i have a few questions about if my computer could be good enough to run..

Martinmz

CAGiversary!
left 4 dead 2 and team fortress 2. ive never played any games on the PC. i have a emachines t series T3522. i also bought a pny technologies/nvidia geforce 7300gs graphic card. the reason im asking this is because i do not know anything really about computers. any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='Megazell']
Website Spotlight

Can You Run It?

34s5u9t.jpg

What it does

This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Megazell's Comment - This website is ideal for those of you with current rigs that may need a small change or upgrade to play the game of your desire. Currently, the list only covers commercials games. When building new rigs or check out rigs that are donate to the center this site saves me a lot of time. Don't just rely on it by itself sometimes another review of the game or product you are looking for is needed to get a better overview of your options
[/QUOTE]

The End.

[quote name='Martinmz']thank you and can every computer run windows 7[/QUOTE]

No. Computers from 1977 would have a hard time running Windows 7.

[quote name='Martinmz']how do i put a graphics card in. do i have to have an expert put it in?[/QUOTE]

2z5k3y9.jpg

[quote name='Martinmz']i heard some computers have intergrated graphics and you cant put in a new card[/QUOTE]

You need to do a Google search for a tutorial. That's how I learned about working on my pc's. After you learn what your pc has for an available slot and power supply, then we can give you more help.

And all desktops can add a dedicated graphics card. The type of card is dependant upon what kind of slots you have available and the size of the case.

Well Emachines was bought out by Gateway, who was bought out by Acer. Emachines used to be the joke of the industry b/c they were POS pcs.

They're not bad, for gaming in the future you might want to think about something from ibuypower.com, cyberpowerpc.com, a bare bones kit from tigerdirect, or researching parts on newegg and building your own.

The games would be playable, but only at the bare minimum and even then the framerate would be unsatisfactory. Given your fairly limited computer knowledge, I'd say just buy a new one.

Well I've done some shopping and got some specefications. It has a 3.33 ghz processor,nvidia geforce n7300 graphics card, one tb hard drive and 1GB of ram is that fine

[quote name='Martinmz']Well I've done some shopping and got some specefications. It has a 3.33 ghz processor,nvidia geforce n7300 graphics card, one tb hard drive and 1GB of ram is that fine[/QUOTE]

2cdy1hd.jpg

Google and reading must be broken.

[quote name='Martinmz']Well I've done some shopping and got some specefications. It has a 3.33 ghz processor,nvidia geforce n7300 graphics card, one tb hard drive and 1GB of ram is that fine[/QUOTE]

That sounds really really really really really really really really wrong.

Umm I think you got an answer a while ago, the HL2 and other Source games will run on your PC, but won't run well enough for you to enjoy gaming. 1GB of RAM is probably too low to run games, even in Windows XP. 2GB is the bare minimum nowadays. 7300GS is a low end graphic card, but it should run the source games at low resolution and low details. I'm assuming that 3.33GHz CPU is a Celeron D, which is a very weak CPU. So basically, you have 3 components bottlenecking your gaming experience, CPU, amount of RAM, and the lowly 7300GS video card.

Really the only way to find out if your computer can run the games to your liking is to.... actually run the games on your computer and find out yourself.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Umm I think you got an answer a while ago, the HL2 and other Source games will run on your PC, but won't run well enough for you to enjoy gaming. 1GB of RAM is probably too low to run games, even in Windows XP. 2GB is the bare minimum nowadays. 7300GS is a low end graphic card, but it should run the source games at low resolution and low details. I'm assuming that 3.33GHz CPU is a Celeron D, which is a very weak CPU. So basically, you have 3 components bottlenecking your gaming experience, CPU, amount of RAM, and the lowly 7300GS video card.

Really the only way to find out if your computer can run the games to your liking is to.... actually run the games on your computer and find out yourself.[/QUOTE]

To run modern games - 2006 to Now.

Bingo. Try a demo of one of the games and/or a demo of game with the same specs.

bread's done
Back