown ass man baby? How old are you OP? I'm guessing Under 18 since you also refer to where you live at as "Da Bay" :rofl:

[quote name='pimpinc333']( I fixed you bad grammar and punctuation for you as well in this quote ) [/quote]

ROFLWAFFLE @ the irony.

[quote name='Kerig']ROFLWAFFLE @ the irony.[/QUOTE]

Please. If you'd like to point out my bad grammar and punctuation I'd really appreciate it greatly. Please do.

[quote name='pimpinc333']( I fixed your bad grammar and punctuation for you as well in this quote. )
[/QUOTE]

That much, at least- my grammar's not so hot, so I might've missed something. *shrugs*

Anyway- at this late point, OP, you have a working set with game, so all you could really do is put in a complaint with managment and corporate. He's not going to lose his job- a customer's story from a few days ago isn't enough grounds for that, unless he's a repeat offender. Aside from that, don't shop there anymore and just let it go. Your time is better spent gaming anyway.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']That much, at least- my grammar's not so hot, so I might've missed something. *shrugs*

Anyway- at this late point, OP, you have a working set with game, so all you could really do is put in a complaint with managment and corporate. He's not going to lose his job- a customer's story from a few days ago isn't enough grounds for that, unless he's a repeat offender. Aside from that, don't shop there anymore and just let it go. Your time is better spent gaming anyway.[/QUOTE]

LOL can't believe I missed that. O well :lol:

OP, I really don't get how you are so sure that it was done on purpose. Wouldn't you have noticed him do it and say something the first time you were in the store if it was so obvious?

[quote name='naes']OP, I really don't get how you are so sure that it was done on purpose. Wouldn't you have noticed him do it and say something the first time you were in the store if it was so obvious?[/QUOTE]

Also you say he handed it to "another associate". Why don't you hold that other associate responsible as well? He was the one who clearly had the game last.

Do you think both associates conspired to put your game into the return basket? Obviously there was a communication error between the 2 of them.

to some, i sound like an idiot and to others i sound like a victim..... as far as my situation im just not ever gonna go there again and just call once to complain. As for people saying im over sensative and what not, i think thats ridiculous. I was treated badly that day and maybe the way im explaining it doesnt explain it well enough.

And as for me knowing that they "conspired" to take the game... i will list points so that i dont come off as more of an idiot:

1st. He took the game out to, i assume, gut it but did this all behind the big GHWT box. Then he handed it off to another guy, but i wasnt expecting fowl play so i didnt say anything.

2nd. Then he pretended to put the game back in the big GHWT box. Some of u CAGS are saying that since i thought he put the game back the box, he could of thought he did as well. But think about that, how does one not realize that they dont have the item in their hand??? he put an empty fist into my box and not the game, wouldnt u realize that ur hands are empty??? i mean really!?

3rd. When i came back after the first main DOUCHE made a U-turn, i tell the second douche to give me my game and i can see it from where i stand. They didnt gut the game either, leading me to suspect that they were gonna try to resell or keep it. They didnt even gut it in the first place, so there u go.

Also if the gmae was actually gutted like it was supposed to, than i would just think they forgot to put it back in.

[quote name='gotrice415510']to some, i sound like an idiot and to others i sound like a victim..... as far as my situation im just not ever gonna go there again and just call once to complain. As for people saying im over sensative and what not, i think thats ridiculous. I was treated badly that day and maybe the way im explaining it doesnt explain it well enough.

And as for me knowing that they "conspired" to take the game... i will list points so that i dont come off as more of an idiot:

1st. He took the game out to, i assume, gut it but did this all behind the big GHWT box. Then he handed it off to another guy, but i wasnt expecting fowl play so i didnt say anything.

2nd. Then he pretended to put the game back in the big GHWT box. Some of u CAGS are saying that since i thought he put the game back the box, he could of thought he did as well. But think about that, how does one not realize that they dont have the item in their hand??? he put an empty fist into my box and not the game, wouldnt u realize that ur hands are empty??? i mean really!?

3rd. When i came back after the first main DOUCHE made a U-turn, i tell the second douche to give me my game and i can see it from where i stand. They didnt gut the game either, leading me to suspect that they were gonna try to resell or keep it. They didnt even gut it in the first place, so there u go.

Also if the gmae was actually gutted like it was supposed to, than i would just think they forgot to put it back in.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Conspiracy Theory.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I'm sorry, but yelling obscenities isn't appropriate conduct anywhere. You may have the right to do it, but that doesn't mean that you should. In some states it could even get you thrown in jail.

Even if you disagree with me on the appropriateness of yelling obscenities, it was a stupid move anyway since it isn't going to make the store employees want to help you. If you want them to help you, treat them like people and give them respect.[/quote]

Eh....I'd have to disagree about the obscenities. Being a public nuiscance is one thing with it. Confined incidents such as the OPs constitute first ammendmant rights unfortunately so you're partly right. I've been to one of these states where you supposedly can get thrown into jail for swearing, but it would never happen cause of constitutional rights. No state government in their right mind has a law opposing first ammendmant rights in a extreme manner, less they want to be probed by the federal govt.

As for the respect half of your argument....Being in retail before myself, the first thing I can tell you is that the employees always respect the customers by helping in anyway possible....Even if a customer is upset for w/e reason. The least we should do is try and defuse the situation. Not run from it, which only incites things to become worse then they already are. I'm sure the OP would've pointed out the removal of the game, and inquired as to why it was removed and placed back. In short.....The whole incident could've been avoided completely.

The employee could go back and check the return, check the receipt he made, and get the removed game back from wherever he placed it. Situation defused. No managers involved, no obscenity yelled.

[quote name='gotrice415510']
2nd. Then he pretended to put the game back in the big GHWT box. Some of u CAGS are saying that since i thought he put the game back the box, he could of thought he did as well. But think about that, how does one not realize that they dont have the item in their hand??? he put an empty fist into my box and not the game, wouldnt u realize that ur hands are empty??? i mean really!?[/QUOTE]

You didn't notice. How can you be so sure he faked putting the game into the box when you couldn't even see what he was doing? Maybe he was just rearranging the box's contents to fit, and didn't realize he hadn't got the game back from the other employee. Then you left, and the other employee realized he still had it and put it in the return bin to have it handy when you invariably returned. I know I leave things people forget in my return bin, it's just conveinent. Maybe they honestly didn't see the one in the box you brought back, unless you watched him take it out to confirm it was there.

Long story short- we'll never really know what happened, but you feel wronged enough not to return to the store, which is well within your right. Situation over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back