I have THREE PS3's....including a fully BC one now...;)

I'm sure by now everyone knows the obnoxious guy who made a YouTube video just to brag that he had three PS3's.

Well now I join his ranks.

I just bought a 60gb fully BC PS3 earlier this afternoon from a guy for under $100 at a local shop. The shop was offering him $50, I countered with $10 more.:D

So now I have my 120gb slim(currently on loan to a friend), my 160gb slim(from the BF bundle from Amazon) and now a 60gb full BC model.

I'm testing it right now with a PS1 game and just got done playing the first bit of the first mission in Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2.

So yes boys and girls, I now have THREE PS3's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1jB4hVJRg

And actually I've had had FOUR PS3's if I kept my 40gb model.

same here i have 3 ps3

60gb full bc now with a 320gb
40gb now with a 320gb
160gb slim with a 320gb

i bought the 320gb harddrive from the last time the wd portable went on clearance at target for less than $30 each

You guys want a medal?
I thought I've read a lot of pointless threads in my time... but this one takes the cake.
And with 3 PS3's doesn't it kinda contradict your CAG Handle "IAmTheCheapestGamer"?

[quote name='NipPicker']same here i have 3 ps3

60gb full bc now with a 320gb
40gb now with a 320gb
160gb slim with a 320gb

i bought the 320gb harddrive from the last time the wd portable went on clearance at target for less than $30 each[/QUOTE]
The hdd's never last when they're on clearance around here or I'd plunk a much larger one in this BC PS3.

I still can't believe how many HOURS it takes to fully format a HDD on the PS3.:whistle2:# Three hours and thirty five minutes for a 60gb HDD is kinda ridiculous.:roll:
[quote name='lingenfelser']You guys want a medal?
I thought I've read a lot of pointless threads in my time... but this one takes the cake.
And with 3 PS3's doesn't it kinda contradict your CAG Handle "IAmTheCheapestGamer"?[/QUOTE]
I wanted to brag about getting a 60gb PS3 for $60. I posted in the right section. If the thread is so pointless, then why did you post in it?;)

As for going against my CAG username, I paid about $100-ish for the 120gb slim(after game/system trades), paid $225 shipped for the 160gb PS3(with Uncharted 2, Pixeljunk Shooter and Karate Kid blu-ray) and this one I paid $60 for.

So I didn't pay MSRP for ANY of them, to me that in itself was a deal.:razz:

I'm really in the middle with my half-BC 80GB model. I'm honestly starting to hate it because of how inconsistent the BC is.

Some games work perfectly. Some games work with minor issues (slight graphical slowdown or artifacts). Then there are a few games which work perfectly except for 2-3 areas, which means you'll have to dig out your PS2 to play past those parts before you can go back to the PS3. Plus, a lot of cheat devices for the PS1/2 don't work.

I'm thinking about selling it and getting a slim PS3 and a fully BC PS3.

Congrats IAtCG. That's a great deal for a fully BC PS3.

Okay. Rock On with the deals on you PS3's but it still seems awfully pathetic as it benefits no one but yourself.
See, I would only brag about deals I got dirt cheap IF there was an opportunity for others to get the same deal.
i.e. Tipping people off to great, hidden deals is something to brag about.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The hdd's never last when they're on clearance around here or I'd plunk a much larger one in this BC PS3.

I still can't believe how many HOURS it takes to fully format a HDD on the PS3.:whistle2:# Three hours and thirty five minutes for a 60gb HDD is kinda ridiculous.:roll:

I wanted to brag about getting a 60gb PS3 for $60. I posted in the right section. If the thread is so pointless, then why did you post in it?;)

As for going against my CAG username, I paid about $100-ish for the 120gb slim(after game/system trades), paid $225 shipped for the 160gb PS3(with Uncharted 2, Pixeljunk Shooter and Karate Kid blu-ray) and this one I paid $60 for.

So I didn't pay MSRP for ANY of them, to me that in itself was a deal.:razz:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MillerTime2523']"u obviously have 0 girlfriends"[/QUOTE]
While that may be true, that means that's that much more I have to spend on my gaming hobby. Besides which, my hand never talks down about my gaming habit and is a cheap date.;)
[quote name='lingenfelser']Okay. Rock On with the deals on you PS3's but it still seems awfully pathetic as it benefits no one but yourself.
See, I would only brag about deals I got dirt cheap IF there was an opportunity for others to get the same deal.
i.e. Tipping people off to great, hidden deals is something to brag about.[/QUOTE]
I've tried listing deals before on here that EVERYONE could get in on and they get the same usual responses bitching about shipping killing the deal and so on.

So I've stopped posting deals for now, since I don't feel like being someone's punching bag and getting banned for responding back to them because I'm doing so in a 'douchebaggy' way.:roll:

[quote name='Vinny']I'm really in the middle with my half-BC 80GB model. I'm honestly starting to hate it because of how inconsistent the BC is.

Some games work perfectly. Some games work with minor issues (slight graphical slowdown or artifacts). Then there are a few games which work perfectly except for 2-3 areas, which means you'll have to dig out your PS2 to play past those parts before you can go back to the PS3. Plus, a lot of cheat devices for the PS1/2 don't work.

I'm thinking about selling it and getting a slim PS3 and a fully BC PS3.

Congrats IAtCG. That's a great deal for a fully BC PS3.[/QUOTE]
Are those cheat devices for PS1/PS2 USB based? If so, then it's probably because Sony locked out a LOT of USB devices with one of the more recent FW updates due to the hacking issues on PS3 currently.

3 PS3? Going gangster :whistle2:#
Everyone have too much free time on their hands?

The only thing I got is:

GAMEBOY SP NES (played twice)
Xbox 360 elite
Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
PS2

i've just got a 40gb ps3. what's the point of having three? i would personally pull the 160gb drive out of the slim and put it in the bc one, then sell the other two..

Bought this yesterday. It shipped today, and is on a UPS truck as we speak. Hopefully it's actually a PS3 and not something else. Figured for that price it would be worth the shot. (And this would be my second PS3).

bjj3pw.jpg

[quote name='da big p']Bought this yesterday. It shipped today, and is on a UPS truck as we speak. Hopefully it's actually a PS3 and not something else. Figured for that price it would be worth the shot. (And this would be my second PS3).

bjj3pw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Curious==let me know what you got and if it worked...

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, you must like watching Blu-Rays a LOT![/QUOTE]
Actually I've never watched a single Blu-Ray on ANY of my PS3's. But if I decide to upgrade my internet connection sometime soon I may grab a Netflix subscription and use the 60gb just for that and playing PS2 games.

I tried going the Craigslist route to find a cheap PS2, but the cheapest one on there around here was $40, so for another $20 I get the ability to play PS3 games as well.:D
[quote name='darkslime']i've just got a 40gb ps3. what's the point of having three? i would personally pull the 160gb drive out of the slim and put it in the bc one, then sell the other two..[/QUOTE]
The point of having three is because I bought the 160gb as a 'spare' to kill off my Amazon credit I had because my Prime trial was running out. As for the 60gb, I've always wanted one and it was nice to get one for $20 more than what most of the people want in my area on CL for JUST a PS2(fat model usually).

3 PS3's but 0 Girlfriend. Lol, I see a trend here... :p

I have 1 PS3 (amongst other systems) and that is more than enough for me. I guess you could put 2 PS3's together back to back and rub your junk between them furiously like you were either trying to start a fire, or trying to get a genie to pop out...but that gets boring after a while and causes chaffing. I actually have 3 TV's, and still dont see a need for 3 PS3's. I would sell the other 2 and buy games...or something useful.

Maybe you could stack 1 PS3 on another PS3 and use the top one as a dust shield...lol ;)

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']3 PS3's but 0 Girlfriend. Lol, I see a trend here... :p

I have 1 PS3 (amongst other systems) and that is more than enough for me. I guess you could put 2 PS3's together back to back and rub your junk between them furiously like you were either trying to start a fire, or trying to get a genie to pop out...but that gets boring after a while and causes chaffing. I actually have 3 TV's, and still dont see a need for 3 PS3's. I would sell the other 2 and buy games...or something useful.

Maybe you could stack 1 PS3 on another PS3 and use the top one as a dust shield...lol ;)[/QUOTE]
I think I had my PS2 fatty on top of my old fat PS3 when I first got it and my Xbox was underneath the PS3. It was a delicate stacking job, but definitely a way to save space. Although the PS3 isn't built to have stuff stacked on it due to the curvature of the top portion of the case.:cry:

I've tried the girlfriend thing and they almost always end up being more of a pita than they're worth. I wouldn't recommend it.:lol:

As for selling the other two PS3's I plan on eventually taking back my 120gb PS3 from my buddy I lent it to(unless he buys it from me, which he might) and then just putting the 160gb in storage until I may need it.

But I've always wanted a 60gb PS3, though I never wanted to pay the full $600 for it, so this definitely was within my price range to buy one.:D

Geez just let the guy have his 3 PS3s. Hes not hurting anyone. We all have different tastes in collection. Some people like to collect sealed copies of games and buy an extra copy to play. Why all the hate? I sir congratulate you on your cheap find. If at any time you wanna hand out one of the disc lens from them let me know ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Are those cheat devices for PS1/PS2 USB based? If so, then it's probably because Sony locked out a LOT of USB devices with one of the more recent FW updates due to the hacking issues on PS3 currently.[/QUOTE]

No, they're disc based. They don't work on my PS3. They work fine on my brother's 60GB PS3.

Congrats, I'm still rocking 2 PS3s, one Launch Fatty and one new slim. I do have 2 360 slims though as well. I also accomplish this and still have a wife and toddler, big pimpin!

I don't get why people are complaining about this when they are browsing a forum category titled "Deal/Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights".

Soo much hate... =(

The thread called 'BRAGGING RIGHTS'.

Good for you cheapestgamer. I'm jealous as I would love a BC PS3 to play my PS2 games on. And the price you got it for is amazing, and totally worth posting about in this forum.

I definitely would not keep three PS3's all hooked up at once though, my electric bill is high enough.

[quote name='Vinny']No, they're disc based. They don't work on my PS3. They work fine on my brother's 60GB PS3.[/QUOTE]
Could it be that the cheat discs were ones that the developers of them coded to run like a PS1/PS2 disc and the software BC on your PS3 is what's the issue?
[quote name='Puffa469']Soo much hate... =(

The thread called 'BRAGGING RIGHTS'.

Good for you cheapestgamer. I'm jealous as I would love a BC PS3 to play my PS2 games on. And the price you got it for is amazing, and totally worth posting about in this forum.

I definitely would not keep three PS3's all hooked up at once though, my electric bill is high enough.[/QUOTE]
Oh don't worry. I only plan on turning on the 60gb when I want to play a PS2 game. Otherwise it's going to be powered off from the back switch or maybe even unplugged. My other slim(as I mentioned before) is up a buddy of mine's house right now, so the electric bill is HIS problem there.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Could it be that the cheat discs were ones that the developers of them coded to run like a PS1/PS2 disc and the software BC on your PS3 is what's the issue?

Oh don't worry. I only plan on turning on the 60gb when I want to play a PS2 game. Otherwise it's going to be powered off from the back switch or maybe even unplugged. My other slim(as I mentioned before) is up a buddy of mine's house right now, so the electric bill is HIS problem there.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot the phats have an actual power off switch. I only have a slim.

Only one PS3... I feel soo... inadequate. lol

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Could it be that the cheat discs were ones that the developers of them coded to run like a PS1/PS2 disc and the software BC on your PS3 is what's the issue?
[/QUOTE]

No. The 80GB PS3 (from the MGS4 bundle) has software emulation, for which, Sony only bothered to emulate the games (only 90% of PS1 games and 50% of PS2 games work). Since then, all PS3's have only had software emulation for PS1 games.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I have 0 PS3s and 0 Girlfriends :(.[/QUOTE]

But think of all the money you're saving! No need to buy games and no need to buy dinner, movie tickets, presents, etc! :D

[quote name='Vinny']No. The 80GB PS3 (from the MGS4 bundle) has software emulation, for which, Sony only bothered to emulate the games (only 90% of PS1 games and 50% of PS2 games work). Since then, all PS3's have only had software emulation for PS1 games.
[/QUOTE]

That is not correct. the 80GB PS3 from the Motorstorm/MGS4 bundle used partial software emulation for the PS2. The PS2's GPU remained on the motherboard. PS1 emulation is all software and is exactly the same in all PS3 models.

I don't know where you got those percentages from, but they are too low IMO. I find that the 80GB PS3 runs about 90% of PS2 games without major issues, and all PS3's should run 99% of PS1 games....

bread's done
Back