I Have A Question About Tax And Trade Ins

RCCP1977

CAGiversary!
I Traded In 10 Games Yesterday And Bought Bad Company At The Same Time, But They Didnt Charge Me Tax. 2 Days Before I Did The Same Thing But That Time I Had To Pay Tax, The Only Difference Is That I Didnt Buy Something Right Away, It Took Me 5 Minutes To Decide What To Buy. So, Am Really Confused About Why I Got Tax And Then Why I Didn't. Thanks

I'm assuming ebgames? Check your receipt for the second one closely.. it may have listed the full tax amount but if you check what was deducted from your credit it should be tax free.

Don't type in all caps. It makes it hard to read.

For with tax, did they put the trade in credit onto a gift card? If so, that's the issue. They screwed up. If they put it on an Edge card, you wouldn't have been charged tax. Trade-in credit is not supposed to be taxed.

well right now i have enough credit to buy 2 games, before tax, but am afraid they are going to charge me tax and i wont have enough

Is the credit on an EB Games gift card or Edge card? Edge is the red/yellow card. EB games gift cards are usually black with the EB logo or themed. If it's on an Edge card, no tax. If it's on a gift card, tax will be charged.

I see. It's just I've been refunded $10 or whatever onto gift cards after picking up games in Trade 3 pre-orders where the price went down by $10. They've also loaded it onto Edge cards so I thought maybe some employees just did it by mistake.

if you simple trade in games then it can not be done. The trade 3 deal and then have money left over kind of screws things up. The computer thinks it is a refund, which i guess it is and then you can put it on a gift card.

Well, then it should be what TripleQ said. Probably couldn't cover the full cost of the game with credit so the extra he paid with cash was taxed while the credit wasn't.

bread's done
Back