I heart my EB

madmage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know a lot of people trash EB and Gamestops etc. here so I thought I would tell a good experience I had at EB today. For the record I'm refering to the one in Madison, WI on State St.

I bought a used network adaptor there yesterday for $30 ($10 less than new) so I could play Burnout 3 online. Well I eventually got around to installing it last night and it didn't work, turns out the connector pins were all bent or broken, so I was kinda pissed they would sell such a beat up POS. SO I took it back this morning and told them about it....so the guy gives me a brand new one to replace the old one! All without giving me a bit of trouble.

So I go home get that one set up, put in BO3 and...BO3 doesn't work...even though I've been playing it since release. But DMC worked and I was able to play SOCOM online. After trying to get it to work for a while I took it to EB (where i got it) and just said I was having problems getting the game to get to the menu screen (it was starting but went to a black screen before the menu) so...the guy turns around and gives me a new copy without even questioning me! On top of this they always go out of there way to make sure I get the most trade in offers (deals that arent plainly advertised or something) and they actually treat you like a customer not like a sale. I've also never had a problem with them giving me bad info on a game, etc. So they've got a customer for life(or until they screw up...). BTW, I did have all my receipts.

wow. I bet the place was actually getting robbed and the real employees were in the back and who you dealt withwas indeed, the robber. He just gave you new copies of everything to get rid of you quick.

I've had many similiar experiences with my two local EB's. Both have very nice employees. For exmaple, my friend and I go in there just to talk to them. They even open brand new games for us to play on their store systems! And they have been just as helpful with preplayed games that haven't worked. They gave brand new ones for replacement!

These EB's are obviously an aboration of nature and will probably wink out of existance one day as if they never existed.

Enjoy them while you can.

[quote name='Alpha2']These EB's are obviously an aboration of nature and will probably wink out of existance one day as if they never existed.

Enjoy them while you can.[/quote]

Beautifully put.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Alpha2']These EB's are obviously an aboration of nature and will probably wink out of existance one day as if they never existed.

Enjoy them while you can.[/quote]

Beautifully put.[/quote]

That is, it would've been had he spelled aberration correctly.

Sorry, I had to. :wink:

[quote name='Alpha2']Thats okay I'm a notoriously poor speller. :)[/quote]

You did fine right there. But when I first looked at your last post, I thought it said "abortion of nature." :lol:

Man that is a pretty lucky EB to have. Mine they tried to sell me an opened game as brand new. When I said I think new games are supposed to come sealed the guy gives me a hard time telling me that it's a company directive to open all games when they come off the truck. Considering I had just bought a sealed game 3 days earlier plus add in the fact that i'm not a moron and that caused me to stop shopping at EB. I switched to Gamestop and haven't really looked back.

[quote name='LinkinA']My eb didnt have Katamari Damacy in stock today. CURSE THEM!![/quote]
My EB had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them about it. So I'm going to have pick it up at Gamestop tomorrow.

[quote name='madmage']I know a lot of people trash EB and Gamestops etc. here so I thought I would tell a good experience I had at EB today. For the record I'm refering to the one in Madison, WI on State St.

I bought a used network adaptor there yesterday for $30 ($10 less than new) so I could play Burnout 3 online. Well I eventually got around to installing it last night and it didn't work, turns out the connector pins were all bent or broken, so I was kinda pissed they would sell such a beat up POS. SO I took it back this morning and told them about it....so the guy gives me a brand new one to replace the old one! All without giving me a bit of trouble.

So I go home get that one set up, put in BO3 and...BO3 doesn't work...even though I've been playing it since release. But DMC worked and I was able to play SOCOM online. After trying to get it to work for a while I took it to EB (where i got it) and just said I was having problems getting the game to get to the menu screen (it was starting but went to a black screen before the menu) so...the guy turns around and gives me a new copy without even questioning me! On top of this they always go out of there way to make sure I get the most trade in offers (deals that arent plainly advertised or something) and they actually treat you like a customer not like a sale. I've also never had a problem with them giving me bad info on a game, etc. So they've got a customer for life(or until they screw up...). BTW, I did have all my receipts.[/quote]

I go to that EB a lot, and the employees are cool. The manager is even nicer. I prefer going there than the Gamestop in the west, it's staffed by a bunch of assholes. Well, just one in particular.

My pleasant experience there was before summer. I saw a Front Mission 4 demo on the counter and asked if that was a giveaway or something. The manager told me it was the bonus for the FM4 pre-orders. However, after a couple of minutes of conversation about the game, he just gave me the demo flat out. I didn't even make a purchase that day. He even threw me the mini guide that came along with the demo .

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='AndrewUIS420']Hey bro, i am from Madison too, what school do you go to??[/quote]
Who me? I'm not from Madison, MA is Massachusetts. Sorry for the confusion man.[/quote]

He meant the OP.

The EB games I usually end up at (in Danville, Va.) has some cool employees. They are pretty laid back. The problem is every time I go in there the lowest form of knuckle-dragging moron is in front of me in line.

While picking up Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded the last weekend, I was behind two groups. The first was a total moron buying an XBox. He was considering getting a warranty and kept asking "How long is a year?" The clerk was patient, but after the third question kinda gave up on him unterstanding it was a year.

Next in line there was these two completely skeevy looking rednecks selling a PS1 and soem crappy games. I swear they were trying to get crack money, it was sad.

Another pleasant experience today at my EB (Madison, WI).

I had pre-ordered Shadow Hearts:Covenant and had gotten my bonus copy of Shadow Hearts last week, on Friday. SH:C was supposed to arrive on Saturday, but when I went there on Saturday, they hadn't gotten it in yet, fed ex shipping error.

Today i went back there to collect my copy of SH:C, they threw in another promo copy of SH to make up for the delay. Coincidentally I needed another promo copy to complete a collection. :D

Don't worry I'm not taking the bonus copy from anyone, they informed me that I was the only person to pre-order SH:C, so that promo copy didn't belong to anyone.

bread's done
Back