I have to buy a DS Lite for Xmas, what are my options?

Anthony1

CAGiversary!
I've been trying to find one locally via craigslist, but been coming up empty. Typically, I could get a good condition DS Lite for around $70 ish via craigslist, but right now the only ones I'm finding have issues. (usually scratches on the screen)

Game Crazy has this deal where if you buy a used DS Lite ($99.99), you get two free used DS games, and I'm pretty sure you can pick from any used DS games they have in the store, regardless of which game it is. Which means I could get Bowsers Inside Story and Zelda's Spirit Tracks or something along those lines. Unfortunately, there is only one GameCrazy anywhere near me, and while they actually have a used copy of Bowsers Inside story right now, they have zero used DS Lites in stock. The next GameCrazy is a very long drive away, and even if they have a used DS Lite there, there is no guarantee that the screens won't be all jacked up or whatever.

Does GameStop sell used ones for $99.99 ? Seems way overpriced, but my options are pretty slim right now. I do have some GameStop credit I could use, but hate to way overpay for stuff. Too bad GameStop won't match GameCrazies deal, cause I know I could eventually find a good condition DS Lite if I go to enough Gamestops.

Any other options or ideas?

Ah, so GameStop has them for $89.99. Still, with tax, we are talking $97.89. That's about $27.89 more than I would want to spend. Of course, beggars can't be choosers, so I might just have to bite the bullet.

[quote name='Anthony1']Ah, so GameStop has them for $89.99. Still, with tax, we are talking $97.89. That's about $27.89 more than I would want to spend. Of course, beggars can't be choosers, so I might just have to bite the bullet.[/QUOTE]

Your teeth strong enough for that?
I'm sure gun powder tastes nasteh

[quote name='Rollett']If your so desperate to get one in perfect condition, maybe a used one is not for you ?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't need to be in "perfect" condition. Just decent or above average condition. The stickers don't bother me too much, because I could most likely get them all off, and remove any sticky residue with some goo-gone, but scratches all over the screen are a definite no-no. I've seen some DS Lite's that have tons of scratches on the screen protector thing, but no scratches underneath. I wouldn't mind that, cause I'd just get a new screen protector. But if the bare screen is scratched up, not much you can do with that. I don't even mind some scratches or blemishes on the outside of it, just not the screens themselves.

[quote name='Arlovski75']That GameCrazy offer sounds good. I think I'm going to pick one up 2morrow[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish there were more GameCrazies in my area. There used to be a ton of them, but all but one of them closed down. The only one left has zero DS Lites. It sucks, cause I'd like to get a used Bowsers Inside Story, and a used Spirit Tracks, and just sell off the Spirit Tracks on craigslist, and keep Bowser. That would take my overall price back into the decent range.

If you are interested, I would be willing to sell you my DS Lite for $70 +shipping
Also have an acekard 2i if you are interested
DS Lite is polar white, in great condition and qualifies under the conditions you require. It's complete in box and I can take pics if you would like.
Send me a PM if interested.

I bought it back when it was $80 dollars. Tax made it $84. I believe it was a limited time because they raised the price a little bit after. Oh well, I hope that CAG was able to help you out.

bread's done
Back