I have a TV problem, Can anyone help?

help1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
You see, I have this old sharp TV and for soem reason it wont turn off when I try to use the remote, it just mutes or un mutes so I tried pressing everybutton but that didn't work.

Now the TV is in a weird spot aso if I pull the plug, I wont be able to plug it in again, also the power button is broken (it been broken for years.) Any ideas?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Get a universal remote. Your current remote is bunk since it's old or you dropped it one to many times.[/QUOTE]

I am using a universal remote right now... looks liek ill try to buy another tom.

Also why does the volume still go up and down and why does the channel and shit work.

Also when I press teh power button on the remote the TV make a click sound.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Get a universal remote. Your current remote is bunk since it's old or you dropped it one to many times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what happened with my remote.

Only a few buttons broke... I think they were menu and volume....but the rest worked fine. It sounds like you have the same problem.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']I hate to say it but...

Buy a new TV.

Seriously. It sounds like your current one is FUBAR.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']I hate to say it but...

Buy a new TV.

Seriously. It sounds like your current one is FUBAR.[/QUOTE]

Well the TV's picture is still good and its the 4th TV in my house hold so I don't really want to replace it.... but the TV is just a little young then I am.

[quote name='help1']What?[/QUOTE]

Harakiri - ritual japanese suicide in which the suicider disembowels (cut out our gut) himself while a friend or loved one cuts his head off at the same time. You can see this act if you saw Last Samurai w/ Tom Cruise.

[quote name='jaykrue']Harakiri - ritual japanese suicide in which the suicider disembowels (cut out our gut) himself while a friend or loved one cuts his head off at the same time. You can see this act if you saw Last Samurai w/ Tom Cruise.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I want to fix my TV not engage into sexual activity with it.

I learned a long time ago to never buy a sharp tv. They are the worst made IMO. Sharp makes some other decent electronics. Me and my sister both had sharps and both were horrible. My picture tube quit working after about a year and the buttons in the front fell out. Her's the button's fell out and hers would pick up CB transmissions.

I found a tv beside the dumpster at my apartment complex yesterday. I brought it home and it wont turn on, tried a universal remote and it still wont come on. Any ideas on how to fix it besides roll it down the steps? I already have 2 tvs in the living room but would like one in my computer room or bedroom i'm just to cheap to buy one.

[quote name='$hady']I found a tv beside the dumpster at my apartment complex yesterday. I brought it home and it wont turn on, tried a universal remote and it still wont come on. Any ideas on how to fix it besides roll it down the steps? I already have 2 tvs in the living room but would like one in my computer room or bedroom i'm just to cheap to buy one.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a power supply problem. Or a bad tore up cord. Or the TV is past its prime.

[quote name='$hady']I found a tv beside the dumpster at my apartment complex yesterday. I brought it home and it wont turn on, tried a universal remote and it still wont come on. Any ideas on how to fix it besides roll it down the steps? I already have 2 tvs in the living room but would like one in my computer room or bedroom i'm just to cheap to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Go back to the fictional 1950s and have The Fonz give it one of his magic knocks.

... that's what I pictured in my head to entertain myself, anyway.

I already beat the shit out of it and that didnt work, my first thought when it didnt turn on was to hit it. :D

Probably i'll just sit it in front of my neighbors door who i dont like. I'm not messing with the power supply I can probably get a cheap tv at the pawn shop for what one of those would cost me.

[quote name='$hady']Probably i'll just sit it in front of my neighbors door who i dont like.[/QUOTE]

The imagery of the next day, when you see them watching said-broken T.V. through their living room window, is hysterical.

[quote name='$hady']I already beat the shit out of it and that didnt work, my first thought when it didnt turn on was to hit it. :D

Probably i'll just sit it in front of my neighbors door who i dont like. I'm not messing with the power supply I can probably get a cheap tv at the pawn shop for what one of those would cost me.[/QUOTE]

Yea same with me. My tendency was to hit it as hard as possible. Try hitting it with a baseball bat then try the remote again. If that doesn't work repeat and post pics.

bread's done
Back