I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Technique']I'm in the same position as you are and I feel the exact same way. I really want to play NSMB! :cry:[/quote]

:grouphug:

[quote name='$hady']:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
chewy6yd.gif

Cheapy is probably in Japan right now playing his ds lite laughing at all of us that are all excited to get ours a week before it comes out

I wouldn't laugh. It is still hard to find DS Lites in Tokyo.
I got one the week before E3, but I haven't seen any store have them in stock (for less than $250) since.

[quote name='$hady']AWWWWWWE you make me feel good....

blackgaymenkiss01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DUDE!! COME ON! Let's not go THAT far with it. So I just casually add in a dancing chewie, but you, you take it to the next fucking level and make it uncomfortable.

:rofl: Man, I'm just playin' with you.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I don't understand why Nintendo would streetdate a system that's already out. The Lite is nothing more than an upgrade on a previously available system. Why street date it?[/QUOTE]

Create hype to sell more systems.

This always seems to happen with the one or two things I actually preorder per year. Oh well maybe I will swing by Target tomorrow and cancel my EB order.

Hmm..I'll have to check this out before work tomorrow.

What's the penalty for breaking such a big release date? I know when I first started working at TRU, they told me there was a fine for the particular store plus in the future you would get less shipments of the said item.

No fine for Systems unless imposed. Nintendo does not have street dates on systems. GBC, GBA, GBA SP, Micro, DS...etc. have allhad broken release dates by atleast 2-3 dayes. This is the earliest so far, followed by the Micro (6 days early at Toys R US).

I'm goin to Target tomorrow. FWIW, I was there Sunday (CC was nearby) and the rack had zero DS fats on display. The whole space where they are racked was completely empty. Its very possible they've filled the space with lites.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I almost bought one tonight but then I realized that I can just as easily wait a few weeks since I still have my warranty coverage on my DS bought at CC. Besides I'm almost tempted to wait a bit since I'm hoping they'll release a BLUE colored one down the road. :D[/quote]

Yeah the my wife wants to upgrade her DS to the DS Lite as well, but she wants a color other then white/black. With a little bit of convincing we decided to try and get as much as we can for the teal bundle before the DS Lites hit. She is going to go without one for a little while to see if a color is announced for the holidays...

I just got hired at Target and am tempted to use my new 10% discount on this. (Didn't look around after my interview, though, so may not be in at my store yet.) Realistically, though by the time I get my first paycheck, it'll be regular release anyway. Or maybe they'll be sold out?... GASP!

I just need to keep reminding myself that there's nothing wrong with my DS Phat and I should just hold out for a black or red.

I have a pre-order with Gamestop... What happens if I try to cancel it? DO i get in-store credit or do I get my money back???

I wonder if there's any way to convince them to sell me the DS Lite NOW!!!

I'm so excited abotu this, I bought my PSP a few weeks ago to switch to the DS. But I'm desperate about it now. I hope here (in Durham, NC) they will have it at Walmart. If they do and if canceling my pre-order is no problem then I buy it ASAP

if target and wal-mart are selling them already, what's the chance of gamestop selling them early? Hopefully when Nintendo finds out they just say sell them if you got them and I won't have to wait two more weeks to get mine.

I'll be checking my some Wal-Mart's and Target's after getting my lojack installed tomorrow. I've been itching to play some Phoenix Wright since I sold my old DS last week.

So it really doesn't come with the wriststrap with the thumb pad? That kind of sucks. It is the best way to play mario 64 and metroid hunters.

I actually just preordered mine at Gamestop today and the girl was like it comes out on the 11th but let me make sure. So she brings it up in the computer and looked surprised and she told me it has in the comp that they are actually shipping tomorrow so call back Thursday to see if they can sell them, so Im not surprised other places have them.

[quote name='nickmad']Any luck in the LA area?[/QUOTE]

i called a few stores in the Orange county area, nothing...i know it's not LA but at least you know, not here : /

[quote name='apokalipze2']Already on kotaku and joystiq[/quote]
Kotaku: "A moderator over at Cheap Ass Gamer stumbled across a mother-load of DS Lites at an American Target retailer."

Joystiq: "Several CAGs have reported finding DS Lites -- which aren't scheduled to be on store shelves in North America for another eleven days -- at local big-boxes Target and Wal-Mart."

;)

Hurrah! I decided to go for a late night run to walmart on the slim chance that our store might have the lite early. Much to my surprise were 6 lites sitting on the shelf! A quick side-by-side comparison is truly amazing. I can't believe I didn't go blind looking at the phat DS screens. Anyway, I'm located in Evansville, IN if any other CAGs are in the area.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']I actually just preordered mine at Gamestop today and the girl was like it comes out on the 11th but let me make sure. So she brings it up in the computer and looked surprised and she told me it has in the comp that they are actually shipping tomorrow so call back Thursday to see if they can sell them, so Im not surprised other places have them.[/QUOTE]

if that is true! OMFG! i can pick up my preordered one thursday!

I'm tempted to pick one up even though I already have a regular DS. But the fact is, I can't even trade-in mine since it's a Japanes model. Knowing Nintendo, they'll annouce a different color a month after the DS Lite release. Maybe I'll drop by Walmart tomorrow morning to check.

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']if target and wal-mart are selling them already, what's the chance of gamestop selling them early? Hopefully when Nintendo finds out they just say sell them if you got them and I won't have to wait two more weeks to get mine.[/quote]

The general rule way back when was once the street's broken, fair game. I don't think that's the policy yet. Most Gamestop's haven't even gotten a shipment in yet.. Target and Wal-Mart may be getting them in early like Target did with We Love Katamari.. they had that two or three weeks early..

Just called all the walmarts in the southeast Iowa area and no luck I'm gonna try Target, Kmart, and shopko in the morning. (Crossing fingers)

[quote name='CheapyD']Trakan, want to mention which Target you were at? If not, thats ok.

Perhaps it makes sense to make a list of stores (from CAG reports) in the OP.[/quote]
Sure.

[SIZE=+1]Oak Creek Target[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]8989 S Howell Ave , Oak Creek, WI 53154-3803 US [/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,Geneva][SIZE=-1]Phone: (414) 216-0001

It doesn't really mention a store number, otherwise I'd post that as well.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Crap. I started trading in games for credit at EB yesterday. Anyone know if that credit is somehow redeemable for cash?

[quote name='Felder71']Any sign of the DS Lites in the Atlanta, GA area? I'd be in heaven if I could get my hands on one now.[/QUOTE]

I'm headed out to a few stores today to look for FFVII, I'll take a look for you. Except, I'm in Augusta. :)

i just found out about it today so i hope it isnt too late (as i imagine there wont be second shipments at least until after launch).

anyhow, i too am in LA (hope there arent too many others for my sake), any of the Targets or 1 walmart carrying it, anyone check earlier?

odd too, that Nashville or MN and whatnot are getting it, but West Coast hotspots still dont have it? really wierd. (Redmond of course makes sense).

i wonder why only Target and Walmart, any other chains showing this trend maybe? or maybe not because other stores have to worry about the in store pre-order commitments.

[quote name='spincut']i just found out about it today so i hope it isnt too late (as i imagine there wont be second shipments at least until after launch).

anyhow, i too am in LA (hope there arent too many others for my sake), any of the Targets or 1 walmart carrying it, anyone check earlier?

odd too, that Nashville or MN and whatnot are getting it, but West Coast hotspots still dont have it? really wierd. (Redmond of course makes sense).

i wonder why only Target and Walmart, any other chains showing this trend maybe? or maybe not because other stores have to worry about the in store pre-order commitments.[/QUOTE]

Target is based in MN, and Nashville? FedEx HQ is the only reasonable explanation I have.

It's a no go at the wal-mart in Auburn, Alabama (though I'm probably the only CAG here). I'm going to check the Target and other wal-mart in about an hour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. crossed. crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back