I have to hand it to Microsoft...

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I get out of my car in the parking lot of Northern Kentucky University and see a large, parked Halo 3 Mountain Dew semi truck in the parking lot. I didn't think anything of it, because I figured it was just delivering Pepsi products like always. On my way back to the parking lot to leave campus, I see the same truck, but it has transformed. The side was opened up displaying a huge big screen television, while four students played Halo 2. Halo 3 edition and normal Mountain Dew was being handed out to everyone that walked/drove by. I know Halo 3 is over hyped, but Microsoft sure does know how to advertise. Anyone else seen something similar?

red bull and all kinds of companies do this on campuses all the time.

as for Game Fuel-- it's a trap. that stuff is horrible.

Nope but I have come to expect that. I mean come on. Movie Ads for Halo 2, Soft Drinks....They are betting the bank and then some...I like the game fuel. Its refreshing

[quote name='Apossum']red bull and all kinds of companies do this on campuses all the time.

as for Game Fuel-- it's a trap. that stuff is horrible.[/quote]

I am just keeping the can sealed. It is sitting on my desk ATM. Everyone I talked to that had tried it said it was horrible too.

The marketing campaign is definitely in full swing. The mountain dew is a little cheesey, not to mention gross, but has everyone seen the "museum" ad. Really bad ass. and apparently its only a piece of a longer ad to debut on the 14th i believe.
the link to the vid. on kotaku is below. one of the best commercials for any product ive ever seen. gave me the chills. made me pissed at the convenant. made me ready to tear shit up on the 25th.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/tease/the-teaser-for-the-halo-3-teaser-299105.php

[quote name='mykevermin']NKU, huh? Should have my wife bring some home.[/quote]
If you like Mountain Dew, definitely have someone get some for you. I don't drink pop, but I grabbed three cans for my family.

drink the game fuel COLD, it's really good. a little too sweet for me, but still good.

luke warm tastes like octopus jizz.

[quote name='Pestilence']drink the game fuel COLD, it's really good. a little too sweet for me, but still good.

luke warm tastes like octopus jizz.[/QUOTE]

lol. That got a laugh out of me.

I bought a 20 oz bottle from Safeway just to try it. I only had maybe a few sips before I poured the rest out. I don't drink pop, I just wanted to try it. From what I could tell, it tasted like Mountain Dew and Cherry cough syrup.

Also from what I've read, it mixes real well with alcohol.

[quote name='jakehoss']The marketing campaign is definitely in full swing. The mountain dew is a little cheesey, not to mention gross, but has everyone seen the "museum" ad. Really bad ass. and apparently its only a piece of a longer ad to debut on the 14th i believe.
the link to the vid. on kotaku is below. one of the best commercials for any product ive ever seen. gave me the chills. made me pissed at the convenant. made me ready to tear shit up on the 25th.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/tease/the-teaser-for-the-halo-3-teaser-299105.php[/quote]

jesus christ.... it had a real band of brothers-esque feel to it.

that is really fucking amazing.

Halo 3 has done a really wierd thing for me, i went from "HAYYYYLOOO!!!11 fuck YES!!!!1" to "eh...it's just halo" back to "I WANT MASTER CHIEF'S BABY!!!!11"

I think the turning point for me was the 4 player online coop and the forge announcements.

[quote name='jakehoss']The marketing campaign is definitely in full swing. The mountain dew is a little cheesey, not to mention gross, but has everyone seen the "museum" ad. Really bad ass. and apparently its only a piece of a longer ad to debut on the 14th i believe.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/tease/the-teaser-for-the-halo-3-teaser-299105.php[/QUOTE]
Ridiculous. :roll:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ridiculous. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A teaser for a commercial is a bit ridiculous.

Also some of the dialogue almost made me laugh. IDK, an old man talking about the Masterchief like he were real just seems odd...like he's senile or something.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I am just keeping the can sealed. It is sitting on my desk ATM. Everyone I talked to that had tried it said it was horrible too.[/quote]

I've had 30 cans of it. Needless to say, I like it. Tastes like Orange gummy bears :)

[quote name='Pestilence']

luke warm tastes like octopus jizz.[/QUOTE]

Then I'll definitely keep mine lukewarm. I love me the taste of cephalopod love after a hard workout.

i saw a jagermeister bus on the freeway last week, i honked and waved and they honked their big horn at me, felt like a little kid again, a drunk little kid.

The Teaser kinda disgusted me. The timing was bad I guess. A teaser for a teaser...yeah, needless to say it ain't going to top the SMB3 teaser, and nothing ever will.

I just wonder how much is too much marketing and how far has Microsoft gone past that?

[quote name='Apossum']red bull and all kinds of companies do this on campuses all the time.

as for Game Fuel-- it's a trap. that stuff is horrible.[/quote]

It's horrible...but strangely addicting. What did put in that slurry? Soylent Green?

[quote name='Bretts31344']On my way back to the parking lot to leave campus, I see the same truck, but it has transformed.[/QUOTE]
optimus prime?

[quote name='KingBroly']The Teaser kinda disgusted me. The timing was bad I guess. A teaser for a teaser...yeah, needless to say it ain't going to top the SMB3 teaser, and nothing ever will.

I just wonder how much is too much marketing and how far has Microsoft gone past that?[/quote]

This is the largest. By far.

For Halo 2, it was like All slurpees, but this time its crazy with Pontiac, Mountain Dew, Slurpees, TV spots, beta, everything.

The company I used to work for used to bring around a promo team from Coke with us to hand out Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. I used to drink a ton of it, even though it tasted like crap.

bread's done
Back