I have 2 DSes and can only choose one...

evophile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi guys,

I recently got a DS Onyx from Amazon and it had screen problems, so they sent me a replacement.

Both screens are not perfect and I'm not sure which is better:

DS #1:

- Screen has a slight red tint and not as bright compared to DS #2.

- Screen is slightly misaligned with red and blue on the sides (this is what prompted me to contact Amazon in the first place)

DS #2:

- The "grid" is much more visible on this screen, especially the "diagonal lines" which reflect in the light

- this screen is brighter

- this screen isn't misaligned

So theres my dilemma. I want to keep #2 because the screen quality looks better...but those diagonal lines are annoying!

What do you guys think? thanks!

Keep #2. It seems that DS screen quality keeps going down. I am glad the white DS lite I got when they launched has a flawless screen.

If you have the option, you should return both and buy one B&M somewhere. A DS is too expensive and special to settle for less than perfect...unless you're getting it for $50, then a cigarette burn or two is acceptable...

I would return both. You shouldn't see any lines such as you describe, and the other one sounds really bad. They are both defective.

I vote for returning both. #2 sounds like the lesser of two evils, but you really shouldn't have issues like these on brand new systems.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']:whistle2:s They sent you a replacement without receiving the initial unit prior...how odd...[/QUOTE]

That's standard practice for Amazon. If you don't return the original defective item after a certain amount of time, they'll simply charge you for the replacement item. It's all detailed to the customer when exchanges are processed.

bread's done
Back