I hoarded like crazy!

bradr

CAGiversary!
... deodorant that is. I was at CVS and they had Speedstick on sale $2.99 for the first and then $.01 for the second (through this week). I cleared out their shelves (literally took all of their Alpine Fresh (which is what I use)). Hey, I think deodorant's too expensive so you have to stock up when it's cheap.

CVS is a drug store like Rite Aid, Eckerd, Walgreens, Duane Reed, etc.

There were a lot of girls there but I don't think my wife (who was with me) would have liked me hitting on them. We were actually there to buy some stuff for our long weekend trip (starting tomorrow morning!) and I saw the signs. I went and got a cart and did the arm sweep move to shove them all into the cart. I bought about 20 of them so I spent $30 on deodorant, easily the most in one sitting I ever have but I figured that deodorant usually doesn't go bad too quickly.

We were in this insanely huge line (one of those multiple register, one line deals) with my cart full of deodorant, though. A lot of people looked at us like we were crazy but no one tried to punch me out or anything.

Not a bad deal you got. Just make sure not to drop the deodorant or leave it anywhere hot if it's a dry deodorant. Otherwise it breaks into chunks and ruins the whole thing.

[quote name='wbc1228']Ah.....

Are you sure you won't get sick of the Alphine Fresh deodorant?[/QUOTE]

Actually, they stopped making it for a couple of months because they were re-designing the packaging. I couldn't find it anywhere. I tried some other deodorants and I didn't like them as much, so I decided I was going to buy as many as I could when I found them again. It's new packaging but same old scent so I'm happy with it. I just have to make room for them somewhere in the hall closet.

camoor: You won't be left out! I didn't grab any of the moldy Musk ones. Better than nothing! I wonder how much I can eBay these babies for?

[quote name='bradr']... deodorant that is. I was at CVS and they had Speedstick on sale $2.99 for the first and then $.01 for the second (through this week). I cleared out their shelves (literally took all of their Alpine Fresh (which is what I use)). Hey, I think deodorant's too expensive so you have to stock up when it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

My Shop Rite had it on sale last week for 99 cents each. Limit 4 - I made 3 trips

[quote name='alonzomourning23']duane reed? eckerd? save on? What the hell?[/QUOTE]

Looks like their plan worked, you are thoroughly confused! :D I've only seen Sav-On here in CA...it's amazing you know, there's a whole 'nother COUNTRY out there!

[quote name='humidore']Looks like their plan worked, you are thoroughly confused! :D I've only seen Sav-On here in CA...it's amazing you know, there's a whole 'nother COUNTRY out there![/QUOTE]

Ya, but I try not to think about it ;) .

[quote name='alonzomourning23']duane reed? eckerd? save on? What the hell?[/QUOTE]

I could've sworn I saw Eckerds in Boston.

[quote name='Rich']I could've sworn I saw Eckerds in Boston.[/QUOTE]

Looked on their site, they own, or are owned by, brooks, which is a major one around here (though CVS is easily the most well known around here). Maybe they're older than brooks and what you saw in boston was a brooks that just never changed their name on the store? I checked their locator and there's none in 50 miles, which would be nearing the southern MA border.

I always buy deodorant's 2 or 3 sticks at a time. Never 30 though.
Did they have any deals or right guard extreme? I have one down the street from me.

I dont think its hoarding in the common definition since you are actually getting it to use personally, as opposed to profiting some other way at the expense of someone else not being able to get it, even though that is still the case.

bread's done
Back